Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

Savage Development Diary

For public discussion of "Savage Land" and other Red Nemesis projects.

Moderators: zYnthetic, Mister_Prophet

User avatar ElectricIce
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: Savage Development Diary

Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021, 08:01

That crosshair is amazing btw! I used to always rely on the sound cues on how many I loaded, this would make it easier LOL

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021, 18:17

In general, the eightball will be more advantageous in combat. By adding these little updates I hope people will want to use it more and not just stick it for the quick load burst opener before switching to something else. Since group rushes will be more common throughout the campaign the rockets needed to be better at picking targets and the load-and-hold mechanic really helps the player plan their moment.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021, 02:10

July Update

Only a minor post this time. Progress has slowed a bit as the mappers on the team work to expand our levels throughout the summer. In particular, Steadz and Fashahhh have made very promising strides on their levels while I myself continue to hammer out some rough corners on the levels towards the front end of the campaign. Some glimmers of real exciting looking mappage are sneaking through.

Though, full disclosure, as the world seems to get back on balance after Covid some of us are finding our former routines going back to normal. While the summer continues, progress on necessary code improvements has slowed as levels get made to test out all the features we have so far (the grunt work, as it is). This is a good thing because 1) it means we are using every new asset we make and 2) we get to maintain the original promise of the project by not to getting ahead of ourselves.

Some of our other recruits from earlier in the year have gone a bit silent on account of their own personal reasons, but this is quite okay as I'm happy with the open door policy we have on enlistment as it is. In fact, just a friendly reminder, we're always looking for new help. Anyone who wants to crap out a single Na Pali level or donate a mesh/model, gimmie a shout out! As always, I am lurking on discord and will respond to messages on the forum when I can.

In Our Country We Like Lists wrote:
-Fashahhh progresses well with his level, dubbed the Desecrated Peaks during development. Looks to show up his previous release of The Vale
-Steadz continues work on his icy mountainous level, featuring detailed ruins forged in crisp bsp, currently under the working title the Abandoned Heights.
-Turboman, the ever busy genius, is silently working on his unnamed level whilst also making touches to his own excellent project, The One.
-Yours truly is currently juggling multiple levels at once because I hate myself and enjoy pain. Nah, it's looking good. I just wish I could close the gap on the blasted third level already.

Previous