Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

New map review suggestion box

For discussion about UnrealSP.org itself.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar cronodevir
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2008, 06:40

The way i look at it..and all other game worlds is...the world is an idea, the content descibes it..and its possiable for a third party to better describe that idea than the one who first envisioned it.
I'm Garble and MrBlowtatoes

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2008, 06:44

ph34r mah 1337 interpretting skillz:
from what i gather, you are saying that mod teams will always do a better job because they are expanding on something which already exists.
(note: i'm not drawing conclusions from your post, just trying to understand it :? )

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2008, 10:58

Baffordu is a combination of the first level of Thief with (awesome) music from Shadow of the Beast 3, if you've played neither of those games it probably won't mean too much to you.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2008, 13:34

There's no way to review Unreal.
ImageImage

User avatar StalwartUK
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2008, 17:52

UBerserker wrote:There's no way to review Unreal.

Well it certainly isn't impossible. It would be interesting to see how well Unreal stands up to more recent works (ONP, 7 Bullets to name a few). Unreal would undoubtedly get 80% or more on the current schema. RTNP on other hand would most certainly be lower (marks off for the voice acting and consistency straight off). If it's done a collabrative review would be the best way to go round doing it.
StalwartUK

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2008, 19:35

Mman wrote:Baffordu is a combination of the first level of Thief with (awesome) music from Shadow of the Beast 3, if you've played neither of those games it probably won't mean too much to you.

You forgot to mention that this level sucks.

I might review Demon's Keep, but Bafforu's manor is a series of rooms with annoying-to-open doors where Skaarj rarely can follow me and doesn't end. No story, not a single log. It's like a bunch of under-scaled rooms filled with Skaarj who get hung up on architecture and there's no way to end it.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2008, 20:37

You may want to check Ballad of Ash too. It was really hilarious.
ImageImage

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2008, 21:44

Mister_Prophet wrote:You forgot to mention that this level sucks.

I never said it was a good port :P .

I didn't notice Demon's Keep was recommended. I was thinking of recommending that one too; the actual design is pretty weak, but I've always found the overall structure very memorable.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Mar 2008, 01:32

There wasn't a year in the readme, may I ask how old Demon Keep is?

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Mar 2008, 03:08

Mister_Prophet wrote:You forgot to mention that this level sucks.

Dude, Bafford is pretty much the paragon of excellent level design for a number of reasons:

OK so I just liked the music.

Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Mar 2008, 06:05

StalwartUK wrote:
UBerserker wrote:There's no way to review Unreal.

Well it certainly isn't impossible. It would be interesting to see how well Unreal stands up to more recent works (ONP, 7 Bullets to name a few). Unreal would undoubtedly get 80% or more on the current schema. RTNP on other hand would most certainly be lower (marks off for the voice acting and consistency straight off). If it's done a collabrative review would be the best way to go round doing it.

I am VERY interested in seeing unreal's score on this site. Sorry for going OT, i'll shut up now. :B

Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Sep 2008, 05:55

I'll just post here to say that i've done a review of Ezkeels map "Xerania's fall". I stuck to the review schema and sent it off to Hellscrag. Hopefully it's good enough.
I couldn't believe that this site hasn't already got a review for it, so i decided to write my own.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Sep 2008, 09:23

TheIronKnuckle wrote:I'll just post here to say that i've done a review of Ezkeels map "Xerania's fall". I stuck to the review schema and sent it off to Hellscrag. Hopefully it's good enough.
I couldn't believe that this site hasn't already got a review for it, so i decided to write my own.

Thanks for your e-mail. I haven't had time to look at it yet but will feed back to you as and when I can.
Life is what you make of it.

Ryanx69x
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008, 21:31

I loved zora's stuff. I think one of her packs were the first ones Ive ever played. Ive seen some stuff in her packs that ive never seen anywhere else. The mine map with the mine carts and the switchable tracks was interesting. Her maps also have a pretty good amount of riddles. But some of her riddles are damn hard to solve and require a lot of thinking. I dont think I've ever been able to solve the riddle in her citadel map. Her latest released episode is definitely the best. I seriously recommend that you try it she has some pretty crazy stuff.

her site is: http://zzora.altervista.org

I also liked TentacleHunter's map pack: http://www.freewebs.com/tentaclehunter/

His pack is probably not quite as good as some of the maps here, but still pretty sweet.

Ryanx69x
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Oct 2008, 21:57

UBerserker wrote:Exactly. Don't waste time with those. Try Baffourd or the Devil Keep.

You say zora's maps suck, but then you recommend Bafford?? Are you being serious? I really liked bafford for the atmosphere, but come on, it wasnt nearly as good as zoras stuff. Devils keep was really good though, I remember playing that a long time ago, but I couldnt remember what it was called. I remember now tho :D

Previous Next