This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

SP maps yet to be reviewed or mentioned on USP

For discussion about UnrealSP.org itself.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar zacman
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: SP maps yet to be reviewed or mentioned on USP

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009, 09:35

Eh, just found some SP Maps while trying to find a download of Skytown Redux...
http://zzora.altervista.org/
http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=m ... gleplayer/
Just figured more maps=better :P
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009, 14:06

Use this thread next time: http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=265

Honestly, packs like the Zora and the Tentacle Hunter ones shouldn't be reviewed. Pure Coop related stuff.
ImageImage

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Aug 2009, 01:36

UBerserker wrote:Use this thread next time: http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=265

Honestly, packs like the Zora and the Tentacle Hunter ones shouldn't be reviewed. Pure Coop related stuff.

uh....what? There's no such thing as "pure coop related stuff". It's single player-able as well as coop, BOTH Zora's maps and Tentacle Hunter's maps. And why does that even matter? Somebody made the effort to make a single player map pack, and I believe it deserves a review. Tentacle Hunter's maps are probably the most popular maps on my server and most requested. So what if the geometry isn't godly? Tentacle Hunter really nailed the game play quite good. It's extremely fun, and people will sit in those maps for hours at a time role playing and whatnot (most specifically the last map)

And you can't say "Well they're unfinished" either because Shinigami is unfinished as well and it still has a review on here :P
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Aug 2009, 01:40

UBerserker wrote:

With that logic, Zephon shouldn't have been reviewed.

Unless there is no SP functionality at all...well, that isn't the case here, is it?

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Aug 2009, 10:55

Mister_Prophet wrote:
UBerserker wrote:

With that logic, Zephon shouldn't have been reviewed.

Unless there is no SP functionality at all...well, that isn't the case here, is it?

Hahaha, nice reasoning about Zephon (BTW I also agree with Shivaxi about the unfinished stuff).

Concerning Zephon, gameplay was reviewed using SP criteria, so I see no reason to exclude another pack or map because it is so-called not SP or such a bad map. IIRC some maps received scores which would have excluded them from being reviewed.

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Aug 2009, 11:10

Zephon was reviewed with SP criteria because it had a SP campaign. All I'm saying is that, as long as the maps suggested here by Zacman have a SP section...then it's more than fine that they be reviewed. But I would say that a pack created strictly for COOP play will come at odds with the schema on general principle. But I don't think anyone has ever made one (the closest I could think of is Zephon, which was created and tested more with COOP in mind than its SP section). To be "pure" COOP experience, you're thinking of MonsterHunt or Assault.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Aug 2009, 13:07

Because Zephon IS supposed to be a SP pack - but the difficulty was so high and people thought it was more suited for Coop.

I still stand firm in my opinion about about TH and Zora mappacks. Though I enjoyed TH's stuff. Couldn't stand the Zora ones for one second.
ImageImage

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Aug 2009, 14:44

UBerserker wrote:...
I still stand firm in my opinion about about TH and Zora mappacks. Though I enjoyed TH's stuff. Couldn't stand the Zora ones for one second.

There's no problem with that opinion but I see a lack of consistency. Take for example of of the latest map you reviewed, "The Pure" which reaped a magnificent 13% (I haven't played it yet so I can't even comment on it). But my point is, according to the review, the map isn't worth downloading, extension playing, expension reviewing - now considering your opinion on Zora's maps, it sounds as though these maps fit into the same category.

Mind you, I'm not saying every map should be reviewed, however apparently there are criteria which will exclude maps from the reviewing process - I just haven't seen the specifics of these criteria yet (although I can guess most) and get the impression that TH and Zora are excluded using other criteria (having said this, I don't know Zora and TH so perhaps they are specifically Coop in which case the criteria have probably been followed correctly).

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Aug 2009, 14:49

They aren't excluded just because UB has an opinion :) There is no criteria for not reviewing a map or pack made for Unreal here at Unreal SP. It will just come down to someone either pushing for a review (which does not happen often here...or at all) or a regular playing them and deciding that they want to make a review for the site. Or if the map creators make an account and urge for one...which again, rarely happens. Not that kind of site :o

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009, 03:58

Well I'm pushing for a review for Tentacle Hunter's map pack. It's a damn good map pack and I believe it deserves one, despite what UB or anyone else thinks. Like I said, geometry is really basic, but the game play is just fantastic. And I'm quite sure it's going to score something higher than 13% lol. Hell it could probably match to my WtfS1 score. If I had to guess, I'd say it'd come out some where from 40 to 50%.
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009, 08:45

I'll be happy to review Zora's Maps. I'll probably have a review done by monday, if you want it...
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009, 09:36

Be consistent with the scores of the other mappacks though.
ImageImage

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Aug 2009, 09:40

UBerserker wrote:Be consistent with the scores of the other mappacks though.

I will :)
ImageImage