Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

[u1] Mission Pack Zero

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: [u1] Mission Pack Zero

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009, 08:54

Developer: Team Axis
Image Image
Synopsis: You were assigned the duty of guarding the weapons bay inside Vortex Rikers. As you slowly awake from the crash, aches and pains run throughout the body as you think about the last conversation you had before lights went black. Unconscious at the time of the crash landing on an unknown planet, explore the once restricted areas of Vortex Rikers as a security guard in a brand new chapter of Epic Games' award-winning title, Unreal.
Features: 12 new maps; professional scripted sequences; new sounds; custom music; co-op compatible.
Last edited by jackrabbit on 18 Apr 2011, 15:50, edited 15 times in total.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009, 16:24

Finally, another map pack besides mine that's for Unreal 1 :D
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

Ryanx69x
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009, 18:01

Wasn't that the same team who made ONP?

EDIT: Oh wait, nm this is team VERTEX. Lol, I knew something in the team name was different.
Last edited by Ryanx69x on 09 Mar 2009, 18:15, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009, 18:04

This is Team VERTEX, not Team Vortex. Obviously a joke, but I think it's a really bad idea as it is going to cause a LOT OF CONFUSION :P

User avatar jackrabbit

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009, 18:09

actually.. we (the entire team) had a long dialog on what the team name should be in a Teamspeak server last night around 4am in the morning. This was the only name that we would decide on without anyone arguing against it. The guy who came up with the name first didn't know about team Vortex. Previously, this team was called team "Vertex Riders". We decided to ditch the Riders part and just keep Vertex to sound more professional.

Its really not a joke.... just coincidence

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009, 18:15

Well, coincidence or not, I had to do a double-take, and already some people are wondering whether you guys also made ONP or not, so I would recommend choosing something else, like Team Array or Team BSP Tree or something :P

Ryanx69x
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009, 18:17

Haha, might as well be team 3d modelling software.

User avatar jackrabbit

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009, 18:18

sorry, thats the name. It does have quite a bit of history.. Vertex Riders was chosen by one of the original team members who was removed from the team within a weeks time. It has stuck around in most of our heads for who knows what reason for over 2 or so years and is in no way supposed to take away from the previous existing name team Vortex. Thats just the way the cookies crumble.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009, 18:40

I've made a few changes to the formatting and, on that basis, I am prepared to approve the thread.

I hope your team is more open to constructive criticism of the mappage than you are to constructive criticisms of the team's name!
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar jackrabbit

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009, 18:49

Hellscrag wrote:I've made a few changes to the formatting and, on that basis, I am prepared to approve the thread.

I hope your team is more open to constructive criticism of the mappage than you are to constructive criticisms of the team's name!

:) Thank you Hellscrag.. and yes.. some of our members are very sensitive people, but they are not creating the maps but rather scripted sequence events sounds and event messages.... so I think we'll be fine for now.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009, 19:03

Bah, this is the same thing that happened when I first introduced WTF Series...everyone said I should change the name and blah blah blah...it is what it is people, and I back Jackrabbit up on this. 8)
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009, 19:06

Shivaxi wrote:Bah, this is the same thing that happened when I first introduced WTF Series...everyone said I should change the name and blah blah blah...it is what it is people, and I back Jackrabbit up on this. 8)

At least "WTF Series 1" was distinctive. "Team Vertex" is confusing and, although unintentionally, somewhat disrespectful IMO.

Life is what you make of it.

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009, 19:36

Hellscrag wrote:
Shivaxi wrote:Bah, this is the same thing that happened when I first introduced WTF Series...everyone said I should change the name and blah blah blah...it is what it is people, and I back Jackrabbit up on this. 8)

At least "WTF Series 1" was distinctive. "Team Vertex" is confusing and, although unintentionally, somewhat disrespectful IMO.

Yeah, I'm just imagining how many random Unreal gaming news sites/blogs/whatevers will misreport info about this or think it's a joke. Your project deserves better; don't let something as simple as the name damage its reputation! That's all. I think the name is good, but it's just too similar to an existing, very-well-known team.

Anyway, the first screens look interesting. Are you going to post more info in a project thread or use this one?

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009, 21:16

i can believe it is coincidence and find humour in the joke at the same time. Don't worry. And the only media that matter counts don't cover things like obscure mods for old games so you don't need to worry really.
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009, 21:40

TheIronKnuckle wrote:i can believe it is coincidence and find humour in the joke at the same time. Don't worry. And the only media that matter counts don't cover things like obscure mods for old games so you don't need to worry really.

Actually, more small sites cover stuff like this than you might think. I googled for EXU2 and found a number of sites covering the recent Demo 3 release in some way or another that I never had heard of.

Next