Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

Unreal creature Top Trumps

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject: Unreal creature Top Trumps

Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019, 23:44

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zyvp7j2shwcfv ... s.pdf?dl=0

Instructions:
  1. Download PDF and print (high print quality recommended - I suppose the paper size may be an issue in some countries);
  2. Cut out and stick to a pack of normal playing cards;
  3. To protect from smudging or other damage, laminate or cover with clear self-adhesive plastic film;
  4. Play in the same way as any other Top Trumps pack.

The perfect gift if, like me, you are currently introducing the delights of Unreal to the next generation! :D

(Bonus challenge: Guess where all the screenshots were taken! They were all taken on retail maps, RTNP:UE maps or, in a few cases where the creatures were not well represented by those sources, my own maps.)
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: Unreal creature Top Trumps

Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019, 17:18

This is just, like, so sweet Hellscrag! :) good job, hope "the next generation" is still able to appreciate Unreal despite the presence of new adventure titles with ultra-HD graphics!

(but I am sure you're doing your best to highlight all that makes Unreal special ;) )
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019, 23:01

Sat42 wrote:This is just, like, so sweet Hellscrag! :) good job, hope "the next generation" is still able to appreciate Unreal despite the presence of new adventure titles with ultra-HD graphics!

(but I am sure you're doing your best to highlight all that makes Unreal special ;) )

Well, 'the next generation' is 12 years old. He has watched me play the game before, but is having his first go at playing it himself. He has just made it to Cellars at Dasa Pass. He counts Unreal as one of his favourite games at the moment despite being more used to console games (including the dreaded Fortnite).

He loved Bluff Eversmoking, so is clearly a boy of taste.

Of course, modern patches and graphics cards have helped to keep the game up to date.

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 13 Sep 2019, 23:26

Hellscrag wrote:
Sat42 wrote:This is just, like, so sweet Hellscrag! :) good job, hope "the next generation" is still able to appreciate Unreal despite the presence of new adventure titles with ultra-HD graphics!

Well, 'the next generation' is 12 years old. He has watched me play the game before, but is having his first go at playing it himself. He has just made it to Cellars at Dasa Pass. He counts Unreal as one of his favourite games at the moment despite being more used to console games (including the dreaded Fortnite).

Of course, modern patches and graphics cards have helped to keep the game up to date.

:D that's great Mike, very happy to hear your 12 year old "gets" what Unreal tries to accomplish! Sounds like you're doing a good job at introducing him to stuff in order to keep his mind open, also I'd say I agree 12 years old is a reasonable age to start playing Unreal. :tup:
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019, 21:18

Hellscrag wrote:

Just don't let him play Seven Bullets!