Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

UT99 console exclusive maps sequels

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Aspide
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: UT99 console exclusive maps sequels

Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022, 23:23

The 25th anniversary of UT99 is approaching and UT99.org is planning something big with the 25AC project to celebrate the special occasion, I decided to make some sequels to maps that were exclusive to the console version of UT99, the idea was to make small, simple maps that don't use any custom content to flex my mapping skills, this three maps are the result.

Since I can't attach files here, you will have to go here to see screenshots and to download the maps:
https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15402&p=138164#p138164

All this maps are part of the 25AC project, however since there is a long time until the project is finished I decided to release them to get feedback and so people can enjoy them, the final version of all this maps will be released with the 25AC project. (the order goes from older to newest map):

1) DOM-Osiris]I[

This map is a sequel to DOM-Osiris and DM-DE-Osiris2 both made by Dave Ewing, I love the simplicity beauty of the first Osiris so I made sure to create this level with that in mind. This map has a lot of small corridors so you have to learn to shoot and try to predict where your enemies might come from, also there is a lot of secrets hiding in plain sight. Do not underestimate the Ripper in this map :)

2)CTF-Sepulchre][

This map is a sequel to CTF-Sepulchre made by Rich 'Akuma' Eastwood, however I'm not the biggest fan of the level because the map is design like a choke point, so one team always gets the advantage (unless you play the map with a small number of players, then the map is ok). I decided to make an open version of the original map, there are multiple ways to get to the base but since the map is open there is no place to hide, the sniper is the most important weapon and therefore a good sniper can make the difference between losing and winning.

3)DM-Flux]I[

This map is a sequel to DM-Flux and DM-Flux2 both made by Juan Pancho 'XceptOne' Eekels, I like the uniqueness of the original map, however is a little to big for a 1on1 map, so I made a much more smaller and challenging version of the original Flux, I also took some elements from the sequel DM-Flux2 as well but the first one is the biggest source of inspiration, the jump boots are definitively the most important pickup, who uses the jump boots the best wins the match.
Somewhere in Nevada...

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject: Re: UT99 console exclusive maps sequels

Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022, 02:38

Doing God's work I see, Aspide :tup:

User avatar Aspide
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: Re: UT99 console exclusive maps sequels

Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022, 02:14

Thanks Mister_Prophet, if anyone has complains I'll be happy to hear them, this maps are still in beta after all :D .
Somewhere in Nevada...