Scout-kun is a lie... right?

[227] RLCoop (Real Life Survival Gametype) [Official Thread - BETA RELEASED]

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Maxer 64
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: [227] RLCoop (Real Life Gametype) [Livestreaming now]

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013, 23:45

God, I want to start playing with you guys now.What's the server?
If you see this, I was a really dumb and stupid kid. Don't listen to the above.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: [227] RLCoop (Real Life Gametype) [Forthcoming]

Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013, 00:16

@ PromiserOfDeath: Don't worry, this will work in singleplayer ;)

@ Maxer 64: Sorry mate, private server =P

Dunno if anyone tuned into the live stream but the recording is up now...it went pretty well I think...except that Shrakitha totally didn't work out at all xD But it was all good fun.

http://www.twitch.tv/shivaxi/b/383132694

00:00 - We attempt Shrakitha and fail miserably

23:00 - We attempt Attacked and fail miserably...then not fail and make it to the next level and then fail miserably again

1:07:00 - We attempt Unreal starting at Vortex Rikers and make it to Dig where we fail miserably

So we played the original Unreal maps starting from Vortex...for an hour...and only made it to Dig...and STILL didnt even make it through dig all the way xD
Last edited by Shivaxi on 28 Mar 2013, 00:50, edited 3 times in total.
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar PromiserOfDeath
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013, 00:29

Shivaxi wrote:@ PromiserOfDeath: Don't worry, this will work in singleplayer ;)

Sweet, also is there a Release Date on this Project?

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013, 00:32

PromiserOfDeath wrote:

None yet, sorry. I wasn't even planning to release this originally to be honest. This was a personal mod I started for myself cause I wanted to try making some real cooperative gameplay. But a lot of people I showed it to took great interest, so that's why I posted on here to get people's opinions and such. It's definitely not ready for release just yet though, it'll be a while (another reason I'm thinking about hosting some public server RLCoop events).

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013, 02:07

Shivaxi wrote:
PromiserOfDeath wrote:

None yet, sorry. I wasn't even planning to release this originally to be honest. This was a personal mod I started for myself cause I wanted to try making some real cooperative gameplay. But a lot of people I showed it to took great interest, so that's why I posted on here to get people's opinions and such. It's definitely not ready for release just yet though, it'll be a while (another reason I'm thinking about hosting some public server RLCoop events).

I really do like alot of the Features you listed it makes it seem more realistic making you watch your surroundings and forcing you to make decisions and not to rush into Battles and to Sneak by Pawns Undetected if possible. A Singleplayer Version some features will have to be changed but that is acceptable Example: removing Save Game Option so that if you die you're forced to restart and make a better decision and choose your actions more carefully.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013, 10:07

Excellent idea; some of the features like ledge grabbing seem superfluous, however, unless you want to design new levels/change existing ones around that mechanic.

Though I have an idea for that: With the advent of Static Meshes you could make a mutator that dynamically spawns some new geometry in existing Unreal campaign levels, allowing you to make use of the player boosting/ledge grabbing systems, like additional high boxes, high-hanging ducts etc.

Worth considering?
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013, 13:56

Indeed that is something to think about. I've already come across several instances where I really could have used the ledge grabbing function. It would be more useful than you think ;) But something like what you're suggesting would be very very far down the road. Would require a lot of work.

User avatar Rob_KC
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013, 22:30

Hey shiv, did you guys consider making inventory/weapons show on the player? like the 2hand weapons maybe appear on your back and other guns/inventory appear around the waist? Or would that not work out well?

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013, 01:13

Rob_KC wrote:Hey shiv, did you guys consider making inventory/weapons show on the player? like the 2hand weapons maybe appear on your back and other guns/inventory appear around the waist? Or would that not work out well?

Yes actually haha...the first thing I wanted to do was make the secondary weapon appear on the players back or belt in third person. Doing it though is another matter...just haven't gotten round to trying it yet. It'll be difficult to do without custom meshes for our playerpawn...so we'll see what happens (which is why i didnt put it up as a feature yet)

I've been updating the first post like crazy with new features Bleeder and I have just made pretty much all today:

-Grabbing now works as well. Grab and carry boxes or barrels, etc. (movable decoration objects) If you click to fire while holding a decoration item, you will throw that object.
-You must now pickup items manually using the 'grab' function. Much more realistic and prevents players from accidentally picking up things they don't want. Also useful for grabbing items that are slightly up on a ledge, etc.
-Both Players & Monsters will make the injur noise and animation when they are close to death from bleeding out.
-Removed weapon and item unlit glow and rotation ( its unrealistic! xD )
-Critical damage for sneak attacks. Example, sneaking up behind an enemy and using melee on them while they're un-alert will increase your melee damage (x6) to lethal amounts.

Also unmentioned on the first post, is we fixed the HUD so that the "connecting" message and your HUD can be seen at the same time, along with the F1 scoreboard. Quite useful. Also the new grabbing function for picking up items also allows it so that if you grab a weapon that you are already carrying, you extract that ammo from that weapon instead of picking it up. It works on normal ammo to, so you just grab the ammo you need, and the rest stays there for someone else to pickup if you cannot carry it all. ^^

We also made decorations become translucent while you are carrying them, but decided against this and removed it since, well A. its a bit unrealistic lol, and B. you can just lean to look around the object you are carrying to see where you can go. Fixed it so you cant dodge when carrying a decoration object, and made it so that you can jump a little with the object, about 75% normal jump height.

Oh and fixed it so that when dodging, you jump up a bit too (UT99 style) fixes getting stuck on little bits of trim and stuff...was annoying as hell xD

Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013, 01:53

I like the Idea of 2 Weapons but you could do 3 Weapons. 2 Pistols and 1 Two-Handed Weapon.
Example: 2 Automags or 2 DPs or you can Mix 1 DP and 1 Automag plus your Two Handed Weapon.

Duel Wielding 2 Separate weapons might be tricky tho.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013, 02:20

dual wielding 1 handed weapons was an idea too...but a little farther down the road if it comes to that :P That is an idea to think about though...carry 2 weapons and then a 1 handed weapon so its like 3 weapons...but u can carry like 3 big weapons, eightball and flak and asmd or something...thats a nice idea....might go with that ;)

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013, 16:32

http://www.twitch.tv/shivaxi/b/383880413

Check it out...grabbing animations and throwing animations for grabbing inventory and throwing decorations XD

EDIT:

http://www.twitch.tv/shivaxi/b/384320470

I just tried to solo Shrak2 O.o; My heart is still racing goddamn...

User avatar Rob_KC
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013, 22:38

Ah, I see. I remember somebody was making a mod where kevlarsuits and armor showed on them. The only way i can think of how to do that is to make textures and then change the texture on pickup depending on what class/skin the player is using, but I know nothing of coding haha. But regardless man, that looked fun as hell! I really hope you set up a time when you want to have a bunch of players come in, that would be awesome. That was funny on attacked2. The only stragey I could think of was to have some one sacrifice them self and the other runs like hell. Very good stuff though, I cant wait to give this a go.

Maxer 64
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013, 03:09

Rob_KC wrote:Ah, I see. I remember somebody was making a mod where kevlarsuits and armor showed on them.

The first thing that comes to mind about the armor thing is that Mr. Prophet was implementing that in Residual Decay.
If you see this, I was a really dumb and stupid kid. Don't listen to the above.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013, 03:15

I saw thread on Old Unreal where someone was adding meshes to player pawns to show armor/suit types. I saw a few shots of it working but don't know what became of it. It reminded me of what Qtit did to Unreal monsters by adding mesh portions over them, like Krall armor and such.

In RD it was changeable skins, different kind of thing. Probably easier.

Previous Next