Scout-kun is a lie... right?

evilgrins Maps & Skins Megathread

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar evilgrins
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: evilgrins Maps & Skins Megathread

Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022, 03:44

3 XV maps for CTF
Cranking these out and testing them doesn't take much time, unless I need assistance from someone in fixing or assessing aspects of the maps...
...and there's a few of those currently in the works, but these are good to go.

Each of these was formerly a UTDMT map. They're all pretty straightforward, but here's the details:
1. CTF-XV-ESF-River has the helicopter, as there's a lot of sky for such a small map... and every other vehicle kept falling in the lake and rivers.
2. CTF-XV-Fortress[X] has the largest of the tanks (can you tell I don't know tank names?) which works as it's the most heavily armored and there are mortars periodically firing from above which damages them.
3. CTF-XV-Tundra has enough room for a jeep and the smallest tank, good and decent play there.

Enjoy!
· https://www.mediafire.com/file/r4u1a3rrwlu87tc/CTF-XV-ESF-River.zip
· https://www.mediafire.com/file/nk536mlw06c8p33/CTF-XV-FortressX.zip
· https://www.mediafire.com/file/2m075wbdq5vot9h/CTF-XV-Tundra.zip

You can get Xvehicles here · https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14936 · which you need to make this work!

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 26 Mar 2022, 00:35

DM-XV-monsters-Brikby
Brikby has long been one of my fave maps to kick back on. One of the first realistic looking maps I got after Infiltration became a thing, whether with actual players or playing with bots... it's a large space with lots to go inside of and duck around.
Seemed kinda perfect for tanks.

The last couple years I'd been editing Brikby, as I tend to play offline more than I play online. Adding and removing monsters of various types, moving around weapons...
...until I had the ideal mix of what I wanted to keep things interesting.

X-vehicles just make things all the more interesting.
What's here:
· 2 squads of Space Marines. 1 squad armed with redeemers, the other with Instagibs. As Scripted Pawns, they have unlimited ammo .
· UTDM-monsters are here, 1 of each kind. Warlord has the same ammo as the GK1 tank.
· Cyberus, the unkillable beastie... really keeps me on my toes.
· Happy Fun Ball, which is an unkillable Sentry with a happy skin.
· All XV has to offer other than the jeeps, which don't seem to do as well outside of team games.

I removed all the Infiltration content, so none of that is necessary.

Usual Suspects:
.u /system
.umx /music
.unr /maps
.utx / textures
.png - pwetty

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/n1d1je182ohvzsb/DM-XV-monsters-Brikby.zip

You can get Xvehicles here · https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14936 · which you need to make this work!

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022, 23:38

DM-XV-DarkForest
Best place for tanks to battle is on a GINORMOUS map, and that's what I've been combing my maps directory for.
The Dark Forest is one of the largest of the large maps, that isn't GIANT SIZED; no being a little person in a Godzilla sized house! Plus this map will strain a person's driving skills in improving ways, because driving over rocks and stumps and other such forestry tends to damage one's vehicle.

I've placed all manner of what XV has to offer here, 1 of each vehicle and only 1 of the jeeps. Even though there's weapons and ammo all over the map, I setup a WeaponLocker in a cabin that's near the center of all that.

There is no FixGun because that's really ideal for team games, plus this environment really doesn't speak to being such a place to have one of those.
Tanks are in the 4 corners of the map, 1 to each corner; overall shape may seem round but it's really just a very large square. The jeep and heli are by the center cabin. There's some animals on the map as well, with their health seriously jacked up so they won't die so easily...

...initially the map had NaliRabits on it, but I removed them as that is literally the most useless thing in the entire Unreal series. Was tempted to swap them for GoPostal's cats, yes he actually made a cat for mapping, but that thing dies way too easily no matter how much you increase its health. For a time I had LeoTCK's SeaGoats on the map, but during development of various things that proved to be an issue so I had to remove them. Ultimately, I put in SkaarjWarriors though I removed their projectiles... to keep things interesting but not too interesting.

Due to the size of the map and the massive amounts of open space...
...the map does have a couple BSP issues, but they're not too bad. Mostly they're out near the edges and they're nothing that can kill you, no bottomless pits to fall in, things only look a little trippy when passing through them.

I removed an invisible redeemer that was on the original, moved another redeemer up to a branch as it was placed below it in the open air for no apparent reason. I removed a couple Uzis, both because other than XV I wanted to keep this a bit more standard and also because 1 of the 2 kinds of Uzis was the Rebel Mac which had the Stars & Bars of the Confederacy on it... and I always edit stuff like that off of maps when I find them.

Usual Suspects:
.unr /maps
.png - pwetty

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/tvof7rqjrqs762n/DM-XV-DarkForest.zip

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022, 19:59

CTF-XV-ToX-STORAGEWARS
Looking for ideal maps to edit with XV I used some basic criteria, chief among them was BIG but also, I figured maps that were originally intended for SLV/RX would be pretty ideal too.
This is a massive map, rectagular overall, of a storage place which has 2 parking garages on either end. It's technically a bit GIANT SIZE though not as much as some maps, you place any player next to a garbage can and it makes the player look about 4 years old or so in comparison; relative heights.

Map originally only had redeemers on it, I added a FixGun to the very center of the map and placed 2 WeaponLockers on either end.
As this was intended for flying vehicles originally, the flag is situated in such a way so a player flying by could grab it without leaving their craft, though there's also a jump pad in front of it so players could bounce up there. Admittedly, I didn't realize that thing was a jump pad, certainly doesn't look like one, so I placed jump boots directly below the flag.

Left them there in case anyone else was as confused as I was.

While I did remove most of the redeemers...
...I didn't remove them all. This was both for anyone that might wanna try SLV vs tanks & jeeps as well as standard UT weapons are not great at destroying XV, so having nukes might be useful periodically for a defense if nothing else.

Usual Suspects:
.umx - /music
.unr - /maps
.png - pwetty

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/4z2fdilyoaq8a33/CTF-XV-ToX-STORAGEWARS.zip

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 12 Apr 2022, 10:40

MH-XV-MHA-DinoIsland
Multiple times testing this, I now have the theme to Jurassic Park stuck in my head. You're welcome!

In the search for GINORMOUS maps that're ideal for XV, I'm kinda embarrassed to say this one didn't occur to me sooner. The MonsterHunt servers I frequented the most often belonged to KillerBee, and he was a big fan of hard to beat monsters, as I am, and also the Nali Weapons 2 package...
...obviously this was awhile ago, as NW3 wasn't out yet.

This map was the most popular on both of KillerBee's MonsterHunt and Stronger MH servers, more often than not this was what was going on when I popped on... which may've been due to it being the hardest map to beat due to a little snafu.
A massive map, which is kind of an understatement, it's filled with dinosaurs from the Jurassic.u with their healths boosted significantly. It's an ideal map for those that don't like rushers, those player that try to rush to the end of a map by doing only that which is essential to access the exit... which doesn't work so well here as you literally have to kill everything on the map for the exit to open.

Which is why it was so popular on KillerBee's, as players would be blasting NW2's nukes all over trying to find the last remaining dino, which I think THUNDERBOLT deliberately made invisible... and placed in a fairly secure space.

I might never have found it, though techically I didn't, had I not had Nelsona put bot-pathing on the map. At the end all the dinos & monsters were dead but the final dino could not be found; I played with 8 bots. I got out of my vehicle and started hunting on foot and it took about 15 minutes until 1 bot (ironically the one with the Kraven the Hunter skin) found it. Which is why I highly recommend playing with bots, as they can find things a human player will miss.

Dinosaurs dominate the main area of the map, but there's other areas the vehicles cannot go. There's underwater portions of the map with monsters in them, there's a cave network both behind the starting area as well as in a volcano; you're gonna have to deal with not being able to use the tanks & jeeps all the time.
As only the 2nd XV map I've edited that has dinos on it, I must stress again that anyone suggesting the dinos cannot hurt XV does not know what they're talking about. They can if they notice them, and to keep things fair I selected the Xvehicles that they tend to notice most.

Usual Suspects:
.u - /system
.umx - /music
.unr - /maps
.utx - /textures

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ds0hkegjdpi3v9o/MH-XV-MHA-DinoIsland.zip

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022, 04:28

MH-XV-B99-MinasTirith
This was initiated at the resquest of -POTS- who's been following the recent releases of maps for XV with great interest.
While he did request this map, I went looking for other versions as well. This version, as it says in the selection window, was built from scratch by the mapper Bulldozer, who said he based his design on a previous version by Sai; that version is on UnrealArchive but I haven't checked it out yet.

I replaced non-standard UT weapons with standard equivalents, replaced an instagib with a redeemer, changed up the monsters to lessen monster on monster deaths, changed Behemoth projectiles to something that can't kill Titans (which I indirectly learned of via SilverSound), and as this seems absolutely necessary with any XV map that has a boss monster...
...gave the Boss projectiles from one of the XV on the map!

Had a little fun with the in-game messages too. Maybe too much fun.

As to what of XV is here...
...due to having access to the base, I went with jeeps and 2 of one of the smaller tanks; it's possible the larger tanks would've worked but this map is both large and small in certain respects and I felt the larger ones took up too much room.

Plus, wasn't positive the larger ones could drive through narrow passages.

There's 1 helicopter as well.

A glitch on the map I toyed with consulting someone else to see if they could fix, I ultimately passed on. The main gate to the castle will open before the Titans that need to be killed to open it if any player or bot gets close to it, but the CreatureFactories in the castle don't activate until the aforementioned Titans are dead. If they're not activated, the things that need to be done to access the exit don't start up... so that didn't seem to be absolutely necessary.

Map originally had a PlayerBot on it, which I tried to reconfigure using ZenCoder's method, but while that works well in Deathmatch & CTF... not so much MonsterHunt. Hence, I removed it.

Usual Suspects:
.u - /system
.umx - /music
.unr - /maps
.png - Pwetty!

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/p5s2q0rrq67l8in/MH-XV-B99-MinasTirith.zip

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 08 May 2022, 09:23

CTF-XV-BattleGrounds
SLV designed maps involve a lot of open space, even when that openness isn't so open...
This is a large base with two main levels and bridges in-between. There's plents of room for RX but not the XV-helis as they're a bit bulkier, so I made do with suitable replacements.

Even though bots have a tendency to drive over ledges and over the side of bridges, for the most part they don't do that so much here... at least if there's a flag in play; just driving around they still plunge into the lava.

Map has mostly jeeps, 2 to each team, and 1 of the medium sized tanks in the center upstairs for whoever can get to it first.

As to replacements for the heli...
...I placed SLV & RX on the map, including Rosebum's flying saucer.

Just because I'm a crappy pilot that doesn't mean I don't think of you lot that can fly better!

Usual Suspects:
.u - /system
.umx - /music
.unr - /maps
.utx - /textures
.png - Pwetty!

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/eeox5m7gxp8hjo3/CTF-XV-BattleGrounds.zip

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 09 May 2022, 19:38

CTF-UTDM-Morbias
Found this map a long time ago, as I was looking for all variants of the original, and kept it long enough that I thought it needed fixing. Whoever converted it to CTF hadn't altered the bot pathing, so when bots got the flag they never took it back to their own base to tag it up.

Had Nelsona re-path the map to fix that.

This is pretty much an all rockets type map:
· Players have the UT Rocket Launcher
· Warlord (UTDMW) has the Warlord Rockets
· Skaarj (UTDMS) has Unreal1 Rockets

Originally only put a Warlord on the map but at the last minute I decided to add a Skaarj... as I periodically run bot matches to watch while I'm eating or something, and those added elements make the game last longer. This isn't a very large map, and on their own even competing teams against each other games tend to end pretty quick.

Players are trying to win the game, while Green Meanie (Skaarj) & Lord Gold (Warlord) are competing against each other to see who can get the most kills.

Usual Suspects:
.u - /system
.unr - /maps
.png - Pwetty

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ksrispanto8ekpg/CTF-UTDM-Morbias.zip

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 10 May 2022, 08:59

Proxy Bot skin
A very long time ago, back when UTskins was still a site, there was released a skin called the ProxyMan... or possibly ProxyKing. The face looked great, but the rest of it was a generic texture with no skin colors and no detail.

So I kept the head and waited until I found a good body to put it on... and when that never happened, I re-tooled the War Machine skin.

Had all sorts of ideas for team colors, but ultimately I went the lazy route and stole the pants off the Marine skin...
...which doesn't look all that bad.

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/vih4twdnqbswtnb/Soldier_Proxybot.zip

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 25 May 2022, 07:22

DM-XV-Chicago
After the last MonsterHunt map I edited for XV, I both reached out to BuLLdozeR to get his permission to edit his maps and checked out more of them; he gave me permission to edit any I wanted. He's got a lot of great maps, some with unique customized aspects, and there's a lot to work with there.

This map is a medium-large sized deal, set in the streets of Chicago. Details were vague, he's not a big fan of making ReadMe files (only found his email listed under LeverlInfo) but he's made at least 3 versions of this map.
Most of it is as you see, city streets with a lot of open space... but he clearly designed the map with snipers in mind as there's more than one level, and on the 2nd floor there's a wide range of sniper weapons (not all of them rifles) and other types of stuff. That was partially a lot of the appeal for my choosing this map, as many of those weapons are very powerful and actually can make it so players can fight against Xvehicles on an equal playing field...
...even if some of them do look a little weird.

Originally I intended to release this map after Easter Weekend, but then I had my 2 little trips to the Emergency Room, plus recovery time (KIDNEY STONES SUCK!) which caused some significant delays. When I was recovered enough I gave the map another look over, which is a good thing as I missed some stuff. See, there's a 3rd floor but apparently BuLLdozeR was distracted when he released the map as there was no way to get up to it. It's filled with teleports that lead back to street level... but there were no teleports that took players up there. Also found a few hidden rooms on the ground level that had redeemers, but the same access problem.

Nelsona assessed and upgraded the pathing on the map, as well as reconnecting the teleports and adding extra teleports to gain access to the not-accessible areas.
This map is ideal for snipers and non-snipers, there's plenty of sniper perches all over and though I'm not really a sniper myself, I prefer playing this map running around with the weapons (which I replaced all the standard UT weapons at ground level with) over getting in the Xvehicles.

Usual Suspects:
.u - /system
.umx - /music
.unr - /maps
.png - pretty pics

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/s08frkdnqm015zn/DM-XV-Chicago.zip

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022, 19:14

DM-UTDMT-BunnyRabbitStew
I missed out on ever chatting up SalleyDeth, she was before my time... in that I was playing UT since it 1st came out but I didn't discover forums until 2011. I haven't seen all of her maps, but I've seen a few.

This one is my favorite.
Some obvious changes, I re-skinned Henry. Felt he deserved some slightly better clothes so I gave him a Hawaiian shirt and some actual denim.

Beyond that, the original map lacked any pathing. As someone that plays with bots pretty much all the time, that couldn't be left as is... got Nelsona to fix that up.

I also removed Henry's ability to throw boulders. Yes, I know he never had that ability but I had to do it over when I replaced Henry...
...with an Unreal Tournament Deathmatch Titan.

As a UTDMT, Henry now has the potential to win the game and the boulders gave him too much of a bowling edge. Plus, Henry can respawn now when killed.

To keep things somewhat fair, I added a redeemer to the map.

Usual Suspects:
.u - /system
.uax - /sounds
.umx - /music
.unr - /maps
.utx - /textures

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/p6qhpjpo375uukk/DM-UTDMT-BunnyRabbitStew.zip

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022, 07:12

MH-XV-Gauntlet-GardenOfDeath
Gauntlet is a mod that involves portals and monsters attacking from all over, which looks amazing... though admittedly I've never played it.

My interest in it was primarily the monsters.

Edited this map with Beta2, didn't know Beta4 is now available · https://gauntletwarriors.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=56

This is the GardenOfDeath map, updated for XV and featuring many of Gauntlet's monsters.
What Gauntlet has are monsters of customized established types and some that are completely original...
...but most importantly they're powerful enough to fight what XV offers on a fairly even level.

I've another version of this map with no XV, which is understandably much harder to beat with only standard weapons.

Most of XV is on this map with the exceptions of helicopters, fixgun, and the lighter colored jeep.
Say what you will, this is not going to be boring.

Usual Suspects:
.u - /system
.uax - /sounds
.unr - /maps
.utx - /textures
.png - Pwetty!

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/g4knt58lem4f0pf/MH-XV-Gauntlet-GardenOfDeath.zip

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022, 10:33

CTF-UTDM-Eagles4
This is one of those maps I've made multiple edits of, but unless I find another variant of UTDM-monster this will probably be the last of them.

An edit of the CTF-Eagles map, with bases that're not symmetrical at all, this has a fairly even mix. Red Base has 1 UTDM-Titan and Blue Base has 1 UTDM-Warlord...
...and both bases have 2 UTDM-Skaarj.

I swapped out the redeemers on the map with the Ridiculous Deemer, to keep things interesting.

Also have an alternative reason for this edit. I haven't gotten the new patch for UT as I've been told it isn't compatible with UTDM-monsters · https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14875 · so I'm gonna send a link for this to those that're working on that patch so they can evaluate and see if they can fix the issue.

Would've gotten on this earlier, but it's been a wonky few months for me.

Usual Suspects:
.u - /system
.unr - /maps
.png - Pwetty!

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2q11kmy2j6ofcqr/CTF-UTDM-Eagles4.zip

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022, 03:55

DM-XV-[NES]EbonhelmV3
This is an edit of NiC's DM-[NES]EbonhelmV3, which you can get here · https://svteam.forumotion.com/t57-new-dm-nesebonhelm

I did weapon swaps and had Nelsona add bot pathing.

All of NiC's maps are HUGE and amazing looking, this one isn't a giant-size (little people killing each other around ginormous furniture) map but it's an amazingly detailed number of "city" blocks in a medieval town. It was due to this my initial instinct was to swap out the sniper rifles with crossbows (recently got a standalone version of the crossbow from ChaosUT) but that wouldn't work so well against Xvehicles...
...although I may make another edit without XV so I can get some crossbow action.

Battle takes place on all levels, it's not limited to the streets below...
...and there's a helicopter up on the roofs in a not too easy but not impossible location to access.

Recent edit I did of DM-XV-Chicago introduced me to a lot of sniper type weapons that can destroy XV much easier than standard UT hardware.
I chose the RozzRifle for this. Fires an explosive round, has great range, and can take out a jeep in approximately 6 shots.

Usual Suspects:
.u - /system
.uax - /sounds
.umx - /music
.unr - /maps
.utx - /textures
.png - Pwetty!

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2y4zfnekvxuow4q/DM-XV-NES-EbonhelmV3.zip

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022, 10:01

CTFM-XV-Wilderness
I was already having this map updated with pathing (Nelsona) & a better skybox (Anubitek) for an XV edit when Buggie added turrets to the XV package, which seemed ideal considering how this map was originally setup.

What we have here is a fairly massive map with simplified elements, with 4 not at all symmetrical bases. Layouts of each team's respective territory is different as well, and there's some neutral elements too.
Originally intended for Infiltration, I replaced some of the machine-gun placements with turrets. There were 9 of those, but having 2 turrets to each base effectively makes it not approachable at all, so each team has 1 turret and 1 helicopter.

I replaced the 9th with a UTDMS (Bob) just for the ever popular random element.

There's some distortion BSP issues near the Blue Turret...
...but no BSP holes so it's just gonna look a little funky around there for a bit when you're passing through.

Originally I had the smaller of the tanks on the map, but as I tend to play primarily with bots I noticed some issues there. Both in that the tanks kept getting hung up on the trees and bots in tanks kept trying to get on the turrets anyway, which caused them to explode. Briefly tried removing all of the trees, but no matter how many builds I did after that it caused far more BSP issues over a much larger area... so I opted to not go there.

If anyone can find a way around that, this map would be excellent for Team Deathmatch with tanks.

Might even try that edit myself, later.

Usual Suspects:
.u - /system
.umx - /music
.unr - /maps
.utx - /textures
.png - Pwetty
.txt - original mapper's ReadMe

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/uw01d8f7spxpg6y/CTFM-XV-Wilderness.zip

If you don't have any of the CTF4 gametypes...
https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/169182.html
...you can get them there.

Previous Next