Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

[u227i/j] The Descent Release Thread

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

AndriHK96
Pupae Pupae

Subject: Re: [u227i/j] The Descent Release Thread

Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022, 22:52

Good. Then I try to replace this file too. I have to do some tests and see what comes out with both this version and 3.5. Anyway thanks :tup:

AndriHK96
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 04 Jan 2022, 22:10

Hi guys. I want to inform you that I finally solved the problem with "DecayedS" following Yrex's advice and now the campaign works! With version 2.5 it starts without problems :tup: . I simply replaced the single file. However, I want to congratulate the authors of the maps. They are really well done and quite articulated. The second map is somewhat reminiscent of James Cameron's "Aliens" for the setting :D . And there are also a lot of innovative elements like landscape lighting effects and new torch particle effects, which I peeked at. As in the future Unreal Redux, which I look forward to with trepidation. Of course, giant steps have been taken now with patch 227!

AndriHK96
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022, 18:02

Hello guys. I finally had time and I finished the campaign. It is really well done :tup: . Its setting is maintained between fantasy/dark fantasy in the first half, the classic atmosphere of Unreal, and then also some elements of surrealism and splatter/psychological horror appear in the second half, with a design development and a programming of events truly convincing and satisfying. I was very impressed by the level of Yrex,
► Show Spoiler
it kept me in tension the whole time. In my opinion it can be rated on par with or better than another famous campaign in Unreal's history, "The Tower of Shrakith'a". At the same time, however, I also want to report a bug that I found in the last level,
► Show Spoiler
The package I have is the one downloaded from http://www.moddb.com. However, excluding this, the result is truly excellent. I hope another campaign of this quality will arrive soon.

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 27 Aug 2022, 16:12

The Descent 1.1 is released! With 227j support and many other tweaks and fixes: https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-descent- ... escent-v11

Edit: I see the OP is already changed.
Formerly Mman

User avatar Aspide
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 02 Sep 2022, 21:41

I finished playing the 1.1 version and it was great, many things were improved and I didn't found any issues except for one, I was playing the final map and for some reason the voice sound effects and the credits didn't work, I'm not sure if that happened because I loaded a save file in that map or something else. Thanks to everyone involved for this great sp campaign \o/
Somewhere in Nevada...

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022, 03:19

Since I was mostly the only one testing the last couple of 1.1 betas it's nice to have it confirmed that there don't seem to be any immediately major issues at least. For the sound issues were you playing in 227i or j? At least for me, custom sounds randomly breaking (at least in OpenAL) is pretty regular in i, but if it was in j then it must be something else (the final map has some other weird stuff with things like text punctuation not showing, so I guess it might be related to that). Also were the credits images still visible for a little bit despite the visual issues? A full fix wasn't found but if they don't show at all then that's something else...
Formerly Mman

User avatar Aspide
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022, 19:32

I'm playing in 227i, the first time I played the final map the voice sound effects of the Nali child and the machine never played, also the credits didn't work because the textures appeared white (like there was some kind of fog), the textures only became visible when they were fading away. I thing it has something to do with the fact that I saved the game in that map because I replayed the map without saving and loading and it work perfectly. Weird :D
Somewhere in Nevada...

Previous