UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

Codename: Alys - Postal 2 Project Development Diary

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

RRRikia
Pupae Pupae

Subject: Codename: Alys - Postal 2 Project Development Diary

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021, 22:18

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
!!!FOR UNREAL 227J!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors:
Mod conception - Rikia
Coding help - SteadZ

Genres:
- Multiplayer

Description:
As first, I decided to create and publish first project package as a multiplayer map. It was made for getting the more experience in mapping and it is related to the lore I'm creating.

Demo video: [LINK HIDDEN UNTIL SPECIFIC FIX]
Download: [LINK HIDDEN UNTIL SPECIFIC FIX]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DATA000 description:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author of the text - RRRikia

[ENG]
6th of March, 3001, The Proximus Gamma - IV System, Planet Gena, Vector - III City, Headquarters of Millerist Tech Inspection

One of MTI headquarters. Operating on corporative space(territories), this organization is one of the FCM(Foundation Centre of Millerism) powers as well as the ideology that lies deeply in people consciousness.

The main zones of the headquerters building:

- Intelligence tower with the techradar
- Communication antennas with building maintenance(transformers, vent-machines)
- Helipad with roof warehouses
- Communication centre
- Warehouse of confiscated equipment
- Communications of the operational-duty department
-----------------------------------------------
- Administrative premises
- Communications of armed department
- Research facilities
- AI department

Intelligence tower is used for scanning the equipment on surrounding area, with the power of techradar controlled by specific AI. This AI provides a supersonic scanning. The department with AI block is located far below the part of operational-duty department communications. The scanning can detect equipment with the different levels of danger:
- Low level of danger. Communicators with personal data of users that most closely located to the suspicious object, help MTI to put these users in their blacklist. Then MTI operatives deal with them in turn.
- Medium level of danger. A group of armed operatives is immediately sent to the territory of a suspicious object.
- High level of danger. Raising the alarm. Actuation of all operational forces. Reporting to all headquarters.

The blacklist of illegal equipment and tech can also include units with the potential of harm to the Millerism Foundation. The legal equipment and tech usually includes the Millerism brands that help the techradars and other scan devices to ignore these units. Carriers of illegal equipment, such as illegals and criminals can hide their equipment from scanning with techcovers.

The research facilities of this headquarters building are only used for the light researches. For the heavy researches there are used specific isolated facilities.

There are two types of techcovers:
- Fiber
- Emitters that generate interferences for scanning

Techcover is developed by MTI and corporative intelligence for operating on imperial territories, where rules the Tsunodaism. Illegals and criminals can use imperial variants of techcovers.
Last edited by RRRikia on 14 Apr 2022, 16:49, edited 4 times in total.

RRRikia
Pupae Pupae

Subject: Re: Codename: Alys - Postal 2 Project Development Diary

Post Posted: 06 Mar 2022, 13:30

I got permission to continue my diary here, big thanks to UnrealSP moderators.

Since October, I decided to change my project base to Postal 2 which is powered by UE2. The reason was that I couldn't keep do things without spiritual happiness that was asking me about more advanced physics. So the importing gone pretty satysfying. I gone deeper into coding to make new classes, but anyway something wasn't clear for me and a guy experienced in Postal 2 coding who is called Man Chrzan put a pretty big foundation into our collaboration. We managed to create more solid mechanics for FPS-based mod on Postal 2 base. I'm not shy to show this key result that is in testing video:
[LINK HIDDEN UNTIL SPECIFIC FIX]

Yet I stopped with Postal 2 until summer holidays, because of my education needs that I can't harmonize with such serious deal for me. And at start of February, I got super-bored and decided to create something for U1 on free time periods. Walking on the street at afternoon, I got much of inspiration from sunlight on buildings and then decided to gift Unreal community with this DM map on 227j:
[LINK HIDDEN UNTIL SPECIFIC FIX]

Here's some lore of it:

"Vector-III outskirts - the wildest places of city and got even more wild during the Gena civil war. There lives chaos made by criminality, illegal business and some aftermaths of rebel deversions on city. Your location now is in industrial district that seems to be calm, but if you go deeper - you'll change your view. There's located an old chemical plant that was built 50 years ago for refining Magentis into fuel. But near 30 years ago a demographical crisis made government to manage changing it's user to the agricultular labor union, and the fuel plant was retooled to produce fertilizers. You guessing that it did not help the situation, so in the result, an unknown time ago 24K syndicate got it from Eagle corporation and the plant was retooled to produce explosive substances for their arms market. Even if this damn place seems still calm, you shouldn't be there for long, or you can suddenly face a street scum needs or gangs fights. The police sirens you hear somewhere near can clearly hint you on this."

It's still an important work for the project, because I developed more content and concept visuals in it.