This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Unreal 1 -KARPATHIAN KASTEL- An original map rework from 1995 -Unreal GOLD 227-

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

watcher_of_the_skies
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Unreal 1 -KARPATHIAN KASTEL- An original map rework from 1995 -Unreal GOLD 227-

Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019, 12:34

The story in short:
...During Unreal's developement, Epic cut a ton of stuff
from the game and I am ready to bring
some of them back...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
KARPATHIAN KASTEL
Developer: makemeunreal
Platform: Unreal GOLD 227i !!!ONLY!!! No UT compatibility in plans.
Synopsis: It's a bit hard to define the map's synopsis as it is just one of the alpha levels I plan to recreate. Didn't really think about any real story so far. One thing I am sure about is that these maps will be a lot more colorful than the final's, and will be populated by the already-unearthed-and-coded alpha pawns.
With almost no information about the weapons, items they planned back in 1995, I'm going to make them by myself in a style I feel fitting.
About Unreal's alpha version (1995): https://tcrf.net/Proto:Unreal
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to manually recreate every single texture from the old screenshots as the final game had none of them. They didn't make the cut. You can see some of textures on this shot, as well as the custom alpha-like HUD I made, and the Mana pickups for your first weapon which is the iconic "eyeball stuff" from the leaked tech demo.
The rune on the chair is the pickup mesh of the said weapon.

Expect some relatively good looking new pickups.

Have fun people of Unreal:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofsjmi34kq4t9 ... l.rar?dl=1
Last edited by watcher_of_the_skies on 03 Sep 2019, 20:25, edited 25 times in total.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: Unreal 1 -KARPATHIAN KASTEL- An original map rework from 1995

Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019, 14:14

Third map is not new, it's the skytown church at its earliest.
ImageImage

watcher_of_the_skies
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019, 17:57

Yea Leo has already pointed it out and I know. Didn't have enough time to make a proper edit. Thanks tho!

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019, 11:40

What's the point of this topic really. I see no information as to who is developing (surely it's not Leo alone) nor anything about a timeframe, not even a link to the original page or topic/website. IN fact I can't even make out whether there is an intention to release.
Also the layout of this post (and other posts by watcher) is a pain to the eye. It contains layoutcodes which probably work on the webpage it was originally written for but here it cause a lot of indent and useless text (in this post it's actually not that disturbing but in a couple of other posts it really messes up the page).

Don't get me wrong on this. I really appreciate watcher's efforts but some consideration for tired eyes can normally be expected.

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019, 17:57

salsaSkaarj wrote:What's the point of this topic really. I see no information as to who is developing (surely it's not Leo alone) nor anything about a timeframe, not even a link to the original page or topic/website. IN fact I can't even make out whether there is an intention to release.
Also the layout of this post (and other posts by watcher) is a pain to the eye. It contains layoutcodes which probably work on the webpage it was originally written for but here it cause a lot of indent and useless text (in this post it's actually not that disturbing but in a couple of other posts it really messes up the page).

Don't get me wrong on this. I really appreciate watcher's efforts but some consideration for tired eyes can normally be expected.
I fully agree.

watcher_of_the_skies
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019, 11:26

Last edited by watcher_of_the_skies on 14 May 2019, 10:41, edited 3 times in total.

watcher_of_the_skies
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 06 May 2019, 13:22

Last edited by watcher_of_the_skies on 14 May 2019, 10:42, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 07 May 2019, 18:14

Hi MMU,

this thread format makes no sense like this. It's incredibly TL;DR. May I make some suggestions?

• Use the [sshot] tag to highlight a select few nice screenshots.
  • Put the rest in an album on http://www.imgur.com and link directly to that album.
  • Enjoy a much cleaner thread!

Otherwise, I doubt anybody is going to read much of this. Your thread is also incredibly bandwidth-taxing on mobile!
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 08 May 2019, 21:10

watcher_of_the_skies wrote:Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque feugiat mauris vitae finibus mollis. Nulla elit ligula, ultricies eget turpis ac, congue pellentesque sapien. Curabitur sed lacus egestas, tempor magna a, efficitur dolor. Aliquam lacinia vel erat convallis gravida. Duis fermentum at purus a aliquet. Nulla nibh elit, bibendum in nisl pharetra, consequat tincidunt massa. In sed eros nec magna elementum placerat. Fusce nisi sapien, sodales vel fermentum id, mollis sit amet elit. Praesent malesuada ullamcorper blandit. Sed cursus eget eros tempus blandit. Fusce posuere condimentum molestie. Curabitur nunc quam, venenatis aliquet dictum eu, vulputate ac enim. Duis ultricies non lectus et interdum.

Nam convallis at mi at accumsan. Pellentesque viverra at erat vel tincidunt. Curabitur lorem tellus, porta non ex ac, sodales sagittis libero. Morbi eget elit sodales, finibus eros at, auctor elit. Vivamus id consequat est, sed tempus neque. Phasellus tincidunt ullamcorper augue, rutrum faucibus magna. Mauris sodales, dolor eu ornare malesuada, quam lectus faucibus nisi, eget fringilla lacus arcu et mauris. Morbi sit amet mi est. Donec venenatis lectus nec est aliquet dapibus. Nam eu purus eget elit bibendum ullamcorper. Nam nec lobortis erat. Pellentesque id arcu nec libero ornare semper at sed velit. Phasellus maximus ultrices massa id dignissim. Nam ac fermentum ligula. Nullam sollicitudin laoreet fringilla.
WHY is this posted in Latin?.. will it be posted in English also?..

NaPaliShore
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 09 May 2019, 03:31

radios wrote:WHY is this posted in Latin?.. will it be posted in English also?..

See this page: https://loremipsum.io/

watcher_of_the_skies
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 13 May 2019, 13:08

Well, let me make the format of this thread a bit more friendly.
Let me know if you guys like the new format more.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 14 May 2019, 09:49

watcher_of_the_skies wrote:Well, let me make the format of this thread a bit more friendly.
Let me know if you guys like the new format more.

Much, much better, and it now contains the essential information + link to the background information page. :tup:

watcher_of_the_skies
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: Unreal 1 -KARPATHIAN KASTEL- An original map rework from 1995 -Unreal GOLD 227-

Post Posted: 14 May 2019, 10:41

I could sum it up eve more by saying that this is a reimagination of what unreal could have been if they release it in 1995.
I've had a few good quality screenshots of this level.
I remade all the textures in Photoshop, rebuilt the level using the screenshots as a base and then made custom pickups to match the theme.

I plan to remake all the alpha maps into one campaign.
This map is the first in the line.
It's about 50% ready. The brushwork is ready, the pickups are ready, the textures are ready. Now comes the gameplay.
Bonus screenie:

A new ammo pickup then a new weapon pickup and the Bugman.

watcher_of_the_skies
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: Unreal 1 -KARPATHIAN KASTEL- An original map rework from 1995 -Unreal GOLD 227-

Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019, 20:23

User avatar UberPwnr
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019, 20:53

very nice work, Its quite refreshing to see some new Unreal98 content. Are you working on any of your other maps/mappacks atm??

Next