UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

[UT] Χέοψ DORADO -Final Ver-

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [UT] Χέοψ DORADO -Final Ver-

Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019, 14:14

I suppose you started working on this before the later patches, is this with UTSDK? But yeah for how utterly amazing those shots look like I have no idea how it'll ever work considering the engine already struggles with how the map is already (it's due to the lighting).

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019, 17:50

I sorted it out and it looks just incredible
Turns out HD skins was conflicting with the game and it was running out of memory.

As I said, it's a reshade injector mod. Works for both OpenGL and D3D9+ no matter the game.
It uses whatever leftover GPU power you have. My GTX 1060 jumps from 5% usage to 21% when using it.
M'nali

User avatar StalwartUK
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019, 03:12

Diego96 wrote:Turns out HD skins was conflicting with the game and it was running out of memory.

This might be the problem (from the Unreal HD readme):

Lightning Hunter wrote:If the game crashes with a "ran out of virtual memory" error in UT99 (the same solution might also work for 227):
Make sure CacheSizeMegs isn't set too high! To check it, open UnrealTournament.ini in the \System folder using notepad, and search for "CacheSizeMegs" under Engine.GameEngine. I personally have it set to 8. Setting it higher than this doesn't actually do any good. In fact, it steals memory that could be used for other important things, like loading textures.

Before I did the game crashed on me multiple times on this level. Once I did the above it didn't happen again.
StalwartUK

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019, 04:09

StalwartUK wrote:Before I did the game crashed on me multiple times on this level. Once I did the above it didn't happen again.

I did try a bunch of times with it set to 4, 6, 32, 256, 512 and it crashed every time (the last two with the virtual memory error).

My secondary PC can run Xeops no problem with HD skins but without reshade and volumetric lighting, all at 1366x768 no AA. I guess it depends on how much memory is used by resolution+mods+antialiasing+etc before the engine simply shorts out.

Anyways, the preset is still not 100% done so I'll keep updating until then.
M'nali

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019, 20:32

AH I'm assuming you're talking about ReShade? But yeah, feel free to post more screenshots. How's the framerate?

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019, 00:41

UBerserker wrote:AH I'm assuming you're talking about ReShade? But yeah, feel free to post more screenshots. How's the framerate?

I would assume that a GTX 1050 and probably a GT 1030 might run this pretty well. There's one big problem, though.
My injected FXAA (upper picture) looks TERRIBLE and I have to find another way to add antialiasing without using the patched one (lower picture), as seen in my post from yesterday: viewtopic.php?p=76518#p76518

Shouldn't have trusted postprocessing.
M'nali

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019, 01:13

Hey guys, I know this issue came up a month ago - but I am going to release a version 2 of the HD Skins pack soonish that fixes the memory crash issue. As it turns out, the skins were using an astonishing amount of memory due to them being imported with "MipMaps" enabled. All I did was re-import all the 4096x4096 skins and most of the 2048x2048 skins with MipMaps disabled, and now the crash almost never happens unless you turn CacheSizeMegs above something crazy like 512 and load a map with every single HD skin in it (which I have done for testing purposes). Also, the HD skin pack is now like 5x faster. I no longer get any slight hitches when walking into a room full of monsters and decos.
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019, 18:44

Lightning Hunter wrote:Hey guys, I know this issue came up a month ago - but I am going to release a version 2 of the HD Skins pack soonish that fixes the memory crash issue. As it turns out, the skins were using an astonishing amount of memory due to them being imported with "MipMaps" enabled. All I did was re-import all the 4096x4096 skins and most of the 2048x2048 skins with MipMaps disabled, and now the crash almost never happens unless you turn CacheSizeMegs above something crazy like 512 and load a map with every single HD skin in it (which I have done for testing purposes). Also, the HD skin pack is now like 5x faster. I no longer get any slight hitches when walking into a room full of monsters and decos.

Welcome back brother :D

I'll make sure to check for news on your pack. Hopefully it also speeds up loading times in the process.
M'nali

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019, 20:31

Holy hell, it's been a while since the last post here! Will definitely bump up this thread in case people might have overlooked this golden grail before anything happens to the forums, whatever will happen.

Pretty sure the RESHADE mod here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4556 should look absolutely fire in this.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021, 11:45

Well Unreal mapping is a bit more active nowadays. Maybe is it about time I cook up something new for the story? We'll see! :)

Small note: I have no intentions to update Xeops ever again, unless if it is for compatibility issues concerning EXU or future use of Xeops' own packages. No idea if it works for 469, also.
ImageImage

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021, 18:34

Pretty sure the EXU renderer itself has reported conflicts. Dunno if this is being looked at.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021, 18:54

Mister_Prophet wrote:Pretty sure the EXU renderer itself has reported conflicts. Dunno if this is being looked at.

It should be the mod itself since Buff encountered issues with XOpenGL too, that said this was a long time ago and the new 469 version might have EXU's codebase working normally.
ImageImage

Previous