This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

[UT] Χέοψ DORADO -Final Ver-

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: [UT] Χέοψ ~Cheope~ OUT

Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018, 20:20

UBerserker wrote:-What is RaceGame? Might not matter but it's bizzarre how it interferes with the game when it shouldn't.
-Are you loading Xeops throughout the oldskool menu?
-Why are you using a UPak character? Switch immediately to a regular Unreal or UT one.
-What's your OS?

If you are really super unlucky to be the only person who can't run RMusic for one reason or another (this could be either OS-related or your UT installation being screwed) then I may make a no-music version of the level.
I never heard of RaceGame, yes, I'm loading Xeops through the oldskool menu, I just switched to a regular UT character, My OS is windows 7 Ultra. I wish I could attach the screenshot, but this forum don't ask me to select the file and folder to do that, so I'll forget that part, Thanks for trying though.. I forgot to mention, this is the first time I installed a map pack with.MP3 music, it was always .UMX music, but these .MP3 files play by themselves,(by going to the UT music folder and clicking on them) just not in game.. maybe it's a "you need windows 10" thing, but I'm NEVER going to switch to that, unless the source code is released, and all of the nonsense they have in there is removed by someone..
Last edited by radios on 11 Mar 2018, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018, 21:04

You can use imgur to upload pictures and then link them here.
Anyway your issue is off the mark (the only time this was ever mentioned was for an old version of RMusic and it was an online-only bug) and I can't do anything about it. Maybe after I release the next patch I'll work on an non-music version.

On great news otherwise! New update is being tested. It got a tad easier but the fun department definitely got buffed.

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018, 21:09

Radios, did you download and place the two missing files as well?
Formerly Mman

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018, 03:29

Semfry wrote:Radios, did you download and place the two missing files as well?
YEP!.. maybe because I'm running win 7 ultimate?. maybe win 10 is needed for this?. I've never had a map pack use .MP3 files before, they were always .UMX

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018, 08:11

This will be my last reply on this mp3 matter here.

radios wrote:
YEP!.. maybe because I'm running win 7 ultimate?. maybe win 10 is needed for this?. I've never had a map pack use .MP3 files before, they were always .UMX

Any version of Windows 7 works, probably XP too.

EXU2's BI and G59 have used RMusic_Player with MP3 files (still a decent format today; RMusic can support lossless files such as wav and flac but they take a lot of space) for like eight/nine years now and I've never seen a person having the same issue as yours, except one but was for a purely server related thing that got fixed.
The Unreal SP community has sadly never moved to better music formats due to either lazyness to deal with new tech or because it was not informed of its existence. Unreal 227 has an incorporated player for many audio formats I believe but then not many things have come out lately so it has to be expected UMX is still around.
UMX format is absurdly obsolete and makes many songs sound like all garbled and mono, which is why a lot of music files in Xenome, as well as Xidia and 7B, sounded bad (jazzy is looking to make the move to MP3 once the full version of his pack is out, thanksfully). Outdated tech needs to disappear for better and improved stuff, no excuses.

See if this version works at least http://turniej.unreal.pl/files/RMusicPlayer_newbeta.zip
What you need to install is inside the System folder, ignore the other two folders.

Yesterday I found out that UT can accept textures up to 1024, so I have to delay and going back retexturing stuff again!

User avatar [UDHQ]Jackrabbit
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018, 21:25

I gave this a shot today on Medium, but ultimately got aggravated with the Quadshot which definitely needs a buff. Still, I like the mixture of classic UTSP and EXU gameplay and await the new version.

If you are having problem with the weapon code, you might consider giving the player an amplifier which recharges between horde fights..

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018, 21:45

[UDHQ]Jackrabbit wrote:I gave this a shot today on Medium, but ultimately got aggravated with the Quadshot which definitely needs a buff. Still, I like the mixture of classic UTSP and EXU gameplay and await the new version.

Look forward to the update when it's out - the weapon balance got dramatically changed (with buffs to the enemies to make up for it), it has become its own sort of gameplay style for the most part and holy fuck it makes the original version so damn worthless in comparison.
I don't want to reveal the changes already but I can say the Quadshot's general damage is beyond doubled (which comes at a cost of ammo quantity for balance purposes). The Quadshot also deals extra damage to the Fighter Drones - this comes better into play in the new version of the level, and I'm going to make the weakness hit effects for that much more visible so the player understands that the Quadshot is good against that specific unit (I'll be also listing a bunch of extremely basic tips).
That is other than a bunch of outside improvements regarding other categories.

I'm also testing the possibility of having faster weapon switch. I'm not sure if that simply works by having faster select/deselect animations for each weapon. For Unreal it might be quite a drastic change of gameplay design but I was very impressed how the last DOOM game did it and I wondered how it could work there. Worth trying the idea out.

The update might still be far off, or close, depending on how fast I get shit done. Every time I test I find out garbage to take care off or to change entirely.

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018, 07:51

UBerserker wrote:This will be my last reply on this mp3 matter here.

radios wrote:

Any version of Windows 7 works, probably XP too.

EXU2's BI and G59 have used RMusic_Player with MP3 files (still a decent format today; RMusic can support lossless files such as wav and flac but they take a lot of space) for like eight/nine years now and I've never seen a person having the same issue as yours, except one but was for a purely server related thing that got fixed.
The Unreal SP community has sadly never moved to better music formats due to either lazyness to deal with new tech or because it was not informed of its existence. Unreal 227 has an incorporated player for many audio formats I believe but then not many things have come out lately so it has to be expected UMX is still around.
UMX format is absurdly obsolete and makes many songs sound like all garbled and mono, which is why a lot of music files in Xenome, as well as Xidia and 7B, sounded bad (jazzy is looking to make the move to MP3 once the full version of his pack is out, thanksfully). Outdated tech needs to disappear for better and improved stuff, no excuses.

See if this version works at least http://turniej.unreal.pl/files/RMusicPlayer_newbeta.zip
What you need to install is inside the System folder, ignore the other two folders.

Yesterday I found out that UT can accept textures up to 1024, so I have to delay and going back retexturing stuff again!
well, that fixed it, thanks.. it runs now..

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018, 09:23

radios wrote: well, that fixed it, thanks.. it runs now..

Awesome! Looks like Waff is actually distributing an old version of RMusic after all, I'll ask him to rectify this.

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018, 17:55

UBerserker wrote:

Awesome! Looks like Waff is actually distributing an old version of RMusic after all, I'll ask him to rectify this.
how do I control the Music volume separately though, it's so loud compared to the sound effects, I really can't hear them. and the normal UT control for the sound don't have an effect..

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018, 18:33

radios wrote:
UBerserker wrote:

how do I control the Music volume separately though, it's so loud compared to the sound effects, I really can't hear them. and the normal UT control for the sound don't have an effect..

Under the Mods menu you should find RMusic Player, you can change volume there. Then restart the game.

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018, 18:27

UBerserker wrote:Awesome! Looks like Waff is actually distributing an old version of RMusic after all, I'll ask him to rectify this.
how do I control the Music volume separately though, it's so loud compared to the sound effects, I really can't hear them. and the normal UT control for the sound don't have an effect..[/quote]

Under the Mods menu you should find RMusic Player, you can change volume there. Then restart the game.[/quote]I didn't think of that.. Thanks, it worked fine.. the new Rmusic player fixed G59 too, although that pack has way too many enemies to be enjoyable..

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018, 02:01

radios wrote:I didn't think of that.. Thanks, it worked fine.. the new Rmusic player fixed G59 too, although that pack has way too many enemies to be enjoyable..

I'm more conflicted towards Cheope than G59, at least in the latter you get a fairly powerful and varied arsenal. In some aspects I'd say it's even better than Batshit Insane. Cheope only needs some explosive weapons, that's all.
M'nali

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018, 14:55

radios wrote:although that pack has way too many enemies to be enjoyable..

That's the nature of EXU - you have enormous firepower to kill all the enemies (Easy should be really easy with the enemy damage reductions), and once you get through you have a very unique and high quality experience with level themes and story that you won't find elsewhere in Unreal. However this isn't thread to discuss that stuff.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018, 21:38

So yeah about that door in the catacombs you have to open by hitting the hidden button, there was a problem that if you had to backtrack through the catacombs after taking the pathway on the right and pressing the unlock button of the left pathway, that door would never open. Now I did this: the button unlocks the trigger for that door - so once you hit the button, you go near the door and it opens. The unlock-all buttons will activate that trigger which is set to turn-on (so if it's activated and triggered, it can't be deactivated again). This would be consistent with the door on the right pathway, which is also opened by going near it. Blame the fucking movers not being triggered only once even if there's a setting for it turned to True.

Previous Next