ividyon will never get this done, will he.

[Unreal Gold v227G+] Another Reality

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: [Unreal Gold v227G+] Another Reality

Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017, 11:15

Wow!!
Some interesting situations in the video.

One thing which stunned me - the player in the video is just as bad a shot as I am \o/

User avatar ArchGrey
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017, 10:56

Thanks for feedback, we're truly concerned about all you say and notice ^^
[000] [the constant system failure]

Another Reality DevTeam Member

unreal doom

Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018, 11:58

Greetings, my friends!

Today we're going to present you a sort of a demo-version of a new Another Reality level, "Catacombs". It goes as sixth by number and plays a very important role in the whole story of our campaign. It was actually ment as one of the most remarkable places to visit! So it greatly differs from other levels in our mod and the original Unreal game/RtNP. The most apparent difference is the general lack of enemies.
This feature served as one of the main reasons to show the demo of this level :) 'Cause there's a number of maps with a traditional "shoot&run" gameplay in the playable AR beta, and we've decided not to upload any more of such in public access, giving the overview of the new maps by only sharing visual content, such as screenshots and short movies.
But here in the Catacombs the player can try a different role - to explore, behold, and solve some puzzles (not too many of those though, even less in the demo version).
We wish you good game! And hope you'll find this unusual gameplay format exciting enough, and suitable for Unreal, and of course, hope you find the way to solve the puzzles! ;)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ifgs6 ... m9z-4KvwjL

Feedback is much appreciated!

unreal doom

Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018, 11:45

And of course I should mention where the level ends - it's the pedestal with an open book (shown on the screen shot). So if you haven't seen that place yet - you haven't finished the level.

User avatar GamesHarder
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018, 21:11

Really cool demo map! For me, it was hard sometimes to find out some of the puzzles. :dd I was searching for like 10 minutes. :lol:
And the map's design looks awesome. :tup:
Unreal Alpha & Beta picture collection:
https://mega.nz/folder/elQjRQbC#FoFU4B8rIVl4LQP90-VBIw

"The years go by, but the search never ends"

unreal doom

Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019, 14:47

The castle in ice and The High-Tech class Mercenary ship

Hello, everyone! Hope you still here with us! :)

Alas, it's not that we've been really hurrying to share the news about the two of our new levels - Nali Castle 3 and Cryox2... Sorry , because we should - Cryox2 had been already finished several months ago. You can actually see some screenshots of this level below with the description of each following.

The Mercenary ship called Cryox 2 had been in development for more than four years. To be certain the work had been frozen for a long time (it seems that its name really speaks for itself =) ) . And in the end of the last year it was finished at last.

The level beginning

A way to cryogenic zone

Cryogenic zone. Looks like some industrial object here requires permanent intensive cooling...

Leaving cryogenic zone

A suspiciously quiet place...

On the way to the preliminary analysis sector for the captured subjects

Seems like some of those subjects somehow managed to escape their cells...

The green slime which is found absolutely everywhere on Terraniux, is not so very often seen on this ship. And that fact may motivate a curious hero to explore this area in more detail...

Leaving the preanalysis sector

A sort of reporting point for establishing connection with the remoted parts of the ship

And concerning the icy castle, there's still a lot of work to do. But there are few views of it we can show right now. We wanted to present some look into Nali Castle 3 as well as the Mercs ship, that's why the presentation of Cryox 2 was postponed until we had pics to share.

2. And... the pics are not the most delicious part!
Of course when speaking about Another Reality as a successor of the original Unreal traditions we had an idea of making our own castle level even on early stage of development. So when it came to the question of having our own Flyby intro, the answer just found itself. =)

So, this is the scene of flying around the Nali castle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwa42JleuiY

watcher_of_the_skies
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019, 17:30

These look so sweet. I hope you will be able to finish this project and deliver a great adventure for us to embark on!

unreal doom

Post Posted: 29 May 2020, 11:07

Maps number 6 and 23 are finished.

The last one, 23-Canyon, was actually ready in autumn 2014, but we decided to remake it 4 years ago (which meant deleting the old version). And here it is, the new Canyon is available in 2019.
Screenshot examples:

This May we completed the basic tasks for creating the 6th level, Catacombs - the level one-third of which was available for a little run before last summer, at the 10th AR anniversary.
And here are the Catacombs you can see now :)

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 29 May 2020, 22:44

Looking good! :tup:

unreal doom

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021, 15:08

Only one level has been in development over the past year and it is called Soledad2.

Thematically, this level is a temple of the extinct Nali culture (their religious views were somewhat different from what we can observe among other representatives of this people). In terms of the gameplay, Soledad2 will simultaneously check the players, both for attentiveness (you don't have to wander a lot in search of a way out, but it will definitely be useful to recognize suspicious places with traps in advance), and the ability to emerge victorious from the battle (the variety of enemies and the number of available weapons here high enough).

This level is the 10th in a row in the overall campaign plot.

User avatar Aspide
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2021, 18:32

Looks amazing, I'm happy this project is still going, I'm really looking forward to play this one. Soledad2 looks great judging by the screenshots. The original Soledad map by Cliff Bleszinski is still one of my favorite sp maps (shame that it was cut), so this map has some huge shoes to fill.

Good luck on your project. :D
Somewhere in Nevada...

unreal doom

Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021, 10:20

Thank you!
I will say that when I first played the beta version of Unreal, my favorite maps were Morose, Nexus and Soledad. There was also Cryox, but there was almost no gameplay. In fact, the very decision to create Another Reality appeared as a result of the desire to implement additionally the ideas of the Unreal beta, which I did not find among the fans' creativity at the time of 2006-2008.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021, 12:45

Wow, this is going to be a massive mappack. Unreal is already an "old" game but I still get the shivers seeing the content being produced. (shivers in the sense of pleasant expectations). Screenshots look really good. :tup:

unreal doom

Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021, 13:44

salsaSkaarj wrote:Wow, this is going to be a massive mappack. Unreal is already an "old" game but I still get the shivers seeing the content being produced. (shivers in the sense of pleasant expectations). Screenshots look really good. :tup:
I think Unreal is a game for which you can come up with many more interesting stories. Indeed, in itself, the planet Na Pali is a very remarkable place :)

Previous