UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

[Unreal Gold v227G+] Another Reality

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: [UGOLD v226/227G+ UT v436/451] Another Reality

Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011, 01:32

Welcome guys! Glad to see this finally announced =) \o/
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011, 09:08

i hate 226 g anyone has Unreal Anthology?
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar ArchGrey
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 21 Aug 2011, 16:23

Just to notice: we're staying in touch! =)
Thanks, Shivaxi!
[000] [the constant system failure]

Another Reality DevTeam Member

User avatar ArchGrey

Subject: Another Reality Beta Update

Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011, 11:35

Hi everyone.
We are glad to announce that the link for AR beta-demo (in the fist post) has been updated - AND the demo has been updated as well!
Level 3 'Tarydium Factory' was changed a little, and a new level 'Urhur Abyss' was added. (It goes right after 'Urhur Village Morning' level, which was also a bit upgraded).
Still there can be some bugs or mistakes - and still we're working on it!
Have a good time everyone, and don't forget us! ;)

unreal doom

Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011, 17:24

I'm happy to greet you yet again! We have some good news - the AR Presentational Trailer is ready. That trailer contains fragments and scenes from the AR Beta Demo, and it also shows some scenes from the levels not included in the demo.
Hope you'll enjoy watching it!

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011, 17:28

Wow, it really does look true to the spirit of Unreal. Great job! :tup: :tup:

User avatar Tarydax

Post Posted: 05 Sep 2011, 17:36

This looks great! It really looks like it could have been part of Unreal. Excellent work, guys. :tup:

User avatar ArchGrey

Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011, 06:41

Thanks everyone! =)

User avatar Legendslayer222

Post Posted: 09 Sep 2011, 21:11

Some amazing areas in that trailer. Seems a good amount of work has been done and with a lot of different (and differently themed) levels. :)
Can't wait for this.

unreal doom

Subject: Re: [Unreal Gold v227G+] Another Reality

Post Posted: 04 Jan 2012, 09:16

So, the honor of major winter holidays - Christmas and New Year, our team offers to all of you to take a look on yet another new version of beta-demo of Another Reality.

Beginning in July of this year, we have to warn anyone who cares about MOD, that since that time the beta-demo no longer updated with new maps or major changes in levels which were presented as fragments. Links to archives will be updated. After all, nobody wants, instead of getting ready to play MOD, over and over again to get it in the form of a growing piece of the whole.
On the other side, we decided change the content of demo a little from time to time. Once we even added there another map. But now it's not the case, only minor changes (e. g. removed possibility to leave the first level without Dispersion Pistol, or fixed inability to complete level "Urhur Village," if you accidentally injure yourself with a weapon or kill any Nali).
This time we have three major innovations. From now playing Another Reality is only possible with Unreal Gold 227G or above. Our MOD finally have its own starting menu, for this achievement, I want to thank very much our new participant, first (and hopefully not last) scripter Alien3674. And the latest innovation - now the main character really became a UMS paratrooper, whose heavy armor complicates his ability to float on water, but his battle hardening and years of training, yet allows the hero to maneuver freely and even increase its strength by 10%. And for this important step in the development of our add-on, I also thank very much FACH and Asgard. By the way Asgard is not in our team.

In general, if the above changes could interest you enough to play those same incomplete nine levels again that you may have already played before. In this case, welcome to the first message it the thread, where is the link to download update. By the way first message, as usual, has been updated and ReadMe file inside the archive has been updated too.

unreal doom

Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013, 08:59

Yet again I’d like to greet to all the Unreal devotees. Much time have passed, and now we decided to communicate again. Fortunately, the project’s not in freeze although we have lesser possibilities now, in comparison with 2011 and early 2012.
Nevertheless we’d like to notice that the work continues, the project is still in development, though the progress is quite slow. And we have something new to show… but you’ll have to be patient and wait a bit longer. Honestly, I don’t know when we’ll show our presence here again… Considering the circumstances it may not be soon.
We decided not only to finish the NaliTemple level (which is presented in the public Demo as a fragment) but to make some fix-and-finish work on all the Beta-Demo levels, make those "major repairs" that have been promised earlier.
Of course, the date of projects completion depends on a number of modders (mostly refers to mappers) in our team as well as on their working efficiency. We really feel uncomfortable to tell such things but still we cannot accept any help from non-russian speakers due to the linguistic barrier.
Anyway we need just about five mappers (not too lazy ones =) to have the project successfully completed.

So… Don’t forget us, don’t forget about Another Reality – it is still to be [Un]realized. =)

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013, 14:49

Good luck :tup: And thanks for the info. They'll be people here to play it when you're ready to release it, rest assured. As someone in a similar position (working on a campaign for a many number of years) my only advice is to just trust the game itself for most of the work, you can always add new stuff once you have a functioning vanilla campaign. Based on the material you guys have shown so far it seems like classic Unreal is the goal :o

Doublez-Down
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013, 04:18

Very much looking forward to this. Hope it doesn't take too long to complete!
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

User avatar Kajgue
N-Team Leader N-Team Leader

Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013, 16:52

Unreal vs Doom?

:o ?

Project looks somewhat interesting.
N-Team leader
The Silver Blades clan chief

User avatar TheInvalid

Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013, 03:40

Just played through a bit of the first couple of levels before I go to bed. Definitely has that certain 'Unrealness' about it, which I think we can all get behind :)
Only thing I'd offer by way of crit is that holy wow, the first levels are HUGE. Would be nice to see a bit more incidental detail to break up the huge distances you have to traverse in these maps. Certainly does do a great job of making you feel small though, which I guess was part of the goal. Can't wait to see how this progresses. Best of luck!
"Logic can convince but only emotion can motivate."

Previous Next