Scout-kun is a lie... right?

Project Xenome : First Day

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: Project Xenome : First Day

Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019, 12:46

editor Dave wrote:Since I also have been struggling with getting umod to work in Win 10, I just found this tool: http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=U ... ool%202.0/

It will show the files inside the package just like a zip folder and you can individually unpack them as you please.

The patch is luckily non umod, anyway.

Thanks a lot Dave! Got everything installed and working :D cheers!
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019, 18:35

Sat42 wrote:...

So??? When are your adventures (per map) and videos going to be presented here :wink:

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 17 Oct 2019, 21:33

salsaSkaarj wrote:
Sat42 wrote:...

So??? When are your adventures (per map) and videos going to be presented here :wink:

Haha well after I post my review for another pack, I'll start this ;) looking forward! :D
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 05 Jan 2020, 10:48

A couple of months ago I replayed First Day (second release) on Unreal difficulty.
As usual my primary goal was to get the killcount as high as possible, without reverting to "kill and save". In fact there were only 2 maps where I needed a save. I can't remember which was the first map, but it was a a map where at a certain point I had to jump through a large valve into an area which was impossible to see but the sound clearly suggested the presence of at least 2 Skaarj. Eventually I did find a way to kill 1 Skaarj by blind dropping a couple of rockets and jumping in to kill the second one, while the third was still/or again at the end of the corridor.
The most difficult map in which I needed 2 savepoints is probably also the largest map. Just before jumping into an area with 4 (or more) large Skaarj running around a pool of green slime, and the next the area with metal stairways going up and round the area with many hidden Skaarj popping out of high metal constructions.
I've kept a printscreen of each map ending and will post them one of these days (when I get home).
Needless to say it was a really pleasurable experience and the changes compared to the first release are well done (one area though - which was a bit unfair in the first release, where a code had to be entered to open a door, and it's on a timer - has become a simple stroll on Unreal and was a bit of a letdown).

Yhe1
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020, 18:41

If anybody encounter the Admin room crash, use the following file to fix

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zlko0yzjck626 ... t.ini?dl=0

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021, 14:34

I had a crazy thought today. Play the final map on Unreal ("to the surface") and survive without destroying the teleporter.
The only cheating done was summoning all weapons, full health and full shield but on Unreal difficulty I can't manage it (yet). So switched to Hard and on the third try: success.
Funny enough, then activating the destroyer is useless because apparently the destroy sequence only starts if there are still enemies around so no ending sequence :(.

User avatar Delacroix

Post Posted: 28 Aug 2021, 15:36

OldUnreal UTSP archive has Project Xenome First Day already in updated flavor and with Interloper slipstreamed in, thanks to UB's fixes gotten from the other topic. Look for:

PXFirstDayUPD for episode 1 alone
PXFirstDayUPD_Interloper for episodes 1 and 2.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

Previous