Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

Setting up UT99 with oldskool and Unreal.

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar cronodevir
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Setting up UT99 with oldskool and Unreal.

Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010, 12:44

Its been a looong time since I did this, and I am installing UT99 as we speak. I have copied the whole contents of Unreal onto my HD, as I believe this is required? I know how to patch UT, and I believe there is a fanmade patch somewhere? Also, do I need any of the bonus packs? Can someone explain STC3 [or what ever that highres texture stuff is]? finally, where can I get oldskool, google has failed me. [Or maybe I failed google]

Edit: Okay, I patched everything, so no need for that, but BeyondUnreal doesn't have oldskool amp'd anymore :( [fullver]. I found Lite on Moddb.
Last edited by cronodevir on 03 Jul 2010, 12:55, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Garble and MrBlowtatoes

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject: Re: Setting up UT99 with oldskool and Unreal.

Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010, 12:53

Answers to a few of your questions:

- You only need to copy the maps and music from Unreal to UT. The rest of Unreal's assets are already in there.
- The fanmade patch is 227 for Unreal, not UT, but can be download from OldUnreal.com. You will also find improved renderers for UT at OldUnreal.
- You need Bonus Packs 1-4 if you have UT standard edition, or just Bonus Pack 4 if you have UT GOTY edition.
- S3TC is a renderer setting that uses the high-res textures on UT's second disc. Not every Unreal/UT texture has a high-res equivalent, though.
- Oldskool is included in the download of many of the large custom SP packs, including ONP, Xidia Gold and Deja Vu. Beware Legacy, though, as it installs an older version.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar cronodevir
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010, 12:56

Cool, Actually, I found a UT fan patch [multimedia thingy?] Also, you should add strike out feature for the forum post ^_^ Is there any way to remove the Level info that appears when a level loads in UT with AMP'd?
I'm Garble and MrBlowtatoes

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Post Posted: 03 Jul 2010, 17:13

cronodevir wrote:Cool, Actually, I found a UT fan patch [multimedia thingy?] Also, you should add strike out feature for the forum post ^_^ Is there any way to remove the Level info that appears when a level loads in UT with AMP'd?

There is a strikethrough code - [s]. sana's in charge of the site now, and that's one of the features he's added.

Do you mean the level title and author info? Then no, I don't think you can remove that.

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010, 23:19

Oldskool full is available here: http://astaley.beyondunreal.com/filez_main.html
Mooo !

User avatar shawnd123
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 08 Jul 2010, 16:26

Those links be dead!!!!

Here's a link to a page that has all of Usaar33's UT mods (including Oldskool): http://download.beyondunreal.com/browse ... r=astaley/
Image Image

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010, 03:47

Doh !
Mooo !

Doublez-Down
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010, 16:14

Why would you want to remove level info?
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse