Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

[OLD] FAQ Part 2 Submissions

For public discussion of "Savage Land" and other Red Nemesis projects.

Moderator: Mister_Prophet

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject: [OLD] FAQ Part 2 Submissions

Post Posted: 04 Feb 2009, 09:30

Obsolete thread, Locked for irrelevancy but kept for posterity

As mentioned in the news thread, We're talking submissions for a new FAQ. You are permitted to ask any amount of questions you want about anything you want, as long as you post them here. To organize it a bit, I'd suggest you check the site for content already mentioned before asking. I'll ignore questions that are willfully silly or ask something about info we've already made public.

And try to keep them all to single posts.
Last edited by Mister_Prophet on 05 Oct 2009, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Feb 2009, 12:16

I've been given this awesome opportunity and i don't have any idea what to ask! :lol: (I'll wait for other people first, it might help get the cogs moving in my mind and produce some questions)
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Feb 2009, 19:11

will every single weapon in RD be utilizing S3TC enhanced hi-resolution textures? if so, whats the average size of each UV?

How many bosses will we be looking at facing during the course of RD?

what is the optimal renderer that should be used when playing RD (with the new fx)?

How long has it been since the project has officially been started?

Any news on internal beta testing? If so, where do I sign up :lol:

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Feb 2009, 23:36

Keep 'em coming :tup:

User avatar -Visc-

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Feb 2009, 02:17

I hope my questions are not too specific... :B

Will there be any kind of more complex ''puzzles'' to solve in RD which require some intelligence? (-Except the very generic ''find the switch/computer/access code'')

I know its going to be a straight shooter like Xidia and 7B, but will the gameplay provide some little deversity / gameplay twists to counter the shoot-em-up monotony? If yes, can you give us an example without spoiling anything important?

Will there exist none-mission-critical enviroment to explore to avoid the ''corridor effect''? (To be blown away by level design grandness as example)

Since you showed us some very spectacular projectile impact effects, will certain projectiles be able to penetrate through specific materials/textures? (Tac-Ops for UT showed that is possible to do)

Is any kind of simple recoil / muzzle climb / accuracy-penalty for specific weapons planned to put some tactics and variable combat effectiveness into the fights which UT lacks of?

The Nali race only played a rather minor support role in RD's big ''ancestors'' like 7B and Xidia, will the Nali remain in their minor role?

Is additional armor equipment to the already existing body armor, thigh pads and shield belt planned, or do we even get some kind of new armor system?

Are there any hitbox-modifications for enemies planned? Like armored enemies which are only vulnerable at specific body parts not protected by body armor? (Dont punch me me if that is not possible at all, I am no modder! :wink: )

Are any new gibs planned? If yes are they going to use S3TC high-res textures? :D

Can I have a new shot of the awesome lobster model? I love it. :tup:

Is it possible to turn the lobster into an ally so that it can kill skaarj with its pincers? 8)
Last edited by -Visc- on 16 Feb 2009, 01:25, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar Jblade
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Feb 2009, 17:19

are melee attacks going to be strictly last resort, or are they going to be a viable option (like the melee attacks in F.E.A.R)?

User avatar Jethro
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Feb 2009, 18:20

You wrote about limited weaponary. Is there going to be an inventory system like in System Shock 2?
What kind of RPG elements are you planning to include?
What about coop support? Information you provided are quite misleading... OldSkool coop compatible? Any special (large) downloads or can it be deployed via content redirection? Are you going to balance this for coop (avoid situation when the player has lots of ammo and no guns). Also, any coop-specials (like cooperative tasks and so on)?
Are you going to achieve more consistent feel than Unreal 2 had?
Will there be any allies (or at least living non-hostiles)?
Will this game include levels/parts that can be beaten without shooting (by sneaking)?
Will the use of scanner-eye be obvious/frustrating (aka will it be frequent part of a gameplay)?

NEW PORTION:
- How realistic is this meant to be (damage-wise)?
- No more hitscan hell?
- What's the expected playtime?
- How many ultra-high lighting-fast mega-healthly and, prefferably, red-skinned Skaarj Warriors/Lords/Assassins/Berserkers/Whatever will the game feature? :P (j/k)

- Will the mod feature new boss? I mean you know, new mesh, unique skills and abilities, whatever. Not another queen/warlord/giant slith. Something like Cyberus from Legacy.

EDIT: Removed already answered questions.
Last edited by Jethro on 10 Feb 2009, 15:50, edited 3 times in total.
UBerserker wrote:Story: totally guessed that Skeletor was the thief.

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009, 05:51

some good ones in there so far.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Feb 2009, 06:28

OK, i got some.

How many weapons are going to be in RD?
How many melee weapons are going to be in RD?
(I'm fishing for an exact number, but if you still haven't decided whether a certain weapon will make the final cut or not then could I get a range instead?)

What would be an example of a new, unique and revolutionary melee weapon that is included in RD? As in, something that goes beyond a "laser sword" or a "fire axe", "crow bar", "shovel", or "pipe wrench"?
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar -Visc-

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 20:24

So, does the Faq-thingy have a deadline? IMO it looks pretty much like all questions have been asked. Just pushing..... :D

Seems that most questions have been asked in the old big RD-question thread, and thats - I think- caused by the relatively meager amount of news we have received since then besides weaponry.

Well, thats how I feel, I am not trying to speak for other persons.

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Feb 2009, 00:40

-Visc- wrote:So, does the Faq-thingy have a deadline? IMO it looks pretty much like all questions have been asked. Just pushing..... :D

Not really. Although there's probably enough there.

-Visc- wrote:Seems that most questions have been asked in the old big RD-question thread, and thats - I think- caused by the relatively meager amount of news we have received since then besides weaponry.

Meager compared to what? A commercial game? I think we've shone plenty of content. Perhaps we would show more, but I don't like showing WIPs unless they are quite good.

User avatar -Visc-

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Feb 2009, 01:20

Mister_Prophet wrote:
Meager compared to what? A commercial game? I think we've shone plenty of content. Perhaps we would show more, but I don't like showing WIPs unless they are quite good.

I dont want to sound ungrateful, IMO too meager to start a new FAQ-list, thats all.
You have put out lots of different media for the first FAQ-list, (fauna & flora, weapon models, jones new model, map pictures, hud) but since then all we saw was as far as I can remember weaponry only besides the announcement for mapper friendly features. You can only ask a limited amount of questions about self-explaining weapon models. Lot of questions here are a remix of the old FAQ thread.

Dont get me wrong, I really respect your work, but in my opinion you should have asked for FAQ's after showing us some real mindblowing items like when you did the first FAQ list, which means later. I dont talk about lots of media, with only one pic of something completely new to UT you could squish out hundreds of questions.

Ah, thats just some criticism about your marketing strategy. :wink:

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Feb 2009, 01:29

Well I want to get some of the pawn shots out there for you guys. So I'll keep the FAQ open for a while until we can get a couple of more good updates up.

User avatar Isaac
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009, 23:07

Will the mod require any other mods for it to work, like Advanced Model Support, etc?

Will there be any new/old Skaarj in the mod?

Is there going to be a weapons upgrade system?

Will the game support co-op?

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Oct 2009, 02:26

Isaac wrote:Will the mod require any other mods for it to work, like Advanced Model Support, etc?

It will require UT.

Isaac wrote:
Will there be any new/old Skaarj in the mod?

No comment.

Isaac wrote:Is there going to be a weapons upgrade system?

Yes, to some extent.

Isaac wrote:Will the game support co-op?

No, not exactly. COOP will support Residual Decay through an alternate addon gametype called Residual COOP, which will be developed once the SP is ready for release. What that means is, RD will be the first pack available for our new COOP system, when we get around to it (bigger fish to fry first).