Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

Which classic gun do you MOST want to see remastered?

For public discussion of "Savage Land" and other Red Nemesis projects.

Moderator: Mister_Prophet

Which classic weapon do you want to see remixed the most?

Dispersion Pistol
34%
Eightball
8%
Flak Cannon
6%
Razor Jack
12%
GES Bio Rifle
18%
Rifle
22%

Total votes: 50

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject: Which classic gun do you MOST want to see remastered?

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2007, 10:32

With the ASMD and Automag getting a total overhaul (and the Stinger with its facelift), I was curious to see which of the other seven classic Unreal guns you guys most want to see reinvented.

I also figured a forum poll was a good way to refil some Public space :o

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2007, 10:43

I have to say, I would love to see a new GES Biorifle. I've always liked all the classic Unreal weapons better than the UT counterparts, with the exception of the Biorifle. The Unreal Biorifle just doesn't feel or look powerful... Dunno what it is about it.
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar Jblade
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2007, 10:47

I'd love to see the Rifle overhauled - I think keeping the wooden stock to give it a retro touch would be awsome :)

User avatar -Visc-

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2007, 11:01

The rifle.
Not because its the leetest gun o them all, it was the biggest disappointment in U1 and as the sniper in UT.
The gun has so many things to improve, the rifle and the sniper is for sure the most boring and incompleted weapon in the whole U-series.
Zooming sucks, the sound sucks, the insta-hit bullet suck and even the ammo box design sucks too.
My suggestions would be:
* Real life zooming (no full screen visibility)
* Bullet travel speed (no insta-hit bullet with no trajectory)
* Reloading (of course!)
* Muzzle climb (crosshair climb) after shot.
* A bit more inaccuracy
* Complete new model
* Shot sound echo (like in real life) makeing the rifle sounding more powerful
* ''Higher'' shot sound, the , muzzled-sound of the rifle makes sounds weaker than my .40 Glock.

No I dont want a Rainbow-Six-realistic rifle, but if its a true rifle there is no way around some essential points.

User avatar Jethro
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2007, 11:28

I've voted for RazorJack as it's the only weapon in the game I found nearly useless (although now I see it can be used to deal with behemots and titans).
Now what do you mean by "reinvented"? Hope you don't want to take good weapon (I think at least most weapons in Unreal were good) and leetify them (something like flak cannon in UT3 with tons of useless small things on it).
UBerserker wrote:Story: totally guessed that Skeletor was the thief.

User avatar Lightning Hunter

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2007, 12:10

Jethro wrote:I've voted for RazorJack as it's the only weapon in the game I found nearly useless

:shock:
With headshots, I find it to be one of the most valuable weapons in the arsenal! :)
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar Jethro

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2007, 12:16

Lightning Hunter wrote:With headshots, I find it to be one of the most valuable weapons in the arsenal! :)

Yeah, and with projectile speed that makes it hard to hit glacier and razors tending to go back for your head I found it extremally tricky to use. :P

No to make OT: if we're talking about models only DP may use the new one.

User avatar ElectricIce

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2007, 14:55

-Visc- wrote:the rifle and the sniper is for sure the most incompleted weapon in the whole U-series.

Your wrong the Quadshot is the most incomplete weapon XD

but i vote for the Rifle

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2007, 16:52

Jethro wrote:I've voted for RazorJack as it's the only weapon in the game I found nearly useless (although now I see it can be used to deal with behemots and titans).

It already has been re-done in 7B if I remember correctly.
I would go for the GES biorifle as well. Needs to be more powerful... and would be nice if the fired blobs would turn into ... blobs (yes, those.. with a life on their own). Kinda like those bugs from HL1: throw/shoot them at your opponent and those creatures will go for the nearest creature (could be yourself too then) and explode.
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar Jethro

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2007, 18:41

Darkon wrote:It already has been re-done in 7B if I remember correctly.

There was BloodpackRipper, but, despite of texture and damage depending of difficulty level, I don't see much difference in usefulness.
Darkon wrote:I would go for the GES biorifle as well. Needs to be more powerful... and would be nice if the fired blobs would turn into ... blobs (yes, those.. with a life on their own).

Sounds interesting, I'm olny wondering how exactly you'd deal with different firing modes? Splitting blobs? Rather unlike.

User avatar Mick.B
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2007, 19:01

U2 alpha leech gun worked the same way when I summoned it. It didn't have own model yet at that stage, but it worked like those half-life things, only that it stuck on you and sucked your life away. It had two fire modes too, but I don't know what it did exactly on the secondary fire.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2007, 19:03

Jethro wrote:
Darkon wrote:I would go for the GES biorifle as well. Needs to be more powerful... and would be nice if the fired blobs would turn into ... blobs (yes, those.. with a life on their own).

Sounds interesting, I'm olny wondering how exactly you'd deal with different firing modes? Splitting blobs? Rather unlike.

You could make the second fire like that then.. since it's a bigger blob.
Primary fire options will stay the same.. but should be stronger..
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2007, 19:22

I'd say the GESBioRifle. Not because it's weak as I can kill everyone without even being touched, but it just needs an acid-thrower in my opinion.

I would like to wash my enemies with green water.
ImageImage

User avatar -Visc-

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2007, 20:27

{WINGS}Zombiehunter wrote:
-Visc- wrote:the rifle and the sniper is for sure the most incompleted weapon in the whole U-series.

Your wrong the Quadshot is the most incomplete weapon XD

You win!

I would go for the GES biorifle as well. Needs to be more powerful... and would be nice if the fired blobs would turn into ...

About the GES biorifle, there would be a truckload of ideas for improvement.
How about a BIO-stream, with it you can make accurate shots with far more range (with rainbow-like trajectory) and it goes around corners but with wasting more ammo. Or launching bio-gas clouds out if it, which does not do as much damage as the blob but damages a lot of enemies at once.
Or what about egnited burning BIO-sludge?

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2007, 22:02

Jethro wrote:There was BloodpackRipper, but, despite of texture and damage depending of difficulty level, I don't see much difference in usefulness.

Dude, that was like...the best weapon in 7B :o But it was simply a modified UT Ripper, we aren't using the UT look for RD and are gonna go down the Razor Jack path in terms of appearance. Damage and effectiveness, however, is a whole other ball game. I agree with anyone who says U1's razor jack was their least used weapon.

As for the biorifle, I've always preferred what the UT series did with this weapon (more compact, practical looking)...but we're currently unsure what the hell to do with it. It's probably the only one of the classics we have no real idea for so any opinions you guys have on appearance (whether you prefer nostalgia or sleekness) will probably sway our concept development. Just don't expect too much of a change attack wise. I'm of the mind that the Bio rifle (the UT1 incarnation) pretty much peaked the Bio rifle at its ultimate level of ass kickery and there's no way we're gonna mess with that.

Next