A random sentence for a random mind.

The Great Seven Bullets Challenge

For public discussion of "Savage Land" and other Red Nemesis projects.

Moderator: Mister_Prophet

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader
Posts: 3108
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 23:30
Location: Lost in Oraghar

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2008, 04:42

Individual levels I suppose. Would be easier. Although DO NOT show results of only individual maps, you need to show all the results at once. For instance, don't post a scoreboard for one map and then five days later the next map, ect...

ShadowWraith
Pupae Pupae
Posts: 2
Joined: 14 Feb 2008, 22:25

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2008, 07:01

That makes things easier, thanks!

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord
Posts: 510
Joined: 12 Nov 2007, 00:10

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Feb 2008, 17:14

Ok people, the heat is on.
This contest has been officially announced. Deadline will be announced soon.
Image

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Posts: 1967
Joined: 12 Nov 2007, 07:21
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Feb 2008, 22:20

do you think BU would put an advert on their main page? Involve the whole community right?

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader
Posts: 3108
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 23:30
Location: Lost in Oraghar

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2008, 00:22

In case nobody has noticed, even BU has made a public announcement about it.

What we need now is people willing to give it a shot. So far there are, to my dismay, no takers.

This makes the Prophet very upset. But not so upset that I will cry, because Prophets cannot cry. Instead, what I will do is announce the prizes soon...whenever it is my team mate who currently controls the site responds my damn requests and reinstates my password so I can freakin' update the site!...but the prize will most likely have to do with RD in some way.

I'd also like to say that since there are currently no attempts, it's anyone's game at this point. You may not be the fastest person overall, but so far you might be the fastest to submit your run :o I've decided NOT to mention a deadline until at least a couple people have submitted their runs, so until then it's up to you guys.

Get going!!

Ghost
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout
Posts: 33
Joined: 13 Jan 2008, 15:43
Location: Hiding
Contact:

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2008, 00:49

Mister_Prophet wrote:Get going!!


Got my FRAPS going, a terrabyte of HDD space, and 7B / UT99 finally installed.
Last one (to try ;p) is a rotten egg!

Edit:
Well, was about to load map 3, then I got a crash, so I'm downloading the latest 7B (I don't think I've downloaded it since 1.0 anyway), hope to avoid that nasty EMP glitch at the end too :P
Map1:
105 seconds
Map2:
9 minutes >_<
No scoreboard yet, since I have to restart my speedrun :/
I got caught up in some firefights and lost alot of time that way too.

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member
Posts: 2094
Joined: 12 Nov 2007, 02:43
Location: UK
Contact:

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2008, 02:00

I was waiting for the deadline announcement after hearing it would be extended, guess I'll do it anyway now.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Posts: 1967
Joined: 12 Nov 2007, 07:21
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2008, 07:09

Mister_Prophet wrote:In case nobody has noticed, even BU has made a public announcement about it.

What we need now is people willing to give it a shot. So far there are, to my dismay, no takers.

This makes the Prophet very upset. But not so upset that I will cry, because Prophets cannot cry. Instead, what I will do is announce the prizes soon...whenever it is my team mate who currently controls the site responds my damn requests and reinstates my password so I can freakin' update the site!...but the prize will most likely have to do with RD in some way.

I'd also like to say that since there are currently no attempts, it's anyone's game at this point. You may not be the fastest person overall, but so far you might be the fastest to submit your run :o I've decided NOT to mention a deadline until at least a couple people have submitted their runs, so until then it's up to you guys.

Get going!!

err, you never really gave people any way to indicate whether or not they will make an attempt, this thread is great for USP regulars, but there's no real way to keep track of "who's in".
Maybe a "sign here if you are getting in on the run" sort of thing could be stuck on your site. Along with a method of indicating progress or something.

In case nobody has noticed, even BU has made a public announcement about it.

:lol: When i noticed that no one seemed to be doing anything about advertising the comp I actually PMed hal to let him know about it, he made a news post and whatnot for me. Good guy that hal

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader
Posts: 3108
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 23:30
Location: Lost in Oraghar

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2008, 19:30

TheIronKnuckle wrote:

err, you never really gave people any way to indicate whether or not they will make an attempt, this thread is great for USP regulars, but there's no real way to keep track of "who's in".
Maybe a "sign here if you are getting in on the run" sort of thing could be stuck on your site. Along with a method of indicating progress or something.


It's simple, you're in...you make a run, you show us results. This whole thing will be run and orchestrated from this forum thread. Results, when they come in would obviously be on the first post. There's no point making it bigger than it is when the contest has been out for half a month and nobody has shown results. Depending on how many results I do get, that might change things...but so far the only pp really interested are the USP folks. Why would I make it a bigger deal than it is when nobody has attempted it yet?

Ghost
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout
Posts: 33
Joined: 13 Jan 2008, 15:43
Location: Hiding
Contact:

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Mar 2008, 21:43

For some reason, when I took my scoreboard screenshots during the 'Loading' screen, it would add 10 minutes and mess up my points o.O
Either way, the summery minutes at the bottom of each map still seem to add up, so I'll show you my scoreboard results:

Time taken:
66 minutes, 53 seconds
225 kills (97060 damage given, 2431 taken)
I believe I died about 4 times.

S e v e n B u l l e t s:
Image

Infiltration of the Kran:
Image

The Rogue:
Image

Slight Complication:
Image

I tried to take a picture of my scoreboard, but the map loaded too fast >_<
Anyway here's the beginning of the map right after:
Image

The *end* of familiar odds:
Image

Lost passage of Vandora:
Image

The guardian of Vandora's pass:
Image

The situation at Noork's elbow:
Image

Beneath the Terraniux:
Image

The Dead Scorpions:
Image

Unfinished Business:
Image

The Ghost of Oraghar:
Image

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader
Posts: 3108
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 23:30
Location: Lost in Oraghar

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Mar 2008, 01:30

First off, thanks for the submission. You are the first (and hopefully not the last).

Second off, there are a few things that aren't consistant with your scores.
First off, where is the submission for Tension at Vandora's Temple? Secondly, why is the score for Beneath The Terraniux lower than the score from the map before it? Lastly, how exactly did you manage to beat The Lost Passage of Vandora in around one minutes?

Ghost
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout
Posts: 33
Joined: 13 Jan 2008, 15:43
Location: Hiding
Contact:

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Mar 2008, 01:41

Mister_Prophet wrote:First off, thanks for the submission. You are the first (and hopefully not the last).

Second off, there are a few things that aren't consistant with your scores.
First off, where is the submission for Tension at Vandora's Temple? Secondly, why is the score for Beneath The Terraniux lower than the score from the map before it? Lastly, how exactly did you manage to beat The Lost Passage of Vandora in around one minutes?


If I hadn't pointed this out, the scoreboard bugged (badly) if it was up during the loading screens.
I'm getting ready for a 2nd (hopefully faster) run, this time with the screenshots to be taken just before the inter-map teleporters.
>_^

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader
Posts: 3108
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 23:30
Location: Lost in Oraghar

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Mar 2008, 04:12

Yeah, a second run now that you have a handle on it will surley give you better odds.

Ghost
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout
Posts: 33
Joined: 13 Jan 2008, 15:43
Location: Hiding
Contact:

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Mar 2008, 04:28

My second run is complete.
I beat my prior time by about 3-4 minutes.
I might try again later, but only if someone else actually submits...I mean, I don't really have a record to beat but my own right now >_>
I'll upload the video once I finish compressing..its 32 gigs big o_O
Time: 62 minutes 58 seconds
Score: 76231
S e v e n B u l l e t s:____Infiltration of the Kran:____The Rogue:_______Slight Complication:
ImageImageImageImage

Familiar Odds:________Lost Passage of Vandora:_Guardian Vandora's Pass:_Tension at Vandora:
ImageImageImageImage

Situation at Noork:____Beneath Terraniux:_____The Dead Scorpions:___Unfinished Business:
ImageImageImageImage

Ghost of Oraghar:
Image

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Posts: 1967
Joined: 12 Nov 2007, 07:21
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Mar 2008, 06:08

Mister_Prophet wrote:
TheIronKnuckle wrote:

err, you never really gave people any way to indicate whether or not they will make an attempt, this thread is great for USP regulars, but there's no real way to keep track of "who's in".
Maybe a "sign here if you are getting in on the run" sort of thing could be stuck on your site. Along with a method of indicating progress or something.


It's simple, you're in...you make a run, you show us results. This whole thing will be run and orchestrated from this forum thread. Results, when they come in would obviously be on the first post. There's no point making it bigger than it is when the contest has been out for half a month and nobody has shown results. Depending on how many results I do get, that might change things...but so far the only pp really interested are the USP folks. Why would I make it a bigger deal than it is when nobody has attempted it yet?

I suppose so, i stand corrected. GG @ ghost!

Previous Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Copyright © 2001-2024 UnrealSP.org

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited