Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

Jones Saga skins

For public discussion of "Savage Land" and other Red Nemesis projects.

Moderator: Mister_Prophet

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Jones Saga skins

Post Posted: 14 Aug 2009, 21:18

ImageImage

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Aug 2009, 00:18

Oh snap.

Though technically, I only made the color adjustments on Drago and Cray. Rest is stock.

User avatar -Visc-
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Aug 2009, 01:17

Drago reminds me a lot of the '' Lord Humungus'' from Mad Max 2. Big muscles, iron mask to hide the deformed face, crazy voice.... :tup:

The ayatollah of rock'n rolla! This guy was badass.
If you listen to his speech it also resembles a lot Dragos voice acting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TL4XZdyo3g&NR=1

User avatar Jet v4.3.5

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Aug 2009, 04:01

Only thing I did was compile them into a pack for player selection. Really, I would have thought that something like this would have been made already. I actually made these for my own benefit, but I thought other people would really like to use these too, so I put them together for Proph. There's gonna be a bonus pack. It used to include three White Lotus soldiers but Prophet told me that they had actually been borrowed for Seven Bullets from someone else, so it's gonna include different skins as replacements to make up for the loss of the white lotus skins.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Aug 2009, 08:16

-Visc- wrote:Drago reminds me a lot of the '' Lord Humungus'' from Mad Max 2. Big muscles, iron mask to hide the deformed face, crazy voice.... :tup:

The ayatollah of rock'n rolla! This guy was badass.
If you listen to his speech it also resembles a lot Dragos voice acting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TL4XZdyo3g&NR=1

That was actually the direct inspiration! I made a comment about it after Seven Bullets was released, but some people thought the comparison was batshit. :/

Anyway, glad someone else finally thought so on their own. :o

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Aug 2009, 00:12

I like more Drago when I play as him, rather than the "Hey look my awesome anti-Sniper Rifle mask" boss version :B
ImageImage

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Aug 2009, 00:23

I actually enjoy playing as Drago myself. After nine long years, a player model has finally usurped my default selection of the Necris commando with Grail face. :o

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009, 11:28

Drago is difficult (and was a pain a couple of years ago) but using the environment for cover and the correct weapon at the right time, he turns out to be a fun boss - but it takes time before one realises that :shock:

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009, 15:04

His bots are better than him. Except Petra, since she can be killed in one second when you face her.
ImageImage

User avatar Jet v4.3.5

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009, 21:59

Skin city has yet to publish the Seven Bullets skin pack. As promised, I have posted them here first, and anyone here will be able to see the pack first hand before anyone else.
This pack contains twelve skins from Seven Bullets, PLUS, as a bonus, the Bishop skin from Skytown Redux. Usaar33's Nali fix is also included to fix team game problems with the Bishop. Instructions in the readme are included.

Thanks for your compliments on the first pack. :tup:

7Bullets Skin Pack v1: http://www.mediafire.com/file/znm3yyv2jjg/7BulletsSkinsv1.zip
ModDb Portfolio

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009, 23:51

Moer cool stuff!
The only problem is that all of these skins aren't good for team games - no colours. The exceptions are the Bloodpack Skaarj. The most badass skins work in the best way, yay!
ImageImage

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009, 00:01

Awesome work on this Jet. You've done a great service :o :tup:

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 Aug 2009, 00:19

Now we only need the Scarred One or even the DarkLord. Maybe as super secrets in Residual Decay? :shy: :shy:
ImageImage

User avatar zacman
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Aug 2009, 03:47

salsaSkaarj wrote:Drago is difficult (and was a pain a couple of years ago) but using the environment for cover and the correct weapon at the right time, he turns out to be a fun boss - but it takes time before one realises that :shock:

Damn! Why'd Mr. Prophet take away my explosives?!?! :(
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

Code: Select all

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

User avatar Jet v4.3.5

Subject: Re: Jones Saga skins

Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011, 07:09

Just wanted to throw out a heads up that I'm planning on getting an updated version of these out there, even if it's just for team skins. I've been setting up my own team color skins for Jones/USM marines, and I think they've come out pretty well. I'm mostly worried about contrast and stuff but I wanted to know if you had any particular "team skin" preferences for this other than the color-themeing I'm going by right now. Here's a pic showing my red and blue team skins, plus the normal skin I've used as a base.

At least they're good with team distinction. I will be doing a slightly different green armor thing for the green team skin, but that's just a personal preference. I'll go by my own eye mostly, but if you have any suggestions or pointers, I'm making this for you all, so go ahead an let me hear them. For example, any favorite skins you have from the original pack? Some you'd like to be a bit more conservative than others so they don't look clownish?
ModDb Portfolio

Next