Scout-kun is a lie... right?

Which enemies do you most want to see remastered?

For public discussion of "Savage Land" and other Red Nemesis projects.

Moderator: Mister_Prophet

Which enemies do you most want to see remastered?

Skaarj
12%
Terran
13%
Mercenary
6%
Krall
6%
Titan
23%
Spinner
4%
Pack Hunter/Predator
8%
Brutes
25%
Other
4%

Total votes: 52

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject: Which enemies do you most want to see remastered?

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007, 08:26

I thought I'd propose another poll to hold people over before our Christmas update. As some might know, we're including more enemies than previous chapters, where the main antagonists were limited to either Skaarj or Terrans. In Residual Decay, all of Unreal's primary adversaries show up along with new types as well. To round it off, many of the older enemies are being completely redone.

So what's got you more interested?

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007, 09:27

krall, simply to bridge the gap between ut3's and u1's krall enemies. And a remastered krall would be interesting in terms of SP. The ut3 krall are all on arena overdose and nothing like their u1 predescessors, a remastered krall that was more SP then MP based would be cool. But all the other monsters would be nice too.

Kaka
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007, 10:05

Brutes of course 8)

User avatar Jblade
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007, 10:40

I think Titans that actually pick up boulders and stuff rather than scoop them up from out of nowhere would be really cool (either that or make them leave a decal or something if they do that)

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: That looks like a bad surprise.

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007, 11:21

Where are the Slith? I vote "Other" for Slith. Their "Scary Factor" in dark, closed places is unmatched by anyone.

Bigger acid spits FTW.
ImageImage

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007, 15:22

Kaka wrote:Brutes of course 8)

First I wanted to go for the krall, since they're my favorite. Not because of the damage, but they simply look the best. ....therefore they wouldn't need much makeover, unless you would want to work on their staff; it needs to give more damage or something....

But I voted for the Brutes.. they need an "extreme makeover" for sure...
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar Mick.B
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007, 15:57

Yeah sliths would be cool, especially also remakes of fire and nitrogen ones from beta.
Or some other monster, predators would be good to remake too I think (They appeared in shooting range even in Unreal2, but they were called Raptors there I think, according to sound names or static mesh names).

User avatar StalwartUK
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2007, 18:20

The Brutes deserve it. For one thing the original model is fugly as hell (no really, it is). It's pratically the same model that Epic used back when the Brutes were known as the "Bigman" 2-3 years before the game came out. Versus newer meshes such as the Skaarj and Krall ones it's definitely low-poly and low-definition.

Also their firing effects look mediocre even by Unreal standards. Compare the "flame" effect to something such as the minigun's and you'll get my point.

Imagine it - awesome rocket pistols, free flowing hair (the lesser Brute has a pony tail strapped tightly to its skin, obviously due to tech. limitations) and not forgetting the ever cool body armour.
StalwartUK

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2007, 00:54

I think I have to agree with StalwartUK on this one...
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2007, 06:08

well, he's convinced me, brutes WOULD be good

User avatar Ryu
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2007, 09:22

I personaly liked the predators, how they are preaty smart.
Just no more 7 bullets bots XD

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2007, 14:55

There will be no bots, as promised. But that doesn't mean there won't be new enemies of the Terran persuasion.

Just to make some things clear, everything on that list (exclude other as it is too broad) is getting either full remastering work or partial remaster work (classes, boss classes). So consider anything on that list as "to be updated regardless".

Hopefully we'll have a skinned version of a showable Brute sometime in the future, but they are the class that have had to most work done so far.

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2007, 18:07

I thought I'd mention that It's nice to see I'm not the only one that thought the Titan needed a MAJOR overhaul :o

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2007, 19:45

I agree that the Titan looks pretty bad, but as on occasional monster I find it less important than the Brutes which are likely to be fought in much greater numbers, are they not? An S3TC skin would be a good "inexpensive" way to improve the Titan.

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar -Visc-
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2007, 19:52

I would vote for space marines, the most difficult enemies made for Unreal - but there is no such option. :(

However, I love the packhunters, they were so innovative- something completely different.....the most difficult-to-kill enemies in the whole game if they had more health.
Its a shame that they were that small and weak, but the awesome thing was that packhunters always attacked as group and they were really a challenge beeing that fast. They even hit me while running, I dont know any other enemy able to do that with meele damage, most enemies stop running to attack with meele only to miss you.
Getting surrounded with packhunters was always a very serious threat and something new. :o

I would love to see bigger versions, theres hardly a way to beat running man-sized packhunters attacking you as a group of five. :o There would be also a very solid basis to start with, the packhunters have awesome detailed textures, good sounds and great animations.

I dont know much about their AI, but I always had to think a bit fighting them like jumping on a rock to avoid their bites or thinking tactical like remembering the area around them to avoid flank attacks. Maybe not the toughest enemies, but for sure the most ''tactical'' creatures beside the dpace marines.

Next