As you might remember, it's always been a thing for UnrealSP.org to bedazzle readers with a fancy background image. A *cough* little while ago, we've even upgraded the existing background images we have to 1024x768+ with your gracious input in a little community drive.
With the new site comes the option to dedicate a backdrop image to each individual article. And so, I thought: Why not ask the community for help once more? So here it is: I am looking for new screenshots to drape over the new and improved website!
A reminder of what it will look like in practice:
The screenshots should meet the following criteria:
- At least 1920x1080 in resolution
- No significant compression artifacts
- No visible HUD elements
- No visible first-person weapon (you may "killall weapon" or any other such method)
- Optional: Focus the most interesting part of the view somewhat towards the top half of the screenshot. (The rest will be obscured by the site, at least until I add the "view full background image" button one day)
You can post the screenshots here, or send them via PM, or send them by mail to admin [at] unrealsp [dot] org.
Now, in particular, I am looking for two categories of screenshots:
- Pictures from Unreal and RtNP, to use in our various articles, interviews, tutorials and sections as currently seen on our Legacy site.
For instance, here are my selections for the front page and the "What is Unreal" page.
- At least one backdrop depicting an impressive area of every campaign/map in our Review section and temporary reviews forum.
These will be used for the actual review pages!
I hope this gives you enough of a kick to spin up this old game of ours and practice your latent photography skills. While it's not the most vital mission in the world, I appreciate any helping hand!
Thanks for your time,