This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

[v7.2] G59

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: [v7.2] G59 -Episode 3-

Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018, 00:31

oh shit
I might just restart over to see what changes were made, and to test my new earbuds with the music
M'nali

User avatar UTNerd24
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018, 03:18

Gah. That timing. Just as my mind and my compatibility of UT broke.
Pls play Unreal

User avatar StalwartUK
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018, 05:36

Awesome! Been looking forward to this ever since I was impressed by Episode 2.
StalwartUK

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018, 14:13

Thanks guys hope you enjoy it.

I tried my best to fix Map10's technical holes but there are still slowdowns and at one point certain flying AI randomly decrease the FPS to single digit amount. This doesn't always happen however but I can't figure out why this happens. It's probably the AI being forced to seek the players and have serious difficulties doing so. Just kill things fast (by that point, you very easily can).

User avatar UTNerd24

Post Posted: 02 Jul 2018, 08:11

I'll be frank with you, UB. Dementia Praecox may as well be one of the best maps Ive ever seen made in Unreal as a whole. Even more than Yaksha. Its probably the BIGGEST map ive seen too.

I'd make a CA out of it, but I have no experience in mapping and I don't have any plans on gaining any anytime soon.
Pls play Unreal

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018, 15:20

UB, just as a fact:

THANK YOU for finishing up G59! I will download the complete new package once you've uploaded it in the coming days (I will obviously download the latest EXU2 package first).

New commentary in the style of what I did before will be produced between now and the end of the summer.

Cheers! :)
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: [v7.2] G59

Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018, 20:12

Final Addendum :: G-DRIVE

Addendum available. Final map, ending, updated Jigoku.u file. Put them in with the rest from the major Episode 3 package. Hope you enjoy! Play it for that one last map!

Some stats for Atropos:
-Over 7k brushes
-28k polys
-62k nodes
-47MB in size

I'm fairly sure there isn't any other SP map with that same MB size, it's #1 in my folder. There are MP maps that are bigger but unlike those, Atropos makes no use of myleveled content (I don't make use of mylevel content anymore since aaaaaages). The use of textures is definitely a reason, lighting and fog also bump up size massively if used in certain ways.
The map really tries to replicate the Unreal 2 Drakk feel, the last arena has a conglomerate of special lit light actors so they'd light those matrix-style textures.
The map once reached 64k nodes (I ended up crashing at times because it surpassed the limit). Generally, all the myths about crashes because of a high amount of nodes are false (they likely were back in 2000 though). Or it reaches the limit and crashes, or it rebuilds. HOWEVER if there are a lot of movers and the node amount is close to the limit, what happens is that the movers are not rendered in-game; movers indeed work differently from brushes, they do not really count toward the node count but are affected nonetheless.

User avatar Sat42

Subject: Re: [v7.2] G59

Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018, 23:46

UBerserker wrote:Some stats for Atropos:
-Over 7k brushes
-28k polys
-62k nodes
-47MB in size

I'm fairly sure there isn't any other SP map with that same MB size, it's #1 in my folder. There are MP maps that are bigger but unlike those, Atropos makes no use of myleveled content (I don't make use of mylevel content anymore since aaaaaages). The use of textures is definitely a reason, lighting and fog also bump up size massively if used in certain ways.
The map really tries to replicate the Unreal 2 Drakk feel, the last arena has a conglomerate of special lit light actors so they'd light those matrix-style textures.
The map once reached 64k nodes (I ended up crashing at times because it surpassed the limit). Generally, all the myths about crashes because of a high amount of nodes are false (they likely were back in 2000 though). Or it reaches the limit and crashes, or it rebuilds. HOWEVER if there are a lot of movers and the node amount is close to the limit, what happens is that the movers are not rendered in-game; movers indeed work differently from brushes, they do not really count toward the node count but are affected nonetheless.

Precious info, thanks for that as well!!
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar StalwartUK
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018, 00:52

Cool, currently on map 10 so perfect timing!

So far it's been quite the experience, quite amazing to see what you can pull off with this 19 year old game and I'm running this with the hi-res textures and the HD skins mutator, which probably adds to the insanity.
StalwartUK

User avatar UTNerd24

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018, 01:02

As I’ve stated on Discord, G59 feels like the logical endpoint of UT mods. And with that said, I couldn’t think of any better conclusion than the one you gave to this campaign.
Only two notable bugs however. Mekans Mercs are very passive and will more often let the player go rather than attacking. And the final boss, much like Morax’s second phase is very hesitant to attack; it keeps tweening it’s animations but never to the point where projectiles spawn. Everything else is in great condition.

I honestly love this campaign so much that I wish to archive it and attempt to port it if a major update of EXU2 were ever to roll out. But for now, I just wanna appreciate the fantastic work you have bought to us.

I hope whatever future plans you have in other professions are as successful as your work in Unreal was!

-UTNerd24

PS: The Tosc’s scream is gonna haunt me forever
Pls play Unreal

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018, 06:41

StalwartUK wrote:Cool, currently on map 10 so perfect timing!

So far it's been quite the experience, quite amazing to see what you can pull off with this 19 year old game and I'm running this with the hi-res textures and the HD skins mutator, which probably adds to the insanity.

As far as I know, the HD skins mutator only affects all original Unreal Gold assets but not many of them are used in G59. I still use it anyway but it would be nice if some were updated.

Also if you want to play some more levels you can always scavenge old reviews or try the Custom Oldskool Entries add-on for UT that adds support for 40 campaigns or so.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/zmbuibk9 ... iesV12.ZIP
M'nali

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018, 13:15

Here is it, G59 v7 fully repackaged in one 650mb zip. This will be posted on the main post - the links in the previous posts for separate EP3/patch will be left alive.

G59 v7 -Full Campaign- (650 MB)

As I promised, here's a list of tips (and unfixable bugs to watch out for) in each level. I have decided to put everything under spoilers. Not exactly needed but I do this because so more players can have a chance, especially EXU newcomers who want to play a new UT mappack.

EXU2-G59-00-Distopia

► Show Spoiler

EXU2-G59-01-Limbo

► Show Spoiler

EXU2-G59-02-Neonlights

► Show Spoiler

EXU2-G59-03-Tonatiuh

► Show Spoiler

EXU2-G59-04-Manitou

► Show Spoiler

EXU2-G59-05-Void

► Show Spoiler

EXU2-G59-06-Elohim

► Show Spoiler

EXU2-G59-07-Jrath

► Show Spoiler

EXU2-G59-08-Magatsu

► Show Spoiler

EXU2-G59-09-Abyss

► Show Spoiler

EXU2-G59-10-Verflucht

► Show Spoiler

EXU2-G59-11-Atropos

► Show Spoiler

StalwartUK wrote:Cool, currently on map 10 so perfect timing!

Map 10 is the most technically demanding map overall but the whole buildup to the boss is so worth it. I wanted to have the full castle top to be explorable but the game usually crashes if you look at the whole EFNP redux area from afar.

Hope you enjoy map 11!

Thank you all guys, hope I can hear some mini reviews and opinions sometime!

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018, 23:38

Downloaded and extracted 855MB! :D

Music: 400MB, 21 tracks correct? there was a little hiccup when I extracted this, I don't think it affected the success of the extraction but just checking

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018, 23:53

30 tracks. I used 7zip.
ImageImage

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018, 00:02

UBerserker wrote:30 tracks. I used 7zip.

Thanks for clarifying that, extracted again and this time there's everything! :tup: (holy shit 560MB of music!)

Previous Next