Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

G59 -RevolveR- X [OBSOLETE]

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: <EXU2> "G59 -RevolveR-"

Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016, 00:57

UBerserker wrote:Hey, tried to join the server today but I got some RMusicPlayer mismatches.

Can't even join the ecoop one... mismatches again (K_General.utx what's going on? must be a bug on me)

Well fuck. That goddamn RMusicPlayer continues to piss me off.
I need to find a way to just rip the thing off the server entirely.

Long ago AFcore made a dummy version of the u file so that players who
don't have RMusicPlayer will be able to connect, but they won't have
music.

Of course the latest EXU stuff has a newer version of RMusicPlayer which is
incompatible with that dummy file. I have only a vague idea of what exactly
AFcore did there, and haven't heard from him in over a year now.

Atm if you connect with no RMusicPlayer installed, you should connect but
will have no music.
If you happen to have the older version of it installed, you will connect and have
music.
If you have the latest version installed, you will get a mismatch.
(Just move or rename the file and try again...)

Re: K_General.utx
Near as I can tell I have only 1 version of that file, and it is also on the redirect.
It has been the same version on my server for years and years and years I am sure.
(Not even sure what map pack it came with.....)

It was a mis-match and not a refusal to send?
If a refusal to send, let me know the exact case of the filename.
If a mismatch, only suggestion at this point is to move/rename your
copy of the file and try again.

My main linux server crashed a little while back and I have slowly migrated
the UT servers to a windows box.

Only issue has been that a handful of files, less than 1%, are suddenly having
case sensitivity issues with the redirect for no reason that I can see.
Suspect inconsistency's buried in int files that came with the packages.
But I am probably wrong.... That would take a while to track down and
correct. My redirect is a monster. Over 1300 files.
This is also pissing me off a lot. /EndRant

Re: The broken Tonatiuh event.
Yesterday was the 1st time for playing that map, and some other player who shall
remain nameless was going totally apeshit with a LargeMarge at the time.
Not sure if a gun can break that sort of event or not, but if it is possible then
LargeMarge is the gun that would break it I would imagine.
Will let you know if the event fails to happen in future tests.
Mooo !

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016, 02:51

About the RMusicPlayer, i downloaded a version yesterday, and it worked to get into Loathsome server!

This is the version that works! Look below.
https://wiki.beyondunreal.com/UE1:RMusicPlayer

BTW, UB, seriously? A seed seed? That thing is a hack!
Because you save game, throw it, then load game if some useless thing spawns, then you can get infinite seed seeds with infinite LRPC.

Waff, it's supposed to use the Seed Seeds like this?
Spam Save and Load?
I want to play fair. :P
I grant you the ultimate power!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016, 10:51

Yep SeedSeeds are stupid like that, they were even more broken back in the day on Demo4.
They're supposed to be used only if you fed up with the game.

Don't use them because they'll be probably gone by next patch.
ImageImage

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016, 14:51

I dunno if the release at v6.00 has the Seed Seed structural changes, but they are way less cheat-friendly now, and also have more negative possibilities. You will most commonly get more seeds, flares, ammo, or bad things, so you can gamble your way to certain death or an LRPC. I think they're pretty funny in coop, but yeah they can be overkill in SP.

That said, each Seed Seed instanced when the game starts will randomly choose one option that it'll use when you throw it, regardless of how long after you pick it up, but with a catch: it will scramble the results slightly every time you throw it (if you load a save). So you'll not be able to load forever until you get a favorable result unless one of the results you want is within scramble range of the original result the seed picked when it was first spawned. There are also some "always on" negative side effects that can ALWAYS wind up being picked even if normally they would be out of scramble range, which further deters load spamming.

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016, 23:36

As i know, only the Magic Armor Seeds had this system (v6.00).

I know a way how to avoid it, just save in the previous map, go to next map, throw the seed. :P

Well, seriously, don't do this, it's a cheat, wait for fix, if it's possible.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016, 23:54

Tried G59 a bit on Loathsome server. Server still runs the dropping items stuff (so you could get your hands on a LargeMarge but who will use that) which probably cause some lag but it's at least normally playable.

Coop probably needs some fixes. So far it pretty much lacks the relentless crazy aspect of BI's maps in Coop although most of G59 happens indoor which makes the spawning implementation way more restricted. Also in Map 8 somebody triggered the deadly Shadow Manta waves which wasn't supposed to never happen in Coop.
We still died a myriad of times against Berith though. Fucker melees me TO THE SKY and kills me with well aimed hell bolts, he's like playing a fighter game with aerial combos and that owns.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016, 14:57

Note: G59 currently makes use of the regular Xloc, not the EXU one. Because XlocRecallActors as mentioned in the other EXU2 thread only work on the regular discs at the moment.

While it's not coming any time soon, I'm brainstorming ideas for Map 12. I have something amazing for it and hopefully the engine won't shit up. I'm aiming for a very intense BI-like experience there, except way more gritty and extremely foreboding. In some way it would be G59's own version of Highlands and will be made as hard as it can possibly be and this time I'll try out the EXU2 v6 new spawning controllers that I haven't used yet.

Another note is for Map 13 - which will come bundled with Map 12 - it's a location mentioned in one of the G59 messages and it will serve as a pretty peaceful transition between Map 12 and Map 14.

As for the previous G59 maps, I think I reached a point where some of them (from map 1 to map 8) just can't get any layout improvement without accidentally breaking the geometry or implementing a really useless room (Map 5 had literally this for the new patch then I reverted the changes). Of course this excludes gameplay-related improvements.
However expect changes for Map 9 (maybe) and especially Map 10 and 11 which are pretty new and each were made within a week.
ImageImage

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016, 22:31

The OP is awesome, UB! It really sells the project well, and by the way that new look for Perditus Paradisus is great :)

(As for me getting back to playing this... heh, time constraints mean that I'll probably get around to it once you've released the final maps as well :P )
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar Jigoku
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016, 09:27

Once I get my computer problem sorted out I'm going back to this crazy ass stuff... Oh how I miss it... Mixing EXU2/G59 stuff with Nali Weapons and bots just makes it sooooooooo crazy.

Also; -RevolveR- ...Ocelot. (Sorry, I had to.)
Trying to get back into the swing of things.

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016, 00:58

Okay, i will make a little review about the maps, since i try to do my best, unlike waff, he tests the game like every player does, having some fun, but me, i am the guy who wants to complete the campaign without too much trouble, also i am making some good save games if i want to practice or to speedrun them.

I am the guy who plays seriously, i need lots of patience, it's not easy.

► Show Spoiler

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016, 08:00

Update Re: Perditus Paradise.

3 more attempts online, on 2 different servers, but still no end battle after the skaarj wave
and orbs are killed off. Exit door never opens.... Map is fantastic up to that point.

Limit Burst still seems a bit on the bright side, to the point you cant read any of the messages.
Spawned a number of times in a blue tunnel area with no escape that I could find. Had to
kill myself and hope to respawn back up on the platform/walkway.

@FXANBBS
Thanks for the link. That and the other RMusicPlayer post(s) should really have been
made in the RMusicPlayer thread..... Users like us are why I never wanted to be a
forum mod.
Mooo !

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016, 01:08

I'll be working on a coop/balance patch this month, look forward to it.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016, 17:07

MrLoathsome wrote:Update Re: Perditus Paradise.

3 more attempts online, on 2 different servers, but still no end battle after the skaarj wave
and orbs are killed off. Exit door never opens.... Map is fantastic up to that point.

Is there a golden orb floating in the middle of the arena? (Where Tonatiuh spawns basically)
ImageImage

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016, 18:53

UBerserker wrote:
MrLoathsome wrote:Update Re: Perditus Paradise.

Is there a golden orb floating in the middle of the arena? (Where Tonatiuh spawns basically)

There is a yellowish ring/orb portal looking thingy floating in the middle right above that
little platform. Never seen anything spawn from it.

Just retested again this morning twice. Once on my dedicated EXU server that has the
extra stuff spawning and a few other mutators on it, and again on a "clean" EXU server
that is only running 1 mutator. (BDBMapvote302) Same result on both.

*Edit.

Left the backup/test exu server up and running with the map empty if you want to check it out.
99.67.106.156:9777 (If somebody has changed maps, mutate bdbmapvote votemenu)

If you do try to connect, either rename or move your RMusicPlayer.u and RMusicPlayer.dll files
first. Use the versions of those files in the link FXANBBS posted if you want music.

If you need to test something on a live server, let me know. I can slam a test map on that
server quick.
Mooo !

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016, 19:24

Thanks. The info about the golden orb being there is useful enough, it's normal (it's in SP too) because that means Tonatiuh is at least in the map and something doesn't trigger his SpawnWhenTriggered order in Coop.
ImageImage

Previous Next