(I think it is cool... maybe you will too?)
What is it?
firetrucks.u is a code package designed to allow mappers to more easily create powerful narratives in Unreal 227. Well, it isn't THAT dependent on 227. 227i was still in development when a lot of this was coded, and it started development on 227h.
What does it do?
There are utilities for cutscenes, dialogue, complicated point-and-click adventure game sequences, a large number of triggers, and much more.
- Interact with actors in new and unprecedented ways with UseEventAssociator
- Have a chat with pawns (or other actors) with the all new DialogueNode class
- Create complex and powerful puzzle sequences and more with the deterministic finite automata suite (1000% easier than it sounds!)
- Special extra interactive inventory items and triggers for improved player inventory experience
- Complete rework of translator into Journal which not only hold old messages but can display images and much more
- Many new triggers subclasses for triggering in specific ways or performing in certain ways while triggered. Way too much stuff to list here
- MouseTriggers suite allowed dedicated mappers to create complex point and click adventure game like sequences
- Some new decoration classes because why not
- Even more!
Wasn't supposed to be for Weedrow 2?
Yeah, it was. I'd rather not talk about it in a public thread. PM me if you must discuss it.
Will it work with coop?
Certain things I know will break. Other stuff isn't tested at all. This was designed first and foremost for single player.
Is there any documentation?
Thanks to ividyon for the hosting!
Latest version: http://ebd.unrealsp.org/firetrucks/firetrucks_1_2_0.zip
old version: http://ebd.unrealsp.org/firetrucks/firetrucks_1_1_0.zip
older version: http://ebd.unrealsp.org/firetrucks/firetrucks_1_0_0.zip
trashbag latest version: http://ebd.unrealsp.org/trashbag/trashbag_1_1_0.zip
- ebd for being a shitty programmer
- Qtit/Z-Enzyme for the PawnTrigger class (which was edited a bit and renamed to avoid conflicts)
- Frieza for inspiration, motivation, and many sleepless nights on my end
- Jet v435 for for making me implement all these extra features so he could live out his dream of remaking some old game
- ividyon for generously providing hosting for the project
- smirth.. smrift... The OldUnreal crew and the 227 patch for breathing new life into this old game
- And the rest of the Weedrow 2 team
Known Bugs & Upcoming Changes
- None at the moment