UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

[u1] ShamuQuest

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: [u1] ShamuQuest

Post Posted: 21 May 2011, 15:18

Your particle engine, or your SDK overall can still be used for Forgotten Classics Bonus Pack, but ShamuQuest was stripped out of it and will be an Unreal 227 mod. The 227 patch allows numerous fine particle effects, if you'd like yours to be added to 227, contact Smirftsch, and he'll decide whether to add your particle stuff into 227 or not :) It is out of my hands. Anyhow, as far as UT goes, ShamuQuest may be considered cancelled for this platform. It will live in a form available for Unreal 227. I can explain all motives behind this decision, but it'll be a lengthy post. If you are interested, say the word.

EDIT: Major update!

The pack has been scrapped for UT, but will live in Unreal 227. That much you know.
The swordfighting system concept is scrapped, but two Skaarj bosses. With that in mind, if there is an animator/modeller available to, erm, upgrade the SkaarjWarrior model a bit, I'd be grateful for contacting me.
As I have said, the current (active) member list has been washed dry, but the startpost will contain details who is active and who did something in the past.
Dozey has joined the team as a mapper, the effects of his work, a Descentesque cavern is presented on the seven shots below.

I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar Dozey
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011, 00:24

I think that's good to resurrect projects like SQ which authors have disappeard long time ago. It will show that Unreal and Ut 99 still alive, and there is the best ocasion to use new 227 features.

BTW. This pictures show a very early beta version of map which is ugly and poor. I've made a lot of upgrades (emmiters, better architecture, trees..) Final version will be done in 1,5 week from today.
Return to Napali IV: Napali War Coming soon....
http://dozeyunreal.webs.com

seeker3
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011, 18:32

Dozey is that time frame for the complete project? I'm really looking forward to playing this.SQ was fun except for the bugs and crashes,so this version should be great! Great to see you involved in this and helping Del to finish it:)

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011, 20:47

No, it's just the map Dozey is making that is 1,5 weeks away.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

seeker3
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011, 21:01

Thanks Del,I was just hoping,lol

User avatar Dozey

Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011, 10:40

I would like to know when we'll continue this project Del.
Are U still active?

Torquemada
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011, 14:18

I for one hope he is. The original blew me away despite its problems, I'm anxious to get to play this. Please keep going guys. :)

I'd like to know the (I assume technical) reasons for making this a 227 only pack. The decision doesn't bother me the slightest, I much prefer playing packs in U1 rather than UT if possible, but the reasoning behind is interesting.

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011, 14:34

It's definitely still active, although I don't know anything about the general progress.
Formerly Mman

User avatar Dozey

Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011, 15:16

Torquemada wrote:I for one hope he is. The original blew me away despite its problems, I'm anxious to get to play this. Please keep going guys. :)

I'd like to know the (I assume technical) reasons for making this a 227 only pack. The decision doesn't bother me the slightest, I much prefer playing packs in U1 rather than UT if possible, but the reasoning behind is interesting.

The 227 include as you know a lot of upgrades. Better shadows, projectors, UIntegrity effects, static meshes, emmiters. I think that it's the best resolution for this mappack - visuallity will be better for sure in final effect.

Mman wrote:It's definitely still active, although I don't know anything about the general progress.

Have you still contact to him?? Cause I need to contact with him as fast as possible (I will leave the Unreal scene for a few months from some reasons)

User avatar Nalisavior

Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011, 04:20

Good luck with this project guys, An actual "finished" shamuquest would be amazing

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011, 13:58

Yeah.I think the mappack will coming soon. (:
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Dozey

Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011, 16:48

makemeunreal wrote:Yeah.I think the mappack will coming soon. (:

As I've been conversating with Delacroix in July, it looks like the SQ is on hold. We are working now in bigger project. So I think that we must wait a little ;)

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011, 17:41

Waiting is good.When it's done.
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

Torquemada
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011, 20:38

LOL, I must disagree, waiting is not good. But we have to do it anyway (and pay huge respect to the guys making these packs). I guess that's why they say patience is a virtue, not just a pastime. :)

Yea, "When It's Done" is a classic, from Holy Carmack days I think.

/ducks :D

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011, 22:01

:D Waiting is good.Duke Nukem Forever style When it's done isn't.

Previous Next