Scout-kun is a lie... right?

Creavion

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Creavion

Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017, 23:39

Does anyone know how to contact Creavion these days? I am interested in using some of his palm trees in my RyS remake, but I don't want to do so without his permission!
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: Creavion

Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017, 00:59

He moved to UT99.org, not sure if he's still around
ImageImage

Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017, 01:37

I sent him a PM at UT99.org, but I was just wondering if anyone had another e-mail/contact for him, since he hasn't posted there since 2013.

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017, 02:37

He says he's not active in UT99.org anymore. He has an account in moddb.com, though.
M'nali

Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017, 02:47

Diego96 wrote:He says he's not active in UT99.org anymore. He has an account in moddb.com, though.

The last time he logged in to his moddb account was also 2013. Has anyone heard from him at all since then?

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017, 11:46

I guess he's gone, he was already on the verge of leaving all the Unreal community back then.
ImageImage

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017, 12:15

Yeah, he's done with anything Unreal modding related and has moved over to Mario map creating which is rather for his own sake than for the wide public. I can contact him via his e-mail about your inquiry, but I'm pretty sure there will be no problems. This is from the FeelNaPali readme:
New Meshes : Yes, based on unreal textures, since the stock unreal/UT plants and
trees suck without end!
Some stuff is edited from UT2004 while other meshes are made from scratch.
In case of interest just credit me in your readme and everything is OK.
No need to contact me.

And if you wanna take something form Kamah, those are the credits of its ReadMe:
- Daniel "KaMi" for the 2 tropical meshes (afaik I converted those 2 meshes from an "official"
bonuspack 2 map by Epic, but regardless I credit him also)
- proof ... for the .. huge amount of tropical meshes.
(Honor to whom honoris due)

and this one seems important too (I remember having to credit it for my Unforchers, which used some of his collected plants and trees):
sinot - Far Cry AGM

I could notify him, anyway, if you please. I would give you his e mail adress but he's always been cautious about giving away private information.
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

gopostal
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017, 15:59

Crev got a lot of joy when people used his work. He never hesitated to let me when I asked him and we didn't like each other very much. If he said yes to me then for sure he wouldn't care if someone else used it. He did like credits though so be sure to add him into the mix somewhere.

Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017, 20:05

Thank you, editor Dave. I looked at those readme files, but missed that part of them. I guess I don't need his permission, but I will credit him and all those people in the readme file.

gopostal wrote:Crev got a lot of joy when people used his work. He never hesitated to let me when I asked him and we didn't like each other very much. If he said yes to me then for sure he wouldn't care if someone else used it. He did like credits though so be sure to add him into the mix somewhere.

Good to know. By now, people should recognize me as one of the biggest credit-givers around, since my readme files are always massive. Even people who only pitch a few sentences of advice often make it in to my readme files. :lol:

I always hate the thought that I might forget to mention someone and get an angry e-mail. So far it hasn't happened, thankfully.