This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

StarCraft BW is now free2play

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: StarCraft BW is now free2play

Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017, 14:33

https://starcraft.com/en-us/articles/20674424

Version 1.18 of StarCraft: Brood War. Notable changes include the addition of Observer mode, windowed modes (use Alt + Enter to switch between them), and a Popular Maps function to streamline finding games or game types. This is in addition to a range of UI improvements, bug fixes, anticheat capabilities, and menu behaviour when queueing for games online.

Be warned that Blizzard for some fucking braindead reason removed KEY BINDING.

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: StarCraft BW is now free2play

Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017, 20:30

UBerserker wrote:https://starcraft.com/en-us/articles/20674424

Version 1.18 of StarCraft: Brood War. Notable changes include the addition of Observer mode, windowed modes (use Alt + Enter to switch between them), and a Popular Maps function to streamline finding games or game types. This is in addition to a range of UI improvements, bug fixes, anticheat capabilities, and menu behaviour when queueing for games online.

Be warned that Blizzard for some fucking braindead reason removed KEY BINDING.

Holy shit, mate. I remember getting Starcraft and Starcraft: Brood War in a bundle for my 14th birthday back in 2003 - awesome times! I beat the Starcraft campaigns but have yet to finish the Zerg campaign in Brood War (only got to the 5th mission, then was hit by game fatigue). I have yet to dabble with Starcraft 2.

This might be a great opportunity to take care of unfinished business :twisted:
in a few weeks, when things calm down with respect to work

PS: I'm sure they'll fix the key binding issue, too. :rolleyes:

PPS: not much online for me - I just got my ass kicked :x
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.