Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

Borderlands 2

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject: Borderlands 2

Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012, 20:28

If you have been trying to speak to me since September 17 and I've been difficult to get in touch with, it has been because I have been working my ass off. It is also because every chance I've had a screen in front of my face I've been playing Borderlands 2.

Finished my first playthrough today with a buddy. Gotta say, this is easily the best game I've played all year. Everything I wanted in a Borderlands sequel, I got. Everything that was fun in the first game, I got, and I got it better. Everything that is new is an improvement. I have no complaints. I can't think of another game that has made me laugh so hard so often.

I haven't played it at all by myself, but if there is an argument to be made that COOP-only games can exist and be awesome then this is as good a candidate as I've played. I picked Zero because I picked Mordecai in the first game, and switching up my previous style of hanging back and sniping with running and going melee in the thick of it took me out of my comfort zone at first, but easily became my preferred playing style. I like how much better the characters play off each other in this one and was happy to respec my Zero depending on who I was playing with.

I can see that I will be playing this one for a while.

User avatar Jigoku
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: Borderlands 2

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012, 02:19

My friend got it early when it came out and played it for 14 hours I believe nonstop (bad). He felt dizzy afterwards. :O
Trying to get back into the swing of things.

User avatar Bombadilian
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord
Location: STILL hanging around the back of the Rikers wreck, wondering what the hell that buzzing noise is.

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012, 11:49

Agreed, massively good fun this. My only complaint is Claptrap's irritating voice, though I suspect it was designed to be as such.
"If that bitch in Cell 4A keeps looking at me funny, I swear I'm going to rip out her larynx!"

User avatar PromiserOfDeath
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013, 17:11

Just got the game 1 week ago on PC and Enjoying it very much.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013, 21:46

I haven't played in a while since my main cooping buddy refuses to play the third DLC until they do a level cap raise, but in that time I've been going at the Raid bosses with various players and completely outfitted my Zero with a mix of Legendary and Seraph gear.

Getting Vermivorous to spawn in order to get that Legendary Hunter mod was a good two week venture for me, and I still rarely see him appear. Hyperious and Pyro Pete are usually who I go up against to get crystals. My preferred build for Zero atm has me on critical hit priority, and my preferred guns are two variations of the Infinity (lightning and fire, it's the games rarest drop), the Pitchfork, the Unkempt Harold, and the Duke Nukem Derp Launcher from Torgue as my "in case shit" backup. Shields, I'll go between The Bee for bosses raids and a lvl 50 Firehawk Shield.

User avatar PromiserOfDeath
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013, 22:40

I haven't Bought the DLCs yet but I've been collecting some nice E-tech Weapons.