Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

Hard Reset

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar []KAOS[]Casey
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: Hard Reset

Post Posted: 13 Oct 2011, 10:00

I bought this game. Played it about 3 hours then became disinterested. Not sure why I have zero motivation to play anymore.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 13 Oct 2011, 11:17

Too bad people don't like good FPS games, instead we get overhyped shit like RAGE. Apparently People Can Fly gave help for this game, that's why it's pretty awesome.

Spend 30$ for this and SS3 when it gets released instead of 60$ for a bad game.

But if you have the X360, then buy Gears 3 right now.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 13 Oct 2011, 11:36

Also I defeated the first boss. It was like a shock, having boss battles like that in a FPS nowadays!
piss poor my ass :lol:
ImageImage

User avatar []KAOS[]Casey

Post Posted: 13 Oct 2011, 21:47

I used to really like these kind of games when I was younger, but I think when I made/co-developed a mod and server for unreal 1 that contained all this crazy shooting and stuff ala doom and played it for YEARS I grew tired of the genre. It's not a bad game, it just doesn't interest me anymore. If anything, $30 to those developers for breaking the current mold was well worth it.

diamond

Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012, 11:18

Hard Reset Extended Edition: http://www.gametrailers.com/game/hard-reset-extended-edition/16093
Looks like they've added a couple of new graphic effects, new flying enemies. And, I hope, better story!
But, fuck the story, I loved this game because of GAMEPLAY. Can't wait for this. I hope I'll be able to do it on Hard from beginning to end.

UBerserker, I wonder what was your experience with Hard Reset? How does it compare to SS3 for you? Personally, I dropped playing SS3 in front of pyramid. 10001-st headless idiot had bored me and I quieted playing it.
UBerserker wrote:Architecture doesn't need to detailed, it just needs to be right.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012, 11:37

SS3 is generally regarded as the superior game, and I totally agree with that. I played and completed all the modes for it and I still wanted to play more because it's DAMN CRAZY but I had to finish DX:HR and Skyrim :<
Damn, now I want to play SS3 again. I prefer tons of chaos and larger environments, and egyptian stuff.

Hard Reset felt pretty rushed in many areas (no crouch, the game ended all of a sudden, didn't feel much variety with weapons and enemies) though it definitely had greater graphics, better bosses battles and was much harder overall. Does this Extended edition works like a "Second Encounter" type of game or a proper Ultimate edition having both old and new missions?
I'll buy it regardless of what it is anyway since the FPS horizon of this year is completely dry.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 23 Mar 2012, 21:02

Okay I'm playing this on the highest difficulty and I don't know if the devs really tested it or you're supposed to buy certain upgrades
The bipedal claw/semi-rocket robots cannot be dodged, do shittons of damage and almost never die (or maybe because your weapons are just weak as hell) so basically it's all a Learn by Dying game.

I'll just lower down the difficulty because all I want to see is the new set of levels.
ImageImage

User avatar Gizzy

Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012, 13:34

Just played the demo yesterday, quite enjoyed it but I'm not sure it's worth £12 with the game being as short as I've heard

edit:lol200

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012, 18:16

Extended Edition (which now should be basically the only one on Steam) makes the game way longer than before. Maybe around 8 hours. Although the difficulty will easily extend playtime - I didn't lower it down actually because I'm now used to the hard fights. Having load of fun even if the game has a nasty amount of flaws.

Also, like SS3 BFE, Hard Reset got its own Survival mode too; no Coop and MP modes though. Many achievements are totally bullshit but I don't give a shit about achievements at all.
ImageImage

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012, 00:44

UBerserker wrote:Okay I'm playing this on the highest difficulty and I don't know if the devs really tested it or you're supposed to buy certain upgrades

Is that from starting fresh? I ended up liking the game a lot in the end, but on the higher settings (I played the second hardest) the first few levels are a massive slog unless you take exactly the right upgrades. The implementation of the upgrade system leaves a lot to be desired; once you've found a good mix of attacks it's fine, but it's basically guesswork until then, and some weapons seem almost useless compared to others.

It's too bad the extended edition is apparently retail only and not provided as some sort of free patch or discounted DLC, unless something changed.
Formerly Mman

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012, 01:13

Fresh of course. I grabbed the Extended Edition. Right now I'm at the beginning of Climax (the final level of the first part of the game)

But yeah looks like you definitely need to buy specific upgrades for the first levels, especially for the plasma weapon. Get quickly the mortar and its secondary fire to be able to block/dispatch group of enemies, and the grenade launcher as a early-game heavy weapon. Then bother with the Smart Gun, Railgun and RPG and their secondary modes/enhancements. Shotgun and Arc Electric Shocker are plain useless but you need them if you want the Railgun and the RPG. Never used the Mines.
Don't forget to buy upgrades for Ammo, Health and Shield when necessary. Radar upgrades can be totally ignored while the normal Adrenaline mode is enough.

The game definitely is more fun in the later maps since at least you got more tools and powers (also the levels themselves are plain better). And you can almost get all the upgrades before the final (now second) boss.

EDIT: The charge shot is near-essential as well. Does loads of damage when fully charged, can stun machines and explosion radius is quite big. Though it takes a while to get used too because if you release the shot too early you'll shoot nothing and all the ammo go to waste.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012, 20:27

Wow fuck that Crawler but still managed to beat him OR MORE LIKE beating his robots. Spamming and cheap tactics are the only ways to win in this game.

Anyway I am now in the first level of the Barren section and looking at the first cutscene and at the list of achievements, your enemies aren't the robots only. The new levels were definitely made later since there are various changes and new stuff (Fletcher speaks in-game, EMP barrels, vacuum cleaners to suck robots in, etc...). The mini-choppers can now fly onto you and are overall stronger than before.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012, 17:12

Finished the game

[spoiler]The final boss is a big vacuum cleaner. End of story.
Don't bother with the extended edition unless you're a big fan of the game, seriously. Original section aka Bezoar is always great in its own rights.[/spoiler]
Last edited by UB_ on 03 Jun 2016, 18:49, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016, 18:44

Yo the redux ver is out now, 10% sale as well!

85% discount also if you own any old version of Hard Reset or even the new Shadow Warrior game.
ImageImage

Previous