Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

Hard Reset

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

diamond
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Hard Reset

Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011, 15:39

I wonder why nobody has mentioned this game so far here.
It is PC exclusive with so-called PC-exclusive-graphics. Authors claim it to be old-skool and it is old-skool gameplay wise.
It features arcade elements - collecting money for upgrades, searching for secrets and so on.

I've played through it on Hard difficulty and now I'm at the Last Boss Fight stage. Well, it took me a small flashback (I've replayed one level) because of wrong choice of upgrades.

I would say that Hard difficulty is damn hard but damn worthy. I celebrated almost every next checkpoint reached, and that is rewarding, if you understand.

If someone has played / is playing it, lets talk! I'm interested in what weapons and upgrades you like to invest - some of them seems to be utterly useless.

Here is a walkthrough of it made on Hard difficulty by some GameFront staff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRoVi9YA54U&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SP77061512BAF2EBA8.
It proves that it is completely possible to accomplish it on this difficulty, but won't be an easy task. Sometimes guy is totally relaxing because certain combination of level layouts and weapons are ridiculously good against certain enemies. The playlist is missing some videos at the end, you can find them on YouTube though.
UBerserker wrote:Architecture doesn't need to detailed, it just needs to be right.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: Hard Reset

Post Posted: 04 Oct 2011, 16:05

I still want to know if the devs did something more than focusing on just graphics. The demo was downright terrible, but still better than DNF.
Either way, I'll buy SS3.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 07 Oct 2011, 20:40

Decided to get this. Not a bad way to wait until SS3 is out.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 07 Oct 2011, 22:50

Hey Diamond is there a way to not lose your older saves? (copying those files from the profile folder??)
ImageImage

diamond

Post Posted: 08 Oct 2011, 17:03

UBerserker wrote:Hey Diamond is there a way to not lose your older saves? (copying those files from the profile folder??)

I don't know. I didn't care about that.

UBerserker wrote:Architecture doesn't need to detailed, it just needs to be right.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011, 14:20

How much hard is HARD compared to Normal?
I'm playing through Normal and it's really tough getting killed. The Plasma weapon is basically this game's Dispersion Pistol and when upgraded it owns about everything (but the RPG isn't too bad).
ImageImage

diamond

Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011, 15:00

For me, it is really easy to get killed on HARD. Things are getting worse as you proceed, don't worry.
Can you switch difficulty now? I'm afraid that game allows you to switch to lower difficulty levels only. That means, you can't switch to Easy, complete the tough room and proceed on Hard further. At first, I missed those difficulty tabs in Load dialog - they clearly show how much progress you have made on each difficulty.

User avatar Bombadilian
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord
Location: STILL hanging around the back of the Rikers wreck, wondering what the hell that buzzing noise is.

Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011, 19:19

diamond wrote:I wonder why nobody has mentioned this game so far here.

Maybe because it's piss poor.
"If that bitch in Cell 4A keeps looking at me funny, I swear I'm going to rip out her larynx!"

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011, 21:51

SmotPoker wrote:Maybe because it's piss poor.

Maybe because you don't know what "poor" marketing is.
ImageImage

User avatar Raven
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011, 11:35

Played the demo and it was outstanding, definitely going to buy this one after I'm done with Rage.
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

diamond

Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011, 13:36

It is not flawless, but hard/fun battles you will encounter during the game, are worthy.
What you should like it because is gameplay - it is pretty oldskool. There is no pussy cover and shooting enemies in front of you like you're at the shooting range. Enemies often attack you from behind (a bit annoying, yeah). Is it fun to have a monster rushing at you like Tank from L4D? Of course not! But 2 of them, with bunch of mofos showering you with rockets from above, explosive barrels and electricity in every corner (identically good both for you and enemies), spiced with ammo and health scattered over the arena (yes, the INITIAL amount of health AND ammo won't be enough to complete the battle) - that is the fun! Oh, and did I mention that big guys destroy obstacles so you're getting lesser and lesser things to get them stuck?

And, what about rocket-shooting boss? Every game has one, but how much rockets must he shoot so the battle is fun? Hmm. Lets say, 10 at once! And, naturally, there should be 2 of them at once.

Playing Hard Reset, usually you run like fuck from some hiding spot to some pickup, firing at everything that moves.

diamond

Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011, 13:46

Oh, and I recommend to start it on Hard difficulty. You'll be always able to downgrade to Normal or Easy.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011, 14:20

The RL robots are badass enemies.
ImageImage

diamond

Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011, 16:00

In fact, there are some tactics which work well against them. I found that running towards them between rockets is pretty efficient if you manage not to catch one. Trying to lean left or right usually gives no results.

User avatar Bombadilian
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord
Location: STILL hanging around the back of the Rikers wreck, wondering what the hell that buzzing noise is.

Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011, 19:09

UBerserker wrote:
SmotPoker wrote:Maybe because it's piss poor.

Maybe because you don't know what "poor" marketing is.

I have played Hard Reset...

I think...
"If that bitch in Cell 4A keeps looking at me funny, I swear I'm going to rip out her larynx!"

Next