Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

EXU2: Batshit Insane - Demo 3

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 21:19

More minor remarks

- Perhaps move the Piddledoper recharger in Map 1 to the medical room before the Serious Sam sequence? That's where I ran out of piddle..dope.

- Barrel 'o' Fun: Can you make it so it doesn't instantly activate if you are switched to it because your other gun ran out of ammo? Happened to me a few times

- The Shitgun altfire has a habit of rocketing MASSIVE monsters into the air, disregarding their MASSIVENESS. Intended?

- Speaking of MASSIVENESS, how about a little reward for killing the two Boss Pupae on Map 2? Like, some ammo cartridges and health. If you don't want to put up with them you can shitgun them out of the map or just ignore them, so why would you do it?

- I've noticed a few monsters around the Vortex Rikers bugging out. One ambushing Brute to the right of the Vortex exit never moved and instantly disappeared when I shot him, same with some Skaarj on top of the spacecraft.

Didn't get over Map 2 yet..
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 21:32

Downloading V3...

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 21:40

Waffnuffly wrote:[Edit] I can't reproduce this on my end. If it is reproducible for you with 100% accuracy, even after reloading the map, tell me exactly what you do to trip it.

I did reload the map and tried it again and this time I didn't have the problem. I think it may have been a bad translocator destination point or something like you said. Sorry about that...

but now it seems I may have ran into another bug (or i'm missing something here). I wasn't able to end the Terranuix remake because I got the translator message saying "You cannot end until the ICBM's have left the launch pad." I went down the pipes and hit both the buttons, but it seems that the rockets didn't launch like they should have (or shouldn't have.. I don't know). Is there a separate launch button somewhere for them? I had to ghost to the end to finish the map.. but I made a backup save in case this isn't a bug and I missed something.

[edit] and oh.. by the way.. I didn't realize that if your translocator disc takes damage you also will get insta killed when translocating? If this is the case, then most likely this was the cause.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 21:45

jackrabbit wrote:[edit] and oh.. by the way.. I didn't realize that if your translocator disc takes damage you also will get insta killed when translocating? If this is the case, then most likely this was the cause.

This is the main thing you have to look out when using the Translocator. Watch out also at the monsters with damaging personal shields - translocating into them means "death" (but who wants to be cheap by telefragging enemies?).
ImageImage

User avatar jackrabbit

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 21:55

UBerserker wrote:
jackrabbit wrote:[edit] and oh.. by the way.. I didn't realize that if your translocator disc takes damage you also will get insta killed when translocating? If this is the case, then most likely this was the cause.

This is the main thing you have to look out when using the Translocator. Watch out also at the monsters with damaging personal shields - translocating into them means "death" (but who wants to be cheap by telefragging enemies?).

tbh.. it really is a burden to telefrag in most cases in EXU, because:

1. you need damn good aim
2. if its a group of enemies.. you will be attacked by all non targets while attempting to telefrag

I think the most useful telefrag was in Nyleve remake with that Mega Mercenary boss. That was actually pretty tough without using the translocator.. I learned that the hard way.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 22:01

sana wrote:- Perhaps move the Piddledoper recharger in Map 1 to the medical room before the Serious Sam sequence? That's where I ran out of piddle..dope.

- Barrel 'o' Fun: Can you make it so it doesn't instantly activate if you are switched to it because your other gun ran out of ammo? Happened to me a few times

- The Shitgun altfire has a habit of rocketing MASSIVE monsters into the air, disregarding their MASSIVENESS. Intended?

- Speaking of MASSIVENESS, how about a little reward for killing the two Boss Pupae on Map 2? Like, some ammo cartridges and health. If you don't want to put up with them you can shitgun them out of the map or just ignore them, so why would you do it?

- I've noticed a few monsters around the Vortex Rikers bugging out. One ambushing Brute to the right of the Vortex exit never moved and instantly disappeared when I shot him, same with some Skaarj on top of the spacecraft.

- Funny you say that, because that's exactly where I DID place a piddle charger! Remember to explore with that translocator; there are TONS of items in EXU in places that were out of reach in Unreal ;)

- Yeah this is because the barrel mesh has no animation and, thus, you throw it instantly. I'll try to work something out to prevent this though.

- lol, yeah that is intended. There are some enemies that don't LOOK massive which actually are (so you can't push them away easily); you'll run into those later. Giant pupae that you can shoot across the map is a throwback to EXU1's absurdity.

- I guess I could add some kind of item drop for those guys.

Thanks for the feedback :)

jackrabbit wrote:I wasn't able to end the Terranuix remake because I got the translator message saying "You cannot end until the ICBM's have left the launch pad."

Remember the messages you get from the Seraphim's captain? You need to destroy those missiles, as they are a threat to your allies' ship. Shoot them with something like the Hell Gun primary and stand well back (as far back as you can get is safe).

jackrabbit wrote:I think the most useful telefrag was in Nyleve remake with that Mega Mercenary boss. That was actually pretty tough without using the translocator.. I learned that the hard way.

There you go! That fight is really hard from a conventional standpoint, but if you are sneaky and you telefrag the bastard, it's over immediately. Learning when to use the translocator tactically is a very powerful skill in EXU, but like you said, you definitely can't rely on it.

User avatar Jethro
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 23:29

Just started my playthrough. Framerates in intro map vary from 35 fps ('normal' areas), 20 fps (basic training room) to ~5 fps (Unreal ending corridor). I guess my computer is old piece of junk :/ But I'll try to play around with particle emitter and OpenGL settings...

As for the gameplay - I'm still in Vortex Rikers, and not much changed here since Demo 1. Pretty challenging with all those Cyborg Midvives and Security Brutes!

As for bug reports: encountered the same bug as Sanastro reported with Quadshot and Contact Beam seems to sometimes charge up to 101%, but that's minor I guess. Oh, and If you don't charge CB to 100% it simply don't shoot. Is that intentional? I guess you told it'll work but with minor effect.

Oh, and some feedback: I tried out all battle flares in firing range. SO I threw ~20 of them close to Queen, shoot them and... died because those damn DP-shooting bouncing things shot me numberless times. I guess battle flares won't be amoung my favourities. Also, why on earth neither of Hellgun's firing modes consume 1 ammo? You can't utilize your whole ammo amount because of that!
UBerserker wrote:Story: totally guessed that Skeletor was the thief.

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 23:40

Jethro wrote:Oh, and If you don't charge CB to 100% it simply don't shoot. Is that intentional?
(...)
Oh, and some feedback: I tried out all battle flares in firing range. SO I threw ~20 of them close to Queen, shoot them and... died because those damn DP-shooting bouncing things shot me numberless times. I guess battle flares won't be amoung my favourities. Also, why on earth neither of Hellgun's firing modes consume 1 ammo? You can't utilize your whole ammo amount because of that!

Yes, the CB must be maximally charged before it will fire, just like the one in Dead Space. The only part of the CB that isn't completely working correctly is the visual effects; the gun itself is perfectly fine.

And well yeah, if you throw 20 flares in one area, especially hyper flares, you will die. :P You're supposed to be careful with them! They are very very dangerous to use if you just toss them around without any thought. They are better for clearing out rooms before you have been noticed by bouncing them off walls.

I suppose you make a good point about the Hell Gun (and the Clusterfucker does this too), but it's so incredibly unlikely you will ever run low enough on ammo for this to be a problem that I don't see myself changing it. I could divide the total amount of ammo by 3 and then have the alt use 5 per shot and the primary use 1, but I think the fact it uses 3 per shot makes it feel different than if it used one. If it becomes a real problem for people I can adjust this, though. The Clusterfucker, however, uses 3 per shot and then 8 per shot, which isn't something easily divisible, so that one definitely won't be changed.

Thanks for the feedback!

User avatar ElectricIce

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 23:42

Thanks for the Skins, but there seems to be some skins missing, for the Ork, Spacemarine, chaos lord, Khorne berzerker and the Spacemarine2k4 and the Chaose spacemarine skin are like wrong they look like the Aspiring champion

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 23:43

They don't have skins; they just use the Chaos Marine skins because EBM and I were far too lazy to go make new skins. :P We just made new voicepacks and I made new player classes based on the Chaos Marine or Space Marine so I could change the hit/death sounds.

You can PM me if you have any other issues with that, but it's not related to EXU so lets stay on topic :I
Last edited by Buff Skeleton on 11 Feb 2009, 23:51, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar ElectricIce

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 23:49

yeah i just noticed that some of the classes Change skin and that they do not look the same ingame as it does showing :P

Ripper
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Feb 2009, 01:46

Ok, been playing for a while and am now on Map 3 on Medium. I just wondering, if the stone caskets in the screenshot below is openable by any chance.

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt31 ... 1234399530

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Feb 2009, 01:59

Yes, but most of them only on Unreal. They open depending on whether or not you kill certain enemies that appear on the hardest difficulty as a reward for playing at the highest settings. That said, there is definitely one which opens at all difficulties (and it has the best loot).

User avatar jackrabbit

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Feb 2009, 02:32

I got to the arch demon layer in the passage remake and I'm getting some major frame rate issues here. I'm guessing its because of all the particle effects? I set the uelite.ini ParticleDensity=.25000 but I'm still getting 15 fps in that area. I could see this coming because in the demo map the particle room was the only one where I was getting frame rate issues as well. Also, right when the arch demon stuck his head out, I GPF'd (Galaxy freaked out apparently) I'm using OpenGL renderer.

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Feb 2009, 02:33

Yeah, particle effects are the cause. You can limit the distance, too, or type "killall plumeA" if it's really bad.

Previous Next