Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

Unreal-Search:Prelude

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

dinwitty
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009, 05:22

quickcheck the suit was protecting me in the liquid nitrogen

I noted in god mode it was damaging me (but no damage in godmode) normally I was fine

you should also notice you swim much faster in nitrogen so you should be able to move rather quickly thru the liquid nitrogen.

nope the exit is not easy to find. Its there. (sneaky grin)

btw the music in that level was meant for that level.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009, 10:17

dinwitty wrote:quickcheck the suit was protecting me in the liquid nitrogen

I noted in god mode it was damaging me (but no damage in godmode) normally I was fine

you should also notice you swim much faster in nitrogen so you should be able to move rather quickly thru the liquid nitrogen.

nope the exit is not easy to find. Its there. (sneaky grin)

btw the music in that level was meant for that level.

OK, I tried again and it does protect (I had experienced that) but I don't know how for long and it's certainly not forever. Just as before after some time (± 2 minutes?) it seems the suit doesn't work anymore (or the scubagear is deplenished) and I drown/fry/freeze.
Anyway, godded and ghosted through the pipes to look for that exit to no avail again.

I don't know how hard it is to add some things to tis level (other level could also benefit similarly) but a few more translator messages giving hints as to where to look for the exit would be great.

Ah BTW I forgot to mention that the famous marine battle was changed to something much much better and the surprise appearance of a boss there was pleasing (although it looks a lot harder than it actually is).

dinwitty

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009, 12:23

if you found the nitrogen generators, your almost there, and I got there safely.

Be sure to save before nabbing the suit.

If you are moving correctly, the music changes slightly.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009, 17:26

dinwitty wrote:if you found the nitrogen generators, your almost there, and I got there safely.

Be sure to save before nabbing the suit.

If you are moving correctly, the music changes slightly.

Thanks, finally found it (but I'm still disoriented :rolleyes: ).

And as I thought a Slith tried to stop me which explains why I thought the suit didn't protect me enough or the scuba gear ran out of power. After finding the exit I played again (no god mode this time) and died at exactly the same spot I did last time - damn Slith - so no hiccups in my system and no fault with the map - just my fault. Then tried again and got surprised by the Slith again - is it me or is that bastard always in hiding?

Anyway - the map is perfectly doable but will never be a favorite of mine. (I still feel there should be more hints to the exit in the map itself).

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009, 19:33

I'm downloading this, but I can't really play it at the moment as I'm currently midway through RtNP itself, linked to my travelogues. I'll have to wait. The project would probably benefit from a review, though, if anyone's up for doing one (whoever volunteers should discuss with me how the existing retail content used should be taken into account in the review / score).
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009, 22:02

Okay I got to the second map (the first RTNP map that is, after the gateway map) and when I left the entry area for the terrain zone, an orange firebug...or something...flew into me and crashed the game.

:/

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009, 00:08

Mister_Prophet wrote:... an orange firebug...or something...flew into me and crashed the game.

You'll meet more new flying things. Didn't crash with me but then again I can't be sure I ever bumped into one - something I'll try tomorrow.

BTW I've seen 3 new environmental animals now (firebug is the first) and they are worth it, especially the "cave-dweller" which enhances the atmosphere (you'll know what I mean once you get there).

dinwitty

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009, 09:06

Mister_Prophet wrote:Okay I got to the second map (the first RTNP map that is, after the gateway map) and when I left the entry area for the terrain zone, an orange firebug...or something...flew into me and crashed the game.

:/

what version unreal?

updated vidcard drivers?

will check on the version

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009, 09:32

Playing it through UT oldskool.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009, 12:02

Mister_Prophet wrote:Playing it through UT oldskool.

Can't confirm the crash with UnrealGold (the Unreal part) on 227f OpenGL

rikkihardy
Pupae Pupae

Subject: Mac user (don't hit me!)

Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009, 00:50

PowerBook OS X - Ut 436 using oldskool.
Those really cool red firebugs crash the game if I touch them or try to kill them.
Also the door beside "Terra-Sun Mining Station (South)" doesn't open.
Sure, I can ghost through it, and it opens later anyway when I push a button or kill some baddie somewhere on the other side, but that's presumably not the idea. I seem to remember the same problem when I played RTNP a year or two back...
Although it was stated that you don't need RTNP to play this, I had to get 4 or 5 rtnp sound files from my Unreal Gold disc before the game would go further than my meeting with that nice girl who can't be fragged.
Will the PC be obsolete before Mac gaming is no longer a joke? (Just asking...)

asgard12000

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009, 22:00

Can you post your log please?

I'll have a look to see why its crashing

Cheers
UMSSpaceMarine, Jurassic, MonsterSpawn, AKcoop, Spinner, Predator, RTNP2U, Firestorm

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Nov 2009, 22:45

Finished the pack and I must say...

The ending was even worse than in RNTP.

I tried the ending a couple of times and each time the Warlord appeared and after a couple of shots just went away and didn't return. The Mantas were frightening at first but stand no chance due to the balconies.
The only real problem at that stage is lack of heady duty ammo (probably my fault because I never really spared my ammo).

On the whole I think this pack is just about equal in quality with RTNP, a couple of maps were changed for the better (definately), others for the worse. The removal of the marines made that (in)famous map a lot more enjoyable, but the ending map has inferior gameplay.

I think if a mixture were made of these maps and RTNP to make a new RTNP it could be on par with Unreal itself (and if the ending map could be changed to The Last Fortress then... 8) )

User avatar shawnd123
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010, 12:37

I think I encountered a bug........
When I'm in the level right after Cyrox, I noticed that when I went up one of the lifts, I came close to one of those bat thingies (Cave Dwellers?), and...........BOOM!!!! I lost most of my weapons out of nowhere! Sometimes, even the DP vanishes! (there goes the crate-breaker)

And btw, Cyrox is very annoying. I believe that there is a walkthrough posted of it in the Unreal Beta guide section.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010, 12:59

It has been added with the latest USP news. Once you fully complete Cryox two or three times it will become a cakewalk.
ImageImage

Previous Next