Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

[u1] ShamuQuest

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject: Re: [ut] [u1] ShamuQuest

Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 13:21

Please refer to the template at the Upcoming Maps announcement.

Code: Select all

[b]Developer:[/b] (Your name or your team's name)
[b]Status:[/b] (Just Announced / Developing / Beta Testing / Released / On Hold / Cancelled)
[img][/img] [img][/img]
[img][/img] [img][/img]
[b]Synopsis:[/b] (A brief description of the story)
[b]Features:[/b] (A brief summary of the key features, e.g. map count, new weapons etc.)
[b]Latest News:[/b] (The most recent updates on development - keep it to one brief paragraph.)
[b]Links:[/b] (Relevant links to project web site or hosted forum)

Things you could move to the second post include:
- the full team roster (leaving only the team name for the overview)
- news (leaving only a short summary of the newest happening in the project)
- the full story introduction (leaving a synopsis)
- the map list

Please understand that out of fairness to other teams, everyone should have tweaked entries in order not to take up the entire Upcoming Maps page. :) There's a few other projects disregarding the template, which is a bit of a shame... it may be my OCD kicking in here, but I think a tidy website is nice to have!
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 13:54

sana wrote:it may be my OCD kicking in here, but I think a tidy website is nice to have!

I guess I'll try to follow that :D Heh, now I get what's behind your old avatar. Urge to keep things tidy... I'll be sure to do this today.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 18:55

I've deleted my post from the beginning of the thread. That means you have two consecutive posts, so you can easily move the additional info across while keeping it consecutive.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Delacroix

Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 19:52

Thank you, will do it in an hour or two.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar ividyon

Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010, 20:33

Just reminding you of that again!

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010, 02:16

I've decided to update the OP myself. I have the original post backed up if Delacroix wants to post it elsewhere here or extract certain bits of information. I also had to come up with a team name myself so it'll probably need changing to a more appropriate one.

The story might still be big, but RD and a few others have stories around the same length so hey.

Edit: Screenshot format changed.

Edit2: Why doesn't sshot work on the upcoming maps page? Guess I'll leave it for now and hope it can be fixed, otherwise I'll have to go back to the original format for them.

Edit3: Shots reverted for now.
Formerly Mman

cornel001
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010, 21:13

Do you mind if I post some technical question here abou shamuquest ? I started playing sbegin1 and sbegin2 and now I'm entering the third... I'd like to play it for curiosity before you finish your project (btw very great job to overtake on this and fix and complete it, I like the 2 maps I played until now), so I got this problem :

Note: This map follows on from Nak'halinra Peak and Valley of Eelhandra, and you will require weapons there acquired. I have reviewed this map as from the perspective of having played both of these seperately released maps first. I have also assumed that you have popped into UnrealEd and fixed the linking error existing at the end of Valley of Eelhandra, and are therefore able to play all three maps as a sequence. :P

Hellscrag 'review quoted. So, what do I need to fix in UnrealEd ? Or is there a map already fixed for download ?
Unreal addict

User avatar Delacroix

Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010, 23:26

I never needed to fix that, seems I have a fixed ver already. :D

User avatar ividyon

Post Posted: 24 Jan 2011, 22:43

Edited to follow guidelines

seeker3
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011, 18:57

So is this project dead?

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011, 22:48

I've been wondering the same thing. Really a shame if it is, I think the project was really based upon a very humble and honest idea (even if Chico couldn't be contacted in the end).

User avatar Delacroix

Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011, 20:17

I'd love to revive it, but I need people to get back to me. Doublez-Down, the mapper, is pretty much unreachable, as for the coding OR animations for the new Skaarj types no-one popped up genuinely.

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011, 12:07

Delacroix wrote:I'd love to revive it, but I need people to get back to me. Doublez-Down, the mapper, is pretty much unreachable, as for the coding OR animations for the new Skaarj types no-one popped up genuinely.

if it's the same Doublez-Down, he posted here http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/members/109648/
2 days ago, perhaps you can reach him there.

User avatar Delacroix

Post Posted: 18 May 2011, 00:08

There is a chance for SQ to be authentically resumed, with RoninMastaFX resurfacing and actively debugging the original maps and Evil Blue Dude agreeing on mapping out the Black Swamp, along with the castle ruins there and the formidable Citadel of Ice. All remaining crew positions are now vacant due to the crewmembers' absence.

User avatar Shadow
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Re: [u1] ShamuQuest

Post Posted: 18 May 2011, 20:09

I'm still active, programming the particle engine, which should have it's debute in this mod :D

Previous Next