UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

[v7.2] G59

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: [v7] G59 -Episode 1-

Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017, 21:23

Alright, I made it this time. I even got the useless flare and everything :D
I'll be waiting till Ep. 2.
M'nali

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017, 21:19

Cool I hope you enjoyed the enhanced Tonatiuh experience
Also finally posted some screenshots of the EP1 maps at the end of the first post.

Patch 7.1 that has been released for EXU2 won't impact G59 in any way. It also comes with Ultrabag code fixes! This means that one day I can apply those fixes too to the Gatekeepers so they'll stop with their annoyingly erratic attack behavior.

Bunch of stuff that I didn't mention because too spoilery:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017, 03:22

Will the items carry over or will it be a fresh start?
M'nali

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017, 12:05

Diego96 wrote:Will the items carry over or will it be a fresh start?

It's one whole campaign always, basically the roadblocks to the exit points get removed. Yes, this means you would have to ghost through that locked door, since the entrance corridor and exit point are already there working. Next time I'll probably don't put those roadblocks anymore.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017, 00:17

Updated the first post with the music credits in the information section (spoilerbox) for what has been decided so far.

Also the overhaul on Map 4, the Manitou (formerly EMD, last reminder), is doing great. Just finished working on the geometry for the first part of the level, the one prior to the original entrance area of Cryox.

Pic below - what it is now vs what it was before

Hitting quite a high amount of nodes and there are a lot of other new areas I have planned for the map. Hopefully I'll stay away from the node limit as much as possible since I'll be getting rid of some useless and especially unstable areas of the original level.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017, 00:38

Great news! The Manitou overhaul is finally done and will be tested once a bunch of more other maps will be revamped.

This was the old piece of shit

How it is now

Has become one of the biggest EXU2 behemoths ever made. Of the original Cryox there's nothing much left aside the general layout and the ending underwater part - there are new sectors, no more tiny narrow underwater pipes, no more portals (instead there are quick teleport pods that take you back to the entrance area), a second floor and all the pre-existing areas have been totally overhauled, especially the section where the Commander resides. The assassin creature got also a minor but unexpected visual change. An ambient song by Xenofish will also play after the Demon ambush showdown which is brilliant.

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017, 01:41

Nice. I'm playing BI right now and learning a bunch of stuff. Just one question: Do you have any other threads lying around UT99, OldUnreal or Moddb?
M'nali

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017, 08:41

Diego96 wrote:Nice. I'm playing BI right now and learning a bunch of stuff. Just one question: Do you have any other threads lying around UT99, OldUnreal or Moddb?

Only here.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017, 14:05

Taking a mini-break and in the meantime I've already done the ultra-quick changes to the first episode's maps for when episode 2 will be released:

• GENERAL CHANGES - The Magatsu texture packs have been removed.
  • Desperate Dystopia - Slightly less enemies now appear on Easy difficulty.
  • The Limbo - All DemonFuckers and DemonWarlords are filtered off from Easy difficulty.
  • The Limbo - Removed a group of Coop-only DemonPupae.
  • The Limbo - Removed an unused thing factory with its spawnpoint.
  • The Limbo - Added one more ClusterShockFlare in the final valley.
  • The Limbo - Gatekeepers didn't have applied sounds for their attacks. It's fixed now.
  • The Limbo - Added a Coop-only Translocator for the second checkpoint area.
  • Chemical Purifier Boundary - Removed the hidden Magatsu textures.
  • Chemical Purifier Boundary - Removed the EXUThighPads in the Boundary's Edge area.
  • God of the Sun - The ExcessiveBioTentacles in the storage now appear on Hard/Unreal only.

That's it. The released levels are already fleshed out as much as I can and no more major changes will be planned for them. This will be the same for the rest of the campaign.

About the Magatsu texture packages: don't get rid of them now because map 2 requires them to run (and this is why I made the change above). Once episode 2 is out, feel free to get rid of G59MG_Queen.utx and G59MG_Skaarj.utx from your textures folder. They are going out of commission.

Finally, don't expect Episode 2 any time soon. Once that's done I'll stop touching G59 for a while; haven't decided yet if the second half of the campaign should be released in one go or in two separate episodes (I'm probably going with the former). The first half of G59 is really good enough anyway, so it can stay like that for months after Ep2 is live!

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017, 13:06

Looking great UB!

► Show Spoiler
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017, 14:29

Sat42 wrote:Looking great UB!

► Show Spoiler

The mostly "joke" names have been changed to serious ones for consistency.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018, 00:06

First pic of 2018

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018, 02:46

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE
I grant you the ultimate power!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018, 15:08

G59's entire new GST is now listed in the mainpage's spoilerbox in respect to the three involved artists.
35 tracks, 666 MB, almost five hours of length, extremely thought-out choices - probably the strongest custom track selection for any Unreal mod ever. The songs play a big part in G59 since most of the level design is influenced after them.
All the listed songs are, once again, all downloadable for free from the respective album releases or websites, and I added the links to them too.

As for the next episode, things are looking great and release might be just way before the end of January. Balance testing will be the toughest part since as many people know, it's about a group of levels with very unusual gameplay.

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018, 17:18

Gonna go with Fxanbss and say
HYPE
M'nali

Previous Next