Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

== Version 7.2 [3-10-2018] Discussion ==

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: == Version 7.0 [10-31-2017] Discussion ==

Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017, 17:46

UT menu music still takes over silence at the beginning of Map 1.
Also it says that I have enabled offline coop mode on the scoreboard when I didn't touch anything - where's the setting again?
EDIT: Fixed, strange it was actually on
ImageImage

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017, 18:08

That's my bad probably. Left it on in EXU.ini, derp. I'll have to upload another fix for that :V

Oh, also noticed some GameInfo settings in EXU.ini that should have been blanked or reset to default, like the Admin password and game password settings. I blanked those out. That might explain the issue Rubie had, actually. That's also included in the fix.

You can make the change yourself right now by opening up EXU.ini and editing anything that seems stupid, including other gameplay toggles as you see fit. Most of them are commented to explain what they do!

Keep the bug reports coming folks. This is super helpful. And thank you!

User avatar UTNerd24
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017, 00:21

UBerserker wrote:
Diego96 wrote:Oh sh*t. I didn't expect this.

Will this break Ubi's G59 camapign if I install it over it?

I might not probably update it at all, not worth the time.
Already figured out all the overlay actors are broken and I can't pinpoint where I used that stuff; let alone the fact it's likely one of the many things that broke.
You all had a solid one year to play it, things eventually have to change. The amount of feedback I got on the final release was microscopic (like 2-3 ppl max cared) and for this reason I won't touch it.

That's ok though so now I can finally stop ignoring Batshit Insane unlike last year where I had to waste all my time on G59 development instead of playing it, lol

Don't put yourself down, mate. I reckon the job you did on those maps was phenomenal. Dont just go out of action now! Sure, the campaign may be broken, but with a new update you have plenty of new possibilities!

Found another bug by the way. One of the masks in the secret passage to the simulator in Blackness is solid, making it impossible to proceed without noclipping.

Another ISR by the way. This time, after shooting a Bioflare it was something along the lines of "Pupae.TakeDamage"

Im not saying my PC is crap, but I really wish you included some low-end options. All I can really do at the moment is type "Set shitblob lifespan 0.01" at the start of each map and it can get a bit annoying.

The Demon Signal Flare's Texture is corrupted, too. It looks like Kurgan's "Monster" skin.
Pls play Unreal

Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017, 05:10

It's nearly 2018, man. You need to get with the times if your PC can't run EXU without extreme slowdown. The engine isn't exactly perfect either, so even on modern hardware it can get choppy, but my 10-year-old desktop can run it fine.

And there ARE options for lower-end systems. Have you set your min desired framerate? Have you checked EXU.ini and uelite.ini and tweaked those settings? Turned off high detail actors? If not even that helps then there's really nothing more that can be done besides upgrading hardware to something within the last decade.

As for that blockage, can you take a screenshot of where it is?

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017, 05:40

UTNerd24 wrote:
UBerserker wrote:
Diego96 wrote:Oh sh*t. I didn't expect this.

Will this break Ubi's G59 camapign if I install it over it?

I might not probably update it at all, not worth the time.
Already figured out all the overlay actors are broken and I can't pinpoint where I used that stuff; let alone the fact it's likely one of the many things that broke.
You all had a solid one year to play it, things eventually have to change. The amount of feedback I got on the final release was microscopic (like 2-3 ppl max cared) and for this reason I won't touch it.

That's ok though so now I can finally stop ignoring Batshit Insane unlike last year where I had to waste all my time on G59 development instead of playing it, lol

Don't put yourself down, mate. I reckon the job you did on those maps was phenomenal. Dont just go out of action now! Sure, the campaign may be broken, but with a new update you have plenty of new possibilities!

Found another bug by the way. One of the masks in the secret passage to the simulator in Blackness is solid, making it impossible to proceed without noclipping.

Another ISR by the way. This time, after shooting a Bioflare it was something along the lines of "Pupae.TakeDamage"

Im not saying my PC is crap, but I really wish you included some low-end options. All I can really do at the moment is type "Set shitblob lifespan 0.01" at the start of each map and it can get a bit annoying.

The Demon Signal Flare's Texture is corrupted, too. It looks like Kurgan's "Monster" skin.

I'd put the entire campaign-mod at the same level as Brutal Doom and Arcane Dimensions for Quake because of the stellar presentation and true evolution from the base game. I tried getting past the first mission a few days ago without taking too much damage but I still need to git gud. I'll manage the installation process.

Also my terrible spelling up there is killing me.
M'nali

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017, 23:30

So the FuckerFish AI (the small Devilfish) is really fucked up now, basically they just swim around in circles at really high speed making them extremely annoying to kill; the problem is that they also don't bother biting you in this way, they only hit you by luck.
I don't know also if the fish secret in Shitstorm got removed, since I killed all fish and nothing happened.
EDIT: seems like that unlockable suit at the end got removed indeed. Onto Soul Storage tomorrow.

Also I forgot, didn't shit canisters immediately explode when landing into water? Or just exploding after a while? It seems like they almost never explode now unless the canisters are being shot.

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017, 01:15

UBerserker wrote:So the FuckerFish AI (the small Devilfish) is really fucked up now, basically they just swim around in circles at really high speed making them extremely annoying to kill; the problem is that they also don't bother biting you in this way, they only hit you by luck.
I don't know also if the fish secret in Shitstorm got removed, since I killed all fish and nothing happened.
EDIT: seems like that unlockable suit at the end got removed indeed. Onto Soul Storage tomorrow.

Also I forgot, didn't shit canisters immediately explode when landing into water? Or just exploding after a while? It seems like they almost never explode now unless the canisters are being shot.

Don't they act like floating mines?
M'nali

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017, 10:10

Diego96 wrote:
UBerserker wrote:So the FuckerFish AI (the small Devilfish) is really fucked up now, basically they just swim around in circles at really high speed making them extremely annoying to kill; the problem is that they also don't bother biting you in this way, they only hit you by luck.

Don't they act like floating mines?

the water ones, not the torpedo fish.
ImageImage

Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017, 14:32

Shit Canisters are the same as they have always been. They explode when something gets within their sensor range while floating, or when shot. They only explode instantly if there is something in sensor range as soon as it enters the water.

As for the fish, they haven't been changed in years. Your memory probably is just foggy.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017, 14:41

The fish are still very annoying to kill otherwise.
Apparently the Extractor's primary fire drives them insane because it triggers a fear AI state which impacts minor creatures; the issue is that they don't stop even after, or the swim speed is too high for them to hit anything accurately.
ImageImage

User avatar UTNerd24
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017, 14:50

UBerserker wrote:The fish are still very annoying to kill otherwise.
Apparently the Extractor's primary fire drives them insane because it triggers a fear AI state which impacts minor creatures; the issue is that they don't stop even after, or the swim speed is too high for them to hit anything accurately.

I can see where your coming from. They tend to just circle around due to their wide turning rate. If they could turn on a dime, they'd be much more functional, but then OP.

I almost imagine they'd be like the Itchyosaur from Half-Life; erraticly changing direction with no indication of turning around.
Pls play Unreal

Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017, 20:25

Yep, turns out it was AI tweaks from post-v6 code I think. It's been fixed for the next update which will come in a short while once you guys have been through stuff and found most of the more noticeable issues.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017, 15:44

Corruption's canyon exit stone door doesn't open after everyone is dead.
ImageImage

Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017, 16:56

Fixed, was a geo problem. For now, ghost through it once the fight is over.

Post Posted: 07 Nov 2017, 17:50

Map 15 was also completely broken as UB discovered, which has been fixed. I had inadvertently released a version of the map where I was starting to gut some of the original stuff in favor of new gameplay design experiments, but never committed to it, but forgot to revert those changes. That's been fixed for v7.1. Also fixed the blocked pathway to the secret in Map 14!

Previous Next