Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

G59 -RevolveR- X [OBSOLETE]

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: G59 -RevolveR- X <Full Campaign Out>

Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016, 09:27

On thread's main post as well.
Offtopic thread soon for better exposition.

Cryomatter

- CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE ALBUM PAGE ON EKTOPLAZM -

Veteran sci-fi music producers Cybernetika (Lars Goossens) and Xenofish (Christian Becker), both from Germany, hereby introduce their collaborative project, Cryomatter, with a self-titled debut album from Ektoplazm. Featuring a multi-dimensional exploration of many different musical genres, the album tells the story of an alien form of matter threatening the integrity of our universe itself..

“On the far side of the galaxy, inside a frozen nebula, a new form of raw crystalline matter revealed itself to the human eye. This cryomatter, as we named it, entered our dimension through a quantum rift. It was discovered that this strange substance was designed to eliminate all movement and progress, to put the universe into stasis and to collapse time itself.

Before the stasis began a small team of scientists managed to escape through the rift where they discovered a world beyond their comprehension. Isolated from the effects of the cryomatter, they discovered its source and the powers that control it. In their desperate search for a way to reverse the effect, they managed to find a way to banish the cryomatter and end the stasis.

Through millions of dimensional rifts, this so-called anti-cryomatter was released into our universe…”

All tracks written and produced by Cybernetika (Lars Goossens) and Xenofish (Christian Becker). Track 3 and 4 written and produced by Cybernetika. Track 7 and 8 written and produced by Xenofish. Mastering and artwork by Xenofish.

User avatar UTNerd24
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016, 11:44

Conspiracy Theory: G59 is just a Glorified Music Video for Cybernetika. (That doesn't make it any less awesome.)
Pls play Unreal

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016, 11:54

Thing is I was expecting a different tracklist, some songs they made and finished aren't on the release. Probably it was supposed to be out a lot of months earlier but there were art issues.

But yes G59 ended up being a mappack that goes hand in hand with Cybernetika/Xenofish music, a reason why it got finished it was because of both artists' songs inspiring me.

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016, 20:54

Awesome stuff!
I'll be reading the commentary next week-end :)
(and I'll avoid the spoilers, comments on the last few levels I'll just avoid until I have played them)
And the sci-fi music will be accompanying me in my read :tup: 8)
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016, 15:02

Any coop bug in sight?
I can't reach loathsome's server because of, once again, RMusicplayer version mismatch (for some reason I can't join either if I take the .u file out of the system folder) so I'd wanted to know because I have no plans for any new patch as long as nothing truly bad is reported.

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016, 02:27

Well hell.
Did a test earlier this afternoon, and it downloaded the "dummy" RMusicplayer that Core
had made fine. Was playing thru Voidness tonight with one of the few regulars, and some
player I had never seen before joined, so i think things are downloading, at least most of the time.

My redirect is located elsewhere, and has been doing odd things recently.... Not sure what they
have going on.

Was there any sort of message? Refused to send?

Sorry I been so slow to report back. RL has been nuts the last month, so I haven't been playing
much at all.

Did have an issue tonight on Voidness at the final battle with the 2 Taryooogahahha (sp) bosses.
They would NOT die. Will have to retest that with a totally "clean" setup and see if it happens
again before you waste any time looking into it.

Continued play and am 1/2 way thru NeonNights now.

More feedback soon I hope....
Mooo !

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016, 23:57

MrLoathsome wrote:Well hell.
Did a test earlier this afternoon, and it downloaded the "dummy" RMusicplayer that Core
had made fine. Was playing thru Voidness tonight with one of the few regulars, and some
player I had never seen before joined, so i think things are downloading, at least most of the time.

My redirect is located elsewhere, and has been doing odd things recently.... Not sure what they
have going on.

Was there any sort of message? Refused to send?

Sorry I been so slow to report back. RL has been nuts the last month, so I haven't been playing
much at all.

Did have an issue tonight on Voidness at the final battle with the 2 Taryooogahahha (sp) bosses.
They would NOT die. Will have to retest that with a totally "clean" setup and see if it happens
again before you waste any time looking into it.

Continued play and am 1/2 way thru NeonNights now.

More feedback soon I hope....

Not really, just either "version mismatch" or if I did remove the .u file "you miss a package" - perhaps I should've remove all RMusic related System files though.

The Tsathogguas at the end of Map 2 (the area you teleport in) are NOT KILLABLE. You have to run to the exit with the help of the translocator.

Thanks though. I think the coop bugs I'm expecting might solely concern Map12/13/14.

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016, 08:22

So i decided to upload myself playing the Intro level. :D

Here is it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spL1RBmZ_X4

Don't expect the next level to be uploaded anytime soon, first i need to master the game again, I haven't played EXU2 for months...

Oh, and i am using the Starcraft Protoss voice, to give it a sinister touch. :P
I grant you the ultimate power!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016, 10:50

Yes yes thanks, I really wanted somebody to do a video walkthrough of G59! Don't worry about completing the maps with save/load, EXU2 really isn't designed to have perfect walkthroughs every time, not to mention some of the later maps are really long as shit and can't be done in one fell swoop.

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 31 Dec 2016, 18:16

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Seriously, grab your popcorn or snacks and enjoy this little journey!
Be sure to enable annotations if possible, so you read what the hell is happening.

I will try to maintain the same rhythm for the later videos (fast and well played).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1edWZCm2G5U

I'm honestly very glad of what i've done, at first i was tired, but when i finished it, i felt motivated, that i was capable of more. :)

VOIDNESS will come soon. :D
I grant you the ultimate power!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017, 14:58

Holy shit guys, from one of the artists that had a lot of songs in G59
https://xenofish.bandcamp.com/album/distance

It's free! All ambient music!

User avatar UTNerd24
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 31 May 2017, 14:27

A small continuation of what I was saying about G59 Overall...

My only other complaint would be that as beautiful and well detailed as the maps are, Lower-end systems wouldn't be able to handle it to the fullest. EVERYONE who loves Unreal should deserve to play this too. But I understand your reasons seeing how your computer Figuratively and possibly literally shat itself after Atropos.

Once again, Thank you for blessing us with this work of art. Thats Right. Art.
Pls play Unreal

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: G59 -RevolveR- X

Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017, 11:19

UTNerd24 wrote:A small continuation of what I was saying about G59 Overall...

My only other complaint would be that as beautiful and well detailed as the maps are, Lower-end systems wouldn't be able to handle it to the fullest. EVERYONE who loves Unreal should deserve to play this too. But I understand your reasons seeing how your computer Figuratively and possibly literally shat itself after Atropos.

Once again, Thank you for blessing us with this work of art. Thats Right. Art.

I mean I still hope some other ppl played this after all these months, lol.
ImageImage

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017, 18:00

I tested the map myself (by cheating) using a Celeron N2806 with Intel HD Graphics on Directx 9 mode. From the looks of it the biggest areas remain over 20/30fps most of the time. It's not a worrying matter since maps like GTD-Carthage's SP-DontShootTheChest1 run much worse due to the incredible details, it's more of a benchmark map.

I spoiled myself by not playing this map pack before. I planned on finishing Redeem Your Space or Batshit Insane first and leave the best for the last.
M'nali

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017, 19:06

Diego96 wrote:I tested the map myself (by cheating) using a Celeron N2806 with Intel HD Graphics on Directx 9 mode. From the looks of it the biggest areas remain over 20/30fps most of the time. It's not a worrying matter since maps like GTD-Carthage's SP-DontShootTheChest1 run much worse due to the incredible details, it's more of a benchmark map.

Which one, Atropos?
I'm fairly sure Verflucht is the most demanding one in terms of specs (barring slowdown bugs related by zooming to the tall tower beyond the castle, I have no idea what causes that but I think it's due to the engine not liking 3d skyboxes).
The last boss battle of G59 might slow down things though, as well as Map 4's battle if many enemies spawn.

I still think Batshit Insane as a whole is more visually demanding than G59 due to maps like Bluff that have enemies all over the place plus complex brushwork. I'd be extremely surprised if it's the opposite otherwise.

Also edit:
https://soundcloud.com/xenofish/xenofis ... n-bandcamp
Xenofish released another ambient album for free on bandcamp. This one includes a remastered Pillar of Equality from G59's map 12 (now called Tunnel II).

Previous Next