UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

Version 5.01 [10/26/12]

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Re: == Version 5.01 [10/26/12] - Bug Reports & Discussion Thread ==

Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013, 21:20

Been working on the HUD a lot lately. Made a bunch of small tweaks and some bigger ones. Today I redid the translator, finally. It's still ugly as balls, but far more functional. This is still WIP, so expect a much better-looking edition in the future. However, for now, this one does way better than the Unreal one since the font is big and readable and the background is transparent. You can even fight while reading if you want!

Don't mind the blank inventory icons. I'm trying to get the five-item display system working, and for now have it set to display blanks if you don't have 5 or more items. It will only display as many items as you have if you have less than 5 when I release the patch.

Also, that second message display is the longest one currently in EXU2's campaign, so you can see there's quite a bit of display space here. Not that I plan to fill it all up, but it's nice to have the option.

Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013, 05:54

Oh, NOW we're talking 8)

Looks great ingame; don't worry about the shitty jpeg artifacting going on with the text. It's a crisp, bright blue that is easy on the eyes (and I think this is even much friendlier to colorblind folks than the green?).

User avatar rork
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013, 15:21

How is the Coop being tested in this, did anyone put it up a server. If not is anyone interested in playing this some weekend? I guess using a private/non advertised server is better then puting the files on a public server.
Admin of the dU Coop server: 85.14.203.180:5555 forum

Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013, 15:23

Mr. Loathsome was running a coop server for Demo 4, but hasn't had time to switch it to Open Beta as far as I'm aware. As for development testing, I've played lots and lots of private coop with alpha testers to be sure it works and plays well, though I haven't been able to test it nearly as much as SP.

I would be interested in some public or semi-public coop though this weekend! [Edit] Oh, some weekend, read that as this weekend. Well, any weekend really!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013, 15:32

Count me too in
Didn't try either BI and G59 in coop.
ImageImage

Post Posted: 10 Jan 2013, 15:34

Whoever wants to organize a coop game, feel free to start a thread for it, and I'll do my best to make it in!

User avatar rork
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013, 11:42

I'll see if I can get something up after finishing Seven Bullets and playtesting Project Xenome in coop.
Admin of the dU Coop server: 85.14.203.180:5555 forum

Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013, 06:09

After a massive rampage of HUD upgrades today, I think it's high time for a new patch! Rather than wait for Map 12, which is currently mega-alpha, I'm gonna just skip right along and package together what's been cooking for the past few months. Release date: tomorrow, January 15th!

Tentative list of changes:

Campaign Changes:

• Hellcastle (Menu Map)
    • Misc. improvements and tweaks to lighting, geometry, decorations, etc.
  • Frostclaw Outpost (Map 8)
    • Gameplay tweaks and improvements and some visual touchups.
  • Other Maps (10, 11, 13, 15)
    • Again, misc. technical fixes and tweaks.

Other changes:

• Major HUD updates. All icons have been redone, the translator screen has been redone, and many little bugs have been fixed. Also added ammo warning / critical color changes to the digit readout. Note that the HUD is still very much a work in progress, but it's much more standardized and much nicer to look at than before. Also, chat messages are actually fucking readable now! Yay!
  • HUGE improvements to pawns' abilities to aim with indirectfire projectiles. Instead of having an effective max range with grenades, biogel, heavy plasma balls, etc., pawns will now calculate the proper trajectory for their projectiles based on your distance and the projectile speed, allowing them to hit you at long range with indirect weaponry. Makes certain enemies much more effective in large, open areas, but not all.
  • AntiTankRiotMercenaries now use MedPlasmaBallSP instead of MP. The former has way less momentum transfer.
  • Piddledoper beams now use a new damage type called 'PulseBeam' instead of 'Pulsed' like the primary fire. The reasoning for this will be explained in a later patch!
  • EnergyAR, Hyper Flakker, Clusterfucker, and RFPC now have functional ammo LEDs.
  • Fixed Extractor ammo icon not appearing on the HUD (by giving it one, derp). Flare Gun also now gives a noticeable warning icon when no flares are loaded.
  • New visuals for the Hyper Flakker weapon, ammo, and alt fire grenades! Grenades also have WAY COOLER sound effects.
  • EXUWeapon subclasses no longer disappear after a while when dropped by players or pawns in SP games. They still time out normally in MP, but in SP they will persist forever like health/ammo/etc until picked up instead of vanishing after 15 or 40 seconds of inactivity without being seen (which is what standard weapons do, for some reason).
  • Fixed EXUFly StingDamage variable being hidden. You can now access it for subclasses or map-placed flies, hooray! Thanks UB for pointing that out.
  • Reduced momentum transfer from Tempest missiles by 75%.
  • Fixed Shock Troopers being afraid of the Extractor. They no longer run away like morons when you pull out a melee weapon against them.
  • Fixed EXUSquids being unable to use their melee attack against you under any circumstances. Whoops. Not like anyone noticed, though, since squids are such useless opponents... for now.
  • EXU Shotty now has a single-shot alt fire and shoots five rounds in primary. Currently lacking a reload sequence after five alt shots, but it's getting there. Alt fires quickly but does less damage, though slightly tigher spread, making it better for long-range harassment. Primary is excellent as ever at short range.
  • Fixed bots being unable to aim the EXU Shotty. It technically fires projectiles now, but they're so damn fast it doesn't really make much difference. Except for them being able to kill you, of course. That's a pretty noticeable difference.
  • Demon Skull projectiles (spawned by Archdemon meteors, Demon Krall Elite, etc) are now destructible and can be shot down. Hard to hit, though.
  • RFPC and LRPC projectiles were bugged; plasma burns would not affect any pawns that stood still. This has been fixed.
  • ShitPupae damage increased by 20 in both attack modes. They're slow and relatively weak for their size and speed, so they needed more damage.
  • Lots of under-the-hood code cleanup and enhancements and minor bugfixes.

Holy shit look at the fucking HUD!!!! You can SEE THINGS now! Still sucks online, but I'm gonna see if I can do something about that tomorrow.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013, 11:39

Haha that was earlier than I expected!
ImageImage

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013, 13:20

Another impressive display of your being a development powerhouse! :tup:
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013, 00:51

[Edit] RELEASED! Check the main thread for downloads. Full and Patch downloads loaded up and ready to go! \o/

New thread: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2822

Previous