A random sentence for a random mind.

Integration of Weapons, Textures, Music, Etc.

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Kevster
Pupae Pupae

Subject: Integration of Weapons, Textures, Music, Etc.

Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014, 23:08

Hello

Can anyone tell me how to integrate non-standard weapons into a map? What I'm looking to do is to create a map with everything integrated from the get-go. I want to use alternate weapons and not have to include them as a separate download with the map. I also want to have integrated .umx, .utx, uax, etc. files as well, so the map is just one big map file. How is this done?

Thanks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: Integration of Weapons, Textures, Music, Etc.

Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014, 23:15

Hi Kevster!

I think you might want to look into this:

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:MyLevel

MyLevel is what you are looking for, if you want your map to be just one big map file.

Hope this helps.
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014, 23:18

Recommendation: if you're doing something for Single Player stuff, do this only if you want to release a single standalone map.
Don't do this for several multiple maps in a row otherwise it's going to screw up save files.
ImageImage

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014, 23:30

This would just inflate the map size for no gain and possibly even causes problems for other assets. Most shared packages have been widely distributed, so you don't need to overwrite them with duplicates of what already exists. Further, it would take more effort to MyLevel everything than just using a dependency checker to find out what packages your map requires and bundling them.

Kevster
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014, 23:33

Excellent. Thank you both! Map will be a CTF map and I'm going to include weapons that have been modded, like the DoctorDeath weapons from years ago, and some others. I'll let you know how it turns out.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014, 01:29

Personally, I wouldn't recommend integrating any custom weaponry into Unreal Tournament multiplayer maps at all. Maps should preferably work with the standard loadout while allowing players to replace these weapons with mutators.

You might wish to use standard weapons, and add recommendations to your readme+release threads about which weapon mutators you intend the map to be used with.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator