This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

How to set starting player properties? (plus 2 other probs)

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: How to set starting player properties? (plus 2 other probs)

Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014, 20:10

Aha! thanks SteadZ! :) now I can also provide an image to go with my level for the Oldskool menu!
N.B.: it's far from finished, this said!
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014, 22:13

Sat42 wrote:- translator still too big! rescaling doesn't work

if you mean the Pick Up of the Translator then:

Translator's default properties -> Intentory -> PickupViewScale... This should help.

@makemeunreal below:

Yea, me too. :D
Last edited by Z-enzyme on 08 Jan 2014, 22:15, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014, 22:14

Can't waait to see those pics
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014, 23:01

Heyyy guys!! Those doors that had lighting bugs when moving don't have lighting bugs anymore!!
And YES thank you very much Z-enzyme! your trick worked like a charm! no more does the translator look like it's the size of a GEP gun!!
haha it's slow work but I love this stuff - bear in mind that as excited as I am about this first project, it IS a first project so don't expect too much! :P will upload pics later when I have made more progress - as I said, I have to avoid being too ambitious but as the map currently stands it probably doesn't even represent 1/10th of the finished product as I envision it!
Cheers fellas! :)
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014, 00:16

(my answer to your private message)
Importing custom actors(inventory, pawns etc...)

First, you should copy all the stuff into their right place.
If you would like to use any of these custom stuff mentioned above you must import them into the editor:

a) Open Actor Class browser
b)Click to FILE
c)Then to OPEN PACKAGE -> Open the.U file you would like to use on your map.

Now, all you have to do is to browse your Actors, select Inventory/Pawns and search for the new content which can be placed on your map now. Don't forget to include this custom stuff if you release the map.
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014, 01:33

Wow you were fast! :o
And thank you very much makemeunreal!! This is it, I can use some cool additional features!!!
Cheers mate! :D

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014, 08:49

No problem :P

Previous