UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

[u1]firetrucks.u

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar ebd
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject: Re: [u1]firetrucks.u

Post Posted: 01 Jun 2014, 19:49

SteadZ wrote:There are tutorials on http://ebd.unrealsp.org/firetrucks ;)
Sure there is the documentation, but I'm looking to put together some good an proper step by step tutorials with pictures and everything.

User avatar ebd

Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014, 11:15

Development is still on track for a June 20th release date so get as hyped as you can get.

The only thing that might come late is those tutorials I mentioned. The first one is written, just need to make a quick demo level to go with it. The other four tutorials are a bit more involved and will come about when they are ready.

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014, 12:23

:tup: Though I won't be using firetrucks immediately, I'll be reading those tutorials as soon as they come out! :o
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar Dr.Flay
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 20 Jun 2014, 00:19

I am wondering if it may be worth streaming editing/working with it ?
You won't have to worry about CPU/GPU power as much, only upload speed.

I have seen few people streaming their UEd sessions on twitch, and it helps to be able to see and hear why things are being done. Also being able to ask questions is kinda handy (even though it is 10 seconds late)

User avatar ebd

Post Posted: 20 Jun 2014, 00:53

I'd have to set it up, and given that I plan to have it out in less than 48 hours I'm not sure it is worth it. I also suspect watching me code would not be interesting for most people.

Also people can ask questions on IRC chat. I'm usually on SynIRC's #unrealsp and QuakeNet's #oldunreal (the former can be very conveniently accessed via the chat button on these forums).

User avatar ebd

Post Posted: 21 Jun 2014, 07:28

What a glorious day this is! firetrucks version 1.2 is released! And so is trashbag version 1.1! Get them while they are hot!

firetrucks Download and Official documentation: http://ebd.unrealsp.org/firetrucks/
trashbag Download and Official documentation: http://ebd.unrealsp.org/trashbag/

Also out today is the first in a five part series of tutorials intended to help mappers and modders like you make the best use possible of everything firetrucks has to offer. It can be found here

Previous