A random sentence for a random mind.

[ut] ISV-Dragonfly

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Delemary
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Re: [ut] ISV-Dragonfly

Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011, 20:10

I have UDK just for the hell of it. i started out using UT2k4 ED and eventually stopped doing it cuz i never got anywhere with it. I got UDK shortly after that because i've always had this image of trying to create Unreal in unreal engine 3. Not that the graphics are a problem. i love the graphics of Unreal and RTNP. But just to see the higher dynamics and physics with 3 put into Unreal would be awesome i think. Any tips on where to start? Just build simple brushes then go from there? Still confused on additive and subtractive too. And then Scripting i have no idea about. (kinda wrote a lot :/ )

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011, 20:56

Well, for the UDK you can always go to the Unreal Developer Network, but that's about all I can tell you. If you want to design in Unreal Engine 1 for Unreal Tournament and even Unreal using the 227 patch, you can start by looking here. Prophet's tutorials at the top have been written within the past few years, so they're more recent. The ones at the bottom are also applicable, but they're a little more vague, and they're not really step-by-step tutorials like Prophet's. Most of them consist of tips and the like for later once you get basic level design down. Otherwise, there's Bot40's basic shape tutorial, which is a must-read for just about everybody. There are also some tutorials for Unreal Engine 1 and 2 at the bottom of Hourences's tutorial page here. As you make things, you can always ask for help when you encounter a problem or are confused, and you can post work in progress pictures on this thread, so you can get feedback through that.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011, 21:16

Delemary, if you seriously are thinking about starting something in UDK then I think you should.

Look UDK is a bit different from Unreal 1 and on Unreal 1 you can't get further than having a hobby. With UDK it's like making your hobby really worthwhile. Why? Unreal 1 is a ticket in a lottery that ended like 5 years ago so no prize is at your hands. UDK is a ticket in a lottery that's gonna take place next week so with little luck (and loooaaads of hard work) you can win. Question is, are you stubborn enough to take this ticket and try your luck?

If you're fresh with programming and modding and stuff like that so it's best to start with a tool that is the best tool available. I'm stuck with U1 because it's hard for me to switch into static meshes which are the basic structures in UDK, and that there's no scripting in UDK, scripts are made outside (or maybe I'm wrong? I have no idea). It's true that there's not much about SP in UDK, but still you can catch it up as there are dozens of SP projects in UDK.

Someone once told me "Find a job that you like and you'll never have to work again." It was Confucius I think... And working in Game Industry is my dream work. If I knew UDK I surely would be able to find it there.

Want UDK tutorials? ---> Youtube + Raven UDK tutorials. Try it.

AND

Don't create Unreal 1 on Unreal Engine 3. There are guys already doing it. One dude on youtube tried to hook me on that project but no way. I love Unreal 1 on Unreal 1 engine. That all. I was thinking about remaking the models (look at my signature - this skaarj is my home made puppet) but that's it. Probably I'd try to implement it in Hi-Res in Unreal 1, not UDK as:
1. I has no rights for Unreal title,
2. I has no time to learn UDK at the moment XD
3. Unreal is best in Unreal. Not UDK.

- Crap.

Delemary

Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011, 02:30

@Qtit i was beginning to think the exact same thing. Game design has been a dream of mine since i was younger. But my plans have somewhat changed. I think im going to learn Unreal ed 2.1 first so i can learn how to script and all that other "fun" stuff and if it really starts to take off for me i'll follow along on UDK. i REALLY wanna make addons for Unreal and UT99. i grew up with those games and being a part of them physically will be amazing. As for my plans. Theoretical Astro Physics awaits me. (unless i take off in the game industry). But who knows.

@Jet, thank you for all of those thinks. i've been having troubles trying to find good tutorials.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011, 19:08

Can anyone give me a tutorial for Canyon,cave,Big outdoor making? a Good one.
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

nikosv
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011, 08:30

For unrealed or something else?

Hourences has a great tutorial on cave modeling for 3DSmax/Maya.
Current Project: None. WTFs2 had to go to sleep, RIP.

I still sometimes sculpt PS2-style terrain by hand with Blender 3. Some passions always linger.

User avatar Dozey
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011, 12:29

makemeunreal wrote:Can anyone give me a tutorial for Canyon,cave,Big outdoor making? a Good one.

as far I know Kaka made something one.
Return to Napali IV: Napali War Coming soon....
http://dozeyunreal.webs.com

User avatar AndryxaXP
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011, 17:39

Tell the story of your project :)

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011, 20:50

You can find it..on the firt page,i think :S
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar AndryxaXP

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011, 18:12

makemeunreal wrote:You can find it..on the firt page,i think :S

Thank you :tup:

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011, 20:45

Nothing.(I'm not sure about this)

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2011, 21:18

I won't say anything about the story just yet.
Latest update was -> change of platform to Unreal 227h.

User avatar AndryxaXP

Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012, 13:52

it is hard project

User avatar AndryxaXP

Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012, 14:11

how are you doing with the project ? :)

User avatar pl1982

Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014, 11:59

This mod still being worked on? Z-enzyme still seems to be logging in, so any chance of just letting us know if this very promising mod is still alive? Thanks in advance.

Previous