ividyon will never get this done, will he.

[ut] Project: Insecurity

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Fulsam
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Jun 2009, 00:53

Hellscrag wrote:I guess it's too late to say "backup early, backup often".

Over the years, too many SPs have been lost this way.

After a long walk around the block and thinking it over, IF I can even get UT reinstalled (fucking error is preventing this from happening) I would still work on the project even if I start from scratch. Unrealed is too addicting to just give up and leave. Besides, the level I was working on was starting to get a bit ratty (I didn't use gridsnap so it was a bit messy and BSP holes were common, though I took the time to fix them.), so a fresh start would be fun, considering the skills I gained.

So, for now, I just ask for a way to get around the "-5006 0x80070017" error that pops up when I try to reinstall.

Fulsam

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Jun 2009, 02:12

Fulsam wrote:
So, for now, I just ask for a way to get around the "-5006 0x80070017" error that pops up when I try to reinstall.

Fixed. It just decided to work all of a sudden.

So, yes, eventually I will get Project: Insecurity back on it's feet, but it will take some time as I need to get all the classic unreal content into my UT folder and such.

EDIT: THE MAP STILL WORKS!!!! I thought it was hopelessly corrupted because when I loaded it from the crippled former-UT folder, it just spat an error at me. I moved the map folder to the desktop, loaded it from there, and it came right up!

So, yes, this means that Project: Insecurity is still alive and well. Sorry for the scare.

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Jun 2009, 10:34

Fulsam wrote:So, yes, this means that Project: Insecurity is still alive and well.

Yeehah! :tup: :tup:

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Jun 2009, 11:02

Great! Now make a backup of it somewhere.
Life is what you make of it.

Fulsam

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009, 02:43

Does anyone know of a good music track to use for the levels that take place in the ship?

This isn't going to be your average, colorful ISV-Kran deal. This Phantom is supposed to be more grand-looking because it's newer, but much more dark and eerie to make it look like it took a beating. The regular newmca9 and kran tracks are a bit too "cheerful" for what I have in mind.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009, 04:57

Fulsam wrote:Does anyone know of a good music track to use for the levels that take place in the ship?

This isn't going to be your average, colorful ISV-Kran deal. This Phantom is supposed to be more grand-looking because it's newer, but much more dark and eerie to make it look like it took a beating. The regular newmca9 and kran tracks are a bit too "cheerful" for what I have in mind.

I have an unlimited selection of music you could use that i can convert to UMX for you :wink:

contact me via any of the contacts I have listed :P

In the mean time...i'll take a look at the 50+ GB's of music I have and see what fits best :lol:
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

Fulsam

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Jun 2009, 05:48

Shivaxi wrote: contact me via any of the contacts I have listed :P

Alright. I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning though, really tired right now.

In the mean time, I have better images. I was trying out the built-in screenshot feature in UT instead of using printscreen, but things didn't go to well.

This is a reshot of the starting area of ISV Phantom deck 4. Mostly just lighting changes.

Another reshot. This is yet another picture of that junction. I once again decided to revamp the area. The light looked too ridiculous and the dome ceiling made it look TOO grand (This is a cramped cargo deck) so I removed them. I created some more beams to make the place more detailed. Also the lighting was toned down.

These two are going to replace the outdated images on the description.

There are more to come tomorrow. There are some extreme lighting changes I'd like you all to see.

I also started work on a trailer for this. I just need to spiff up the geometry in the levels I'm working on to be good enough for it.

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009, 16:01

Waiting patiently for the trailer.

:)

Fulsam

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009, 22:15

Sorry for the lack of updates, folks. To make up for it, I'm going to release another screenshot.

This is the Harobed village revisit level. Here is a view across the lake which the burned-out, diplidated Terraniux still eerily hangs over. However, there have been quite a few changes since the last time you visited. The bridge that spanned the lake, or what was left of it has been removed. The lake is also now filled with waste from a Skaarj plant that sprouted up on the other side.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009, 02:16

Shivaxi wrote:In the mean time...i'll take a look at the 50+ GB's of music I have and see what fits best :lol:

It's actually 70+ GB's now lol
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

Fulsam

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009, 02:36

Shivaxi wrote:
Shivaxi wrote:In the mean time...i'll take a look at the 50+ GB's of music I have and see what fits best :lol:

It's actually 70+ GB's now lol

Lmao :lol:

Sorry for not getting back to you about the music. I'll make sure I do so in a bit (Haven't had time to tend to Project: Insecurity for a while)

Fulsam

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Oct 2009, 21:07

I whipped up a quick logo in GIMP.

Last edited by Fulsam on 11 Oct 2009, 01:25, edited 4 times in total.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Oct 2009, 22:34

Umm... Honestly? Bad colors. IMO.

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Oct 2009, 22:48

This is how they did it in the ISV kran...

Fulsam

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Oct 2009, 00:07

Ok, I did some revisions, darkened the tone of it, and added some Unreal font.

Last edited by Fulsam on 11 Oct 2009, 01:25, edited 2 times in total.

Previous Next