ividyon will never get this done, will he.

[ut] Project: Insecurity

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Fulsam
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: [ut] Project: Insecurity

Post Posted: 05 Apr 2009, 23:32

Developer: Fulsam

Image Image
Image Image
Synopsis: An Inuit science research vessel named the ISV Phantom has dropped out of contact. According to recent logs, the ship was going down near Na Pali, so it can be assumed that the ship came to a rest somewhere on the planet.

There is a problem here, though. The Phantom was delivering some experimental, but deadly weapons to a UMS outpost. If the Skaarj got a hold of these weapons, they could be a huge threat.

You will be deployed to the surface of Na Pali, but finding the Phantom is up to you. You must navigate through both revisited and new locations, all full of Skaarj.

Once you locate the ship, you must navigate to the engine room, disabling fail saves and coolant pumps along the way, and cause the Phantom's reactor to melt down, which will obliterate anything within a 2 mile radius.

Once you sabotage the reactor, you must escape the ship before the blast occurs.

Features: A return to Unreal locations we all know and love, now twisted by Skaarj development. Around 12 levels and possibly some new music
Release Date: Mid/late 2010
Latest News: The screenshots have been replaced with newer ones and the synopsis has been expanded.
Links: http://projectinsecurity.blogspot.com
Last edited by Fulsam on 27 Oct 2009, 03:14, edited 26 times in total.

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Apr 2009, 23:36

I saw the pictures of that. :tup:

Keep up the good work! :tup:

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Apr 2009, 23:38

If you reformat your first post using the template set out in this thread then you can turn this thread into an entry on the main site's Upcoming Maps page.
Life is what you make of it.

Fulsam

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 01:27

Hellscrag wrote:If you reformat your first post using the template set out in this thread then you can turn this thread into an entry on the main site's Upcoming Maps page.

Done.

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 01:40

I love your use of Starship.utx I once tried this exact same themed pack about a year ago, but I haven't released anything to the public since then. Noone (to my knowledge) has made a full mappack that uses only the textures from Starship.utx (Hourences made Ortican.. but that was only one map).

Basically, the challenge is to beat the living crap out of the ISVKran visuals and gameplay. I would suggest using pupae in airducts and better Skaarj scripted sequences then them just popping out of a hole in the ceiling (this gets dull and boring when replaying unreal). You might want to develop some kind of "boss" skaarj like the Red Nemesis who keeps watch on you as you travel through the ship. Then maybe at the end he could be a final boss or something like that. Keep in mind, these are just a few ideas I'm throwing out there.. don't take it too serious. Also, I would suggest improving the lighting from the original ISVKran maps which is some of the worst lighting in unreal.

Community map packs I would suggest you play to give you more insightful ideas about how to create an appealing and original pack:

-Ortican
-Attacked

These should give you some good inspiration for visual (ortican) and gameplay (attacked) standards to come by.

Fulsam

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 02:25

jackrabbit wrote:Noone (to my knowledge) has made a full mappack that uses only the textures from Starship.utx

I'm not making the WHOLE mappack based in the ship. There will be a map where you start on a ship (Like Xidia), and get sent down to Na Pali via a drop pod, then there will be a couple maps where you journey to the ship. Then maybe there will be a few more maps where you have to get to the pick-up zone in a nearby foundry-esque installation for extraction.

User avatar kea
SP2D Leader SP2D Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 09:17

Good to see more new projects in production! Keep on working on it! :tup:

Loke

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 14:58

Good luck.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 17:09

great news! :tup:
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 18:20

Thread approved for Upcoming Maps. I took out the extra line spacing (it looks different on the main page); also only the headings should be in bold, not the whole thing.

Fulsam

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Apr 2009, 00:58

Screenshot of a hallway. Notice how the lights are different shades of color, and others are not working. Also notice the little grate on the floor.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Apr 2009, 19:10

Fulsam wrote:Screenshot of a hallway. Notice how the lights are different shades of color, and others are not working. Also notice the little grate on the floor.

You might want to make one of the broken lights flicker on and off... might be cool?

Fulsam

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Apr 2009, 19:26

Sorry for not replying in a long time, Anyway, I'm having a bit of a "Writer's Block" and encourage everyone to throw out ideas. I'm good at architecture, but always need help on gameplay.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Apr 2009, 19:39

I'll just pimp my shit some more!

http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtopi ... 2338#12338

This may give you some ideas.

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Apr 2009, 23:06

Fulsam wrote:Screenshot of a hallway. Notice how the lights are different shades of color, and others are not working. Also notice the little grate on the floor.

Sources of the same type in close proximity should always have the same lightcolour (or very subtle variations) outside of some story explanation otherwise (drugs? :P), if you want to vary the colours along a stretch like that then put some sort of visual variation that makes it easier to buy (like an indent in the ceiling that provides a different source).

Next