This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

[u1] [ut] WTF Series 2

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009, 14:38

:lol: :tup:
Nice progression!

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009, 15:37

Yeah I gotta admit that the difference are pretty stunning...even in my eyes :B
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009, 16:11

Shivaxi wrote:Yeah I gotta admit that the difference are pretty stunning...even in my eyes :B

2d view doesn't do it for me... it could still look like garbage or look nice and original regardless of how clean cut it is. If you can make a 3d piece of garbage look appealing and original.. that is just as good or sometimes better imho

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009, 17:04

Yeah 2d overhead views just show us you are using more brushes, and that's about it.

I cried a little inside when I saw the overhead view of that TerraEdit terrain, though. Ouch.

nikosv
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009, 17:52

Okay, then, jackrabbit and Waffnuffly, here you go:

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009, 18:16

Waffnuffly wrote:Yeah 2d overhead views just show us you are using more brushes, and that's about it.

I cried a little inside when I saw the overhead view of that TerraEdit terrain, though. Ouch.

haha yeaaah....I did a little of that. Those giant spikes off the edges of the map are the outside triangular walls...at the time i just 2D brushed it and then duplicated it a bunch of times...sooo fricken sloppy....I totally regret like ever making it like that :/

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009, 20:11

Looking better for sure, but the rocky terrain still is very very badly aligned and poorly scaled (shot 5). Your best bet is to rotate the terrain 90 degrees so the walls become the floor and ceiling, then align the walls to floor and upscale the textures (with Relative checked) to at least 4.0, maybe 6.0 or 8.0 depending on the area in question, then rotate again and repeat for the other sides, and reset the rotation when you're done. This pretty much always makes cliff walls look perfectly fine.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009, 20:31

Waffnuffly wrote:Looking better for sure, but the rocky terrain still is very very badly aligned and poorly scaled...

Blah Peanuts wth...

He has an extremely old version of the map currently (There aren't even trees in the shot wtf??....what the hell version DO you have? :? ) and every time you vertex edit the terrain, the textures reset themselves...so that's NOT what it's supposed to look like.

THIS is what it should look like:

To some extent anyway...nothing is final yet :P

Subject:

Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009, 20:41

Ah ok, that looks a lot better. Still could use that alignment trick, though, but don't do it until you're satisfied with the vertex positions. Otherwise, of course, you have to retexture.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009, 05:58

You bet your arse it's time for an update... 8)

Current loadout:

Maps: (There will be approximately 6 playable maps, including 2 cinematic sequences. 8 maps total.)

-The Encounter (Cinematic Sequence) / 100% Complete
-Nathral Village / 95% Complete
-Raknir's Storage Caves / 75% Complete
-Raknir Mine / 60 % Complete
-In The Depths Of The Past / 5 % Complete
-The Burning Village / 1% Complete
-Mount Jerael / 0% Complete
-Rescue At Last? (Cinematic Sequence) / 0% Complete

Weapons: (New weapons will be featured from U4E, and other various sources)

-Razor Launcher (No not the Razorjack...this is from U4E)
-Beta Automag
-Cheese's and my Flamethower

NOTE: Probably more weapons to come.

Pawns: (Yes there will be new pawns, but I prefer not to disclose them at this time...however I'm sure you can take a wild guess due to the picture at the top of this thread :P )

Gameplay Features: (Custom features are being built at this time.)

-Players will be able to choose any pawn they wish, and they should still work with the maps.
-Real time crouching (as featured in the previous series). Crouching will be key in order to complete some levels. There may also be hidden places and bonuses in the game which will require real time crouching in order to exploit those locations.
-WTF Series 2 will be fully co-op compatible, including a new mutator that will synchronize the level switch between the last map in WtfS1 and the first map in WtfS2. (This is in case people go around the original ending and hit the credits ending instead).
-A mutator will also be included to correctly display cut scenes.

NOTE: These mutators are NOT required, and are optional.

System requirements: (It has come to my attention that some low end computers will have a hard time running WtfS2, as visuals will be demanding on the CPU.)

-Pentium 4 CPU 2.00 Ghz (Recommended Dual Core Processor 2.00 Ghz)
-GeForce 6800 GT (Or whatever is equal in other brands of Graphics cards to this one)
-256Mb RAM (Recommended 512Mb)

Anything lower may result in you pulling your hair out in frustration :P

NOTE: All above system requirements are merely estimated, as I currently do not have enough resources to test the CPU load more efficiently.

NOTE: All above content IS subject to change...which doesn't mean that it will change...but that it can change...I think everyone knew that...hopefully... :?

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009, 13:11

That Nali reminds me of the main character from SMT:Nocturne.
ImageImage

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Jul 2009, 17:18

Your logo pic is oversize and is affecting the appearance of the Upcoming Maps page. Please fix ASAP.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009, 15:19

Hellscrag wrote:Your logo pic is oversize and is affecting the appearance of the Upcoming Maps page. Please fix ASAP.

-_-

Changed...

With the addition of this cave (which was created by Drake Spyker...thank you Drake!) wtf5 is now over 8 MB!! And this is the smallest/shortest map in the whole series! It's going to be a looong summer for me :P

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009, 16:26

Texture Alignment?

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009, 16:30

Creavion wrote:Texture Alignment?

One thing at a time lol...haven't gotten to that bit yet...still editing the vertexes so there's no point atm :P

Previous Next