Scout-kun is a lie... right?

[u1] [ut] WTF Series 2

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: [u1] [ut] WTF Series 2

Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010, 04:17

Lol. I actually just got back from London.

And yeah I know I've been lacking a lot lately. If I had the damn pawns I needed for this to work, I'd probably be more motivated. Right now though I need to start looking for apartments, so my time is limited even more =/
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar WhirlWindWabbit
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010, 06:54

Shivaxi wrote: If I had the damn pawns I needed for this to work, I'd probably be more motivated

Don't be afraid to change your initial idea(s) if your current one is impossible/would take too much time. Some of the best things are born by deviating from the original plan, maybe even so slightly. :D

Shivaxi wrote:Lol. I actually just got back from London.

I hope you had a bombastic time! \o/

Shivaxi wrote:Right now though I need to start looking for apartments, so my time is limited even more =/

Good luck! :tup:
"Sir, we're surrounded!"
"Good, we can attack in any direction."

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010, 05:09

Thanx W3

But I really just need somebody to make the pawns I need, cause I'm terrible at UScript, and I don't have the time to learn unfortunately. Deviating from the original plan isn't a good idea either, since the whole series is based around these pawns entirely. If I was to change the plan, I might as well just start a new map pack all together :P

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar WhirlWindWabbit

Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010, 06:57

That's a bummer :/ But do you need an entirely new pawn with a new set of models, textures, animations, sounds, etc., or just a modified script for a standard Unreal pawn? These two requests are drastically different :)
"Sir, we're surrounded!"

"Good, we can attack in any direction."

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010, 07:41

Simple modified script...nothing drastic...I guess no one has time now these days though...

I'd reveal more, but it kinda has to do with the main plot, so I don't wanna give it away.

Any pawn scripters with free time, feel free to IM me and I'll let u know exactly what I need :P

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010, 01:17

aaaawwww sssshhhh****tttt 8)

Changed the status back to "Developing", as Ratapom has now inspired me to begin mapping again, and has also begun mapping for me as well. Ratapom has just made a breakthrough in wtf9 which has increased it's progress significantly, and in just 1 day! Probably would have taken me a month just to do what he did today, as I'm lacking the proper motivation. I want whatever Ratapom is smoking...

Anyway, mappers are always welcome to help, now that I'm back on track especially, and I still need a good pawn coder out there to help me simply modify an existing pawn. Any help is welcome =)

^^

User avatar Gizzy

Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010, 02:42

What map did you show me in London...the one with the bit that I was like "WTFFF" at and the music was all awesome?

I don't want to say more in case I spoil stuff :P

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010, 12:35

Shivaxi wrote:aaaawwww sssshhhh****tttt 8)

Changed the status back to "Developing", as Ratapom has now inspired me to begin mapping again, and has also begun mapping for me as well. Ratapom has just made a breakthrough in wtf9 which has increased it's progress significantly, and in just 1 day! Probably would have taken me a month just to do what he did today, as I'm lacking the proper motivation. I want whatever Ratapom is smoking...

Anyway, mappers are always welcome to help, now that I'm back on track especially, and I still need a good pawn coder out there to help me simply modify an existing pawn. Any help is welcome =)

^^

The only obvious thing to do now that you have all this motivation is to set aside all other priorities and focus on "What the fuck" and "What the fuck" only. That means no eating anything that doesn't have caffeine. The best of luck and I look forward to playing this next week :tup:

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 30 Nov 2010, 18:37

Shivaxi wrote:aaaawwww sssshhhh****tttt 8)

^^

You really might want to give this a try:

http://www.bspcn.com/2010/11/10/life-ha ... ike-magic/

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010, 03:14

Lol Waff...thanx :P

oh and in reply to something you said Waff in a post like on the first page I think...

Took me long enough to finally get off me arse and do this...

@Gizzy: That was wtf5.unr :P Or wait..are you talking about...that thing I can't talk about...yeah...lol...

@Jackrabbit: WAT :shock:

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010, 03:38

Tower looks good :tup: Just be sure to put some kind of cabling or piping in the center; otherwise, it seems like whatever's at the top of the tower doesn't have any kind of connection to the ground. The tower's obviously not just for providing light - that wouldn't need such a rigid and reinforced design.

Shivaxi wrote:Lol Waff...thanx :P

That wasn't a joke either - it's really helpful. You mentioned that tons of stuff got done after a long period of stagnation. Breaking up the day with quick cycles can reduce stagnation and keep your mind fresh every time you come back to the editor.

I don't always religiously follow this schedule, though, of course; for example, if I'm really working hard and don't feel like stopping just because it's been 30 minutes, I won't stop and take a break. But as soon as I start stalling, I switch gears for however long it takes me to get focused again, which is usually around 30 minutes or less.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010, 04:10

Well I only managed to do anything today because I finally figured out a counterbalance to some of my mental issues, which I won't go into...but your idea there may actually help me even more, so I might give it a try.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010, 11:14

Shivaxi wrote: because I finally figured out a counterbalance to some of my mental issues, which I won't go into...

mental issues eh? I knew it, I knew it, I immediately noticed there was something inherently wrong with anyone who makes a WTF map :wink: :lol: :B

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010, 15:08

salsaSkaarj wrote:
Shivaxi wrote: because I finally figured out a counterbalance to some of my mental issues, which I won't go into...

mental issues eh? I knew it, I knew it, I immediately noticed there was something inherently wrong with anyone who makes a WTF map :wink: :lol: :B

XD :lol:

@Waff: Yeah forgot to mention that I will have some cable or something running up the middle =P

Torquemada
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 21 Sep 2011, 13:59

So are you going to release Series 2 as a standalone only, or (also) a full version combining both packs? Just finished Series 1 and obviously there's a link to wtf4 at the end of wtf3. If you do the combo, remember to include FootstepsSnd.uax in the pack, wtf2 requires it. :)

BTW, it was enjoyable to play, many good ideas, many scary moments and enough need for head-scratching too. You had some pretty Skaarj in there. The assault rifle was almost too good, rapid-firing headshots, and the rapid flak was lots of fun... The real WTF? moments were that crazy elevator and those doors... (There were a couple minor BSP errors but nothing memorable. The only real bug was near teleport pond in wtf1, looking at it sometimes caused a mysterious slide-show slowdown for a while. Nothing bame-breaking though.) Looking forward to Series 2. :)

[Edit] Just realized what a necro this post was. :B

Previous Next