Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

[u1] [ut] FireStorm

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: [u1] [ut] FireStorm

Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017, 22:30

evilgrins wrote:
salsaSkaarj wrote:By all means, please continue to discourage Turboman so that you can then say, "see, I told you so".

Dear Turboman,

I will name all my kids after you if you complete Firestorm soon.

Even the girl.

sincerely,
proud father of my daughter & son, Turboman & Turboman.

I lol'd :)
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar Nalisavior
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017, 03:59

Any updates on this? Turboman confirmed that no betas are to be released before the final version is completed. At what date will that option of releasing what the privileged few have had access to for years be explored again?

It would be a great tragedy for the community of Unreal to go functionally extinct as the last vestiges of this once great community are snuffed out as people finally move on to newer games before this masterpiece is released even in unfinished form.

I sincerely hope that one day the dwindling prisoner 849's of this amazing 18 year old game will be able to play what has already been created before only a handful of people are still around to witness its glory. I can only pray.

watcher_of_the_skies
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017, 15:49

Nalisavior wrote:Any updates on this? Turboman confirmed that no betas are to be released before the final version is completed. At what date will that option of releasing what the privileged few have had access to for years be explored again?

It would be a great tragedy for the community of Unreal to go functionally extinct as the last vestiges of this once great community are snuffed out as people finally move on to newer games before this masterpiece is released even in unfinished form.

I sincerely hope that one day the dwindling prisoner 849's of this amazing 18 year old game will be able to play what has already been created before only a handful of people are still around to witness its glory. I can only pray.

Pray then... Habouji...

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017, 18:54

Nalisavior wrote:Any updates on this? Turboman confirmed that no betas are to be released before the final version is completed. At what date will that option of releasing what the privileged few have had access to for years be explored again?

I think we need to wait until The Chosen One is released, THEN if Firestorm is better, it will be released, this is what I think..

watcher_of_the_skies
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017, 18:58

I hope it's just a twisted theory of yours. Otherwise we won't get anything. :P (Joking.)

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018, 00:01

I've been away for like, three years. I decided to login on the offchance that firestorm has been released and low and behold we're all still waiting XD

Definitely a fan of the "release the beta" idea and release the 227 version later. I've gotten so old that I don't even game at all any more. If firestorm comes out I will make an exception of course
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Preki
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018, 00:05

Ditto for me, I haven't played Unreal SP since Xenome, but I will say goodbye to reality once more when Firestorm is released. Eh, Turboman should have at least post some screenshots or just say "hey guys, I'm alive and kickin' ".

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018, 02:14

It's kind of funny actually. I just realized we have witnessed the 5-stages of grief on this thread:

Denial (2010):
Shivaxi wrote:lol...a new trailer would be pointless and a waste of time at this point...it's going to be finished and ready for release any day now....any day...

Anger (2011):
Darkon wrote:I have much higher expectations from Firestorm tho (higher than NC and SF). But I agree with LH that it takes forever. I'm pretty much getting out of "the scene", cuz I simply have no time anymore... and wonder how many people will come and go before Firestorm gets released. Will it be worth it... to release it to whoever is left...?
Didn't want to sound doom-n-gloom there, but I also have higher hopes for Firestorm to get released than Residual Decay for example. But every time I hear that something else is going to be added, or something else is getting fixed, which meant that there are changes again and again...

Bargaining (2012):
Nalisavior wrote:Turboman I hope you read this.. If theres any way I could provide an incentive for release.. If Firestorm is released prior to the end of September I will send you 40$ via paypay as a token of gratitude. Ive been waiting almost 5 years for this project and I'm waiting for that moment when I go to Unrealsp.org and on the mainpage "Firestorm released!" is there and I jump for joy and delve back into the unforgetable world of Na pali and protect the Nali race again. Once again I wish you the best of luck on creating arguably the most anticipated Unreal mappack ever concieved or released. I pray that my hope for your grand creation is not in vain, God speed. - Sincerely Nalisavior

Depression (2014):
radios wrote:it would be sad if it was finally released, but there was no one around to play it.. :? unreal is very old, and is very lucky to have a loyal fan base at the moment.. but things change..

Acceptance (2015):
Ryanx69x wrote:You guys still honestly think this is going to be released?

:lol: :lol:
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018, 21:22

Preki wrote:Ditto for me, I haven't played Unreal SP since Xenome, but I will say goodbye to reality once more when Firestorm is released. Eh, Turboman should have at least post some screenshots or just say "hey guys, I'm alive and kickin' ".
Yeah, say something!. is he still alive?.. maybe he has no internet access?.

User avatar SteadZ
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 24 Feb 2018, 22:55

Turboman still posts on Oldunreal (and was last online today) so my guess is he has internet access. :lol:

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018, 00:58

He could be possibly waiting Unreal to be 20 years old this May and then release it. Would be cool.
ImageImage

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018, 01:29

UBerserker wrote:He could be possibly waiting Unreal to be 20 years old this May and then release it. Would be cool.

I think Unreal's 50th anniversary would be far more epic... :P
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018, 10:40

Lightning Hunter wrote:It's kind of funny actually. I just realized we have witnessed the 5-stages of grief on this thread:

haha nice one :lol:

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018, 10:45

TheIronKnuckle wrote:I've been away for like, three years. I decided to login on the offchance that firestorm has been released and low and behold we're all still waiting XD

Definitely a fan of the "release the beta" idea and release the 227 version later. I've gotten so old that I don't even game at all any more. If firestorm comes out I will make an exception of course

I'll probably sound like a promotor hired by JazzyB, but I guarantee you I do this without being asked, and for free :wink:
If I were you I'ld make that exception for Xenome (certainly part 2: Interloper) (and play it without foreknowledge so that the thrill of the surprises hits you - so don't read the Xenome topic as yet).

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018, 12:38

Lightning Hunter wrote:It's kind of funny actually. I just realized we have witnessed the 5-stages of grief on this thread:

At this rate we'll get to go through it all over again :o
Formerly Mman

Previous Next