Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

[ut] SP-Liandri Conflict

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Sarevok
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Re: [ut] SP-Liandri Conflict

Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010, 22:35

I think I have to disagree with that one. IMO I'd prefer slightly stretched textures over unaligned. I always felt the lighting looks worse on the edges of unaligned textures. BTW it looks like a base texture, but it actually is part of a wall texture :wink:

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010, 22:51

It doesn't need to be either! Align the textures to wall direction & pan, then u-pan the textures until they line up.

A technique that's always worked for me when aligning textures on cylinders with equally wide sides is to:
- Select every side
- Deselect one side
- U-pan the remaining sides towards the deselected side until the texture lines up
- Deselect the newly aligned side and repeat the exact same pan (e.g. 16 + 4 + 1 + 1), deselecting one side at a time.

You will end up with the cylinder aligned on every edge except for one, which you can place on the least visually prominent side of the brush.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010, 16:12

...unlesss...... Sarevok's idea is ok on one hand. If you take a block and shape it into a certain size, you could expect at least two sides to look like they're cut.. which you can make it look like that when you use stretched textures. Not a bad idea... as long as you don't overdo it + as long as it doesn't look (too) blurry.
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

Doublez-Down
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 25 Dec 2010, 17:11

Why not just use Texalign? That's what it's for. Large blocked floor textures often work well on pillars as well and are easier to align.
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 01 Mar 2014, 23:12

May I ask how's progress on things? Also, does anyone have a working contact for Sarevok? Thanks in advance.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014, 00:50

I haven't heard from Sarevok since he sent me an early version of the maps with my ice spider. This was years ago, though, so I don't know if his email is current. I'll send it to you just in case.

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014, 18:07

he hasn't been here since

Code: Select all

Last visited:  19 Jan 2012, 07:12

Previous