A random sentence for a random mind.

[u1] New FireStorm screenshots

Legacy news previously posted on UnrealSP.org.
User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject: [u1] New FireStorm screenshots

Post Posted: 25 Nov 2007, 18:42

Turboman has started a new forum thread about his upcoming Unreal / SP project FireStorm. The thread features a great many promising screenshots, some of which are familiar and others less so. For a refresher on exactly what Turboman's 20+ map project, currently planned for release in early 2008, will offer, check out his new project thread here!
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Dec 2007, 19:14

Maybe splitting the news about projects in a news thread and the project thread isn't such a great idea? You could try to hack the View/Comment links for project news to redirect people to the respective threads.

Anyway, Turboman's project appears to become a great Unreal sequel. It's good to actually see some new classes in a mod, like new weapons and, more importantly, pawns not just being subclasses of old monster types or bots.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Dec 2007, 19:31

sana wrote:Maybe splitting the news about projects in a news thread and the project thread isn't such a great idea? You could try to hack the View/Comment links for project news to redirect people to the respective threads.

This isn't really meant to be a discussion forum, despite what we've seen on the UT3 thread: it's a news ticker / comments forum, and I see no need to muddy the waters.

Life is what you make of it.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Dec 2007, 20:17

Finally this thread got replies!

Anyway, let's make the news node stays as it is. Here you comment about the news posted, that's all :P
ImageImage

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Dec 2007, 22:30

UBerserker wrote:Finally this thread got replies!

Anyway, let's make the news node stays as it is. Here you comment about the news posted, that's all :P

hereby: I like the news node AND I want Firestorm to be released asap! :P
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Dec 2007, 00:46

Hellscrag wrote:This isn't really meant to be a discussion forum, despite what we've seen on the UT3 thread: it's a news ticker / comments forum, and I see no need to muddy the waters.

Well, it probably really isn't that important, it's just that nobody commented the news post but posted in the original project thread instead (which actually is the right way to go). And a project such as FireStorm having no comments to it's news is kinda the wrong way :P
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Firestorm!

Post Posted: 24 Dec 2007, 17:44

Can't wait till you release Firestorm. Nice screenshots! I'll be waiting to take on the dragon! :twisted:
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."